Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 02-20-2007
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Goring signs with Andersen Racing in Star Mazda

Yup, its official. Here is the press release

Star Mazda: Goring Signs with Andersen Racing

Andersen Racing has announced Jonathan Goring will drive for the team in the upcoming Star Mazda Championship.
Goring, having tested with the team back in November and widely rumored to join the team for some time, was recently confirmed as the third full-time Star Mazda Championship driver at Andersen Racing. As part of a five-car team at the season-opening race at Sebring International Raceway, Goring will make his series debut alongside series regulars Jonny Baker and Ricardo Vassmer, as well as Phil Saville and Michael Fitzgerald, who will take part in selected races during the upcoming season.
The 17 year-old Goring joins Andersen Racing and the Star Mazda Championship following a wild, but ultimately successful season of racing in the Skip Barber National series. Returning for a second season of competition, the Norfolk, Conn., native went from a race winner to title contender. Battling all season-long, Goring narrowly edged two other drivers for the title, securing the championship on the final lap of the season-finale. In wining the title, Goring was awarded the $100,000 champion's scholarship, which has helped him make the move up the motorsports ladder. Goring becomes the second consecutive Skip Barber National champion to drive for Andersen Racing, following in the footsteps of Gerardo Bonilla.
Based in Fairfield, N.J., Andersen Racing is widely regarded as one of the premier teams in the junior formula car category. Owned and operated by Dan and John Andersen, the team has established an internal motorsports ladder system in order to prepare and develop its drivers to achieve success in the upper echelons of the sport. In 2007, Andersen Racing will run multi-car operations in Indy Pro Series, Star Mazda Championship and F2000 Championship Series.
Currently Andersen Racing is continuing preparations for the 2007 star Mazda Championship and Round One at Sebring on March 16th.
"I felt as though I were driving through a tunnel. The whole circuit became a tunnel...I had reached such a high level of concentration that it was if the car and I had become one. Together we were at the maximum. I was giving the car everything and vise versa." -- Ayrton Senna
Old 02-21-2007
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Re: Goring signs with Andersen Racing in Star Mazda

Congratulations and good luck this year.
Old 02-21-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Congrats, Jonathan!
Old 02-21-2007
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Outstanding! See you at Sebring.
Old 02-22-2007
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

See, whadd I tell youse. Da keed is so go-ood

Way to go keed!!! Too bad eets not an Alfa, but.......tiempo cambio

Bookmark This Thread