Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 11-04-2010
Burger Flipper #2
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4
VIR 13hr

Hi All,
Seems I should have posted this earlier in the week, so better late than never. At last weekends 13hr Charge of the Headlight Brigade, many Skippy alumni did us all proud. Leading the charge were Al Carter and Hugh Plumb in a Playboy Spec MX5 winning their class I believe. Next came Jim Norman, Brandon Newey and Dan Herrington finishing second in Spec Miata (first was suspiciously 6 laps up on all the other SM's ) Close behind and poised to follow and maybe challenge team Norman for second was the car I was coaching with Scott Anderson, Tyler Wolfson and Tyler Cooke. Alas with 40 minutes to go and only 10 seconds behind the Norman car our alternator crapped out and we had to make two more stops in the last 1/2 hr to swap in fresh batteries to make sure we could finish. Wolfson did a great job to limp it home with only the stock headlights to salvage 6th in class. Not easy to do at VIR in the dark.
Also there were the Griest brothers with Gregg Borland co-driving an SM. Aaron Nash and Sam Schechter were in their SM and finished 7th right behind the two Tyler's and Scott. John Dubets sharing an older BMW e30 with three others I did not know. Team Edwards were also in an SM but ran into trouble when John got hit early on and had a long stop for repairs. John Mayes and Michael Auriemma ran a SM out of the same stable and had better luck but not sure where they finished.
It was as a great event and I highly recommend doing it of you get a chance. There are a few more club enduro's this winter to be taken in, so if anyone is interested let me know. In fact, if anyone is up for a real challenge, we could arrange the 33 hrs of NASA. Dec. 3-5 it is possible to race the 8hr enduro at Atlanta on Friday. Fly to Sacramento Friday night, and race the 25hrs of Thunderhill starting Saturday 11:00am west coast time. I don't think anyone has done this before (there is probably a reason) and I am sure we could generate some press out of it.
If you are crazy enough to give it a try, contact me; robslonaker@gmail.com and we can talk about it.
Cheers,
Rob
Old 11-05-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: VIR 13hr

Thanks Rob and high fives to all the participants. Tough luck on the alternator. Congrats to Al and Jim and their teams. Bravo!

How 'bout some more first hand reports...
Old 11-05-2010
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: VIR 13hr

I love this race. Wish I was there! Glad to see more and more Skippy people showing up for this. Congrats to you all for getting down there.

Bookmark This Thread