Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 09-07-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
SBRS Customer Wish List...

Since the "New Russell Cars" thread seems to be taking on a life of its' own why don't we start a customer discussion on the top 10 things you would change at SBRS to make the series more viable and attractive to it's key customer base. What things would you leave untouched? What strategies can you suggest that may entice drivers to commit or re-commit to doing more events or most if not the whole season?

In the end it is in everyone's interest to keep this series alive and thriving. At some point the message will be heard. There is no better information than from those that buy the product, so let's have at it....
Old 09-08-2007
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2
Re: SBRS Customer Wish List...

Ok Chris, I'll give it a try. Since I hope to do a lot more racing with SBRS in the next few years.
I would like to see a longer race. These fuel cells are really plastic bags and it can't be such a big deal to put in 30% more fuel. After the first race, those thirty minute sessions are just letting me get in the rythem, and then, it is over too soon.
I would like to see a better seat in the cars. I am a big guy and I still can't get those lap belts tight enough for my liking. I really want to be a part of the car. A little side bolstering would be nice.
This is just a personal little thing; but a proper race car has an open exhaust... Lets take off the supertraps and electronically equalize these cars.
I may have more ideas after LRP in October
Old 09-08-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE
OK Chris, I'll give it a try. Since I hope to do a lot more racing with SBRS in the next few years.
I would like to see a longer race. These fuel cells are really plastic bags and it can't be such a big deal to put in 30% more fuel. After the first race, those thirty minute sessions are just letting me get in the rythem, and then, it is over too soon.
I would like to see a better seat in the cars. I am a big guy and I still can't get those lap belts tight enough for my liking. I really want to be a part of the car. A little side bolstering would be nice.
This is just a personal little thing; but a proper race car has an open exhaust... Lets take off the supertraps and electronically equalize these cars.
I may have more ideas after LRP in October
I agree, but would not want to see prices raised to have longer sessions..possible solution

Practice sessions at 25-30 minutes are OK with me but longer races would be nice. Old format was 18-20 min race on Sat and about 40 min on Sunday which was pretty good. Of course no qualy back then, an additional 30 min practice sat and race 1 was gridded by avg points. I'm sure most would not want to give up qualy so that could stay the same but longer race on Sunday may be a compromise with no cost penalty. I figure they owe us that one.

With 5 groups X 2 on Sat it is unlikely longer races would be possible because of time, but friday could accomodate an addtional 5 minutes each without the extra time for races
Old 09-08-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Here is a no cost wish item, maybe doesn't belong here but I'll post it anyway.

Return to old format of mixed groups, with sportsman championship officially gone I think it's time to change the format.

As Chris has stated champ groups can be thin at times. Why not have mixed groups 1/3 champ ability, 1/3 mid-pack/improving and 1/3 new or folks who are comfortable with slower lap times. At many races one group would be mostly newer guys of similar speed. Throughout a season you got to compete with everyone anyway and the groups were tweaked so the top guys had to race each other. On the last weekend which as now could not be dropped the top 10-15 were put in one group, this was many times the oppurtunity for others to get that first win in the remaining groups.

This seems to be in-line with real world racing and I still think the best guy wins the big one and the top 5-7 at the end of the year would be the same as current format. The current argument is that sportsman can have a chance to win, but that is still only true for 3-4 in each group the rest don't really have a shot. With 3-4 champ ability racers in each group a potential sportsman winner does have a shot and at least can compete for the same point awards. Again with the dropping of sportsman championship this makes a lot of sense, in addition we get champ guys in every group to keep it more interesting and more people involved watching the races, which is not always the case with sportsman...or so it seems

Yes, my current situation probably has influenced this idea, and it was fun winning in sportsman. However I would have preferred the mixed groups from day one, in addition there is no decisions about going to champ, your already there.

This seems like a no brainer to me, please comment on what I'm missing with this idea.

P.S another bonus is at least there will be enough drivers to have East racers together and Midwest together then we are all competing together for each championship

If there is a positive response to this I will send an email to Todd-o, if not i will keep it here and not muddy the waters. I plan on winning in champ either way soon...yea right...)
Old 09-08-2007
Irrational National

Gallery Images: 815

Don,

The group arrangement was recently discussed in this earlier thread.
http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ead.php?t=2102

A second followup poll was done here: http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ead.php?t=2127

Enjoy!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 09-08-2007

Quote:
Ok Chris, I'll give it a try. Since I hope to do a lot more racing with SBRS in the next few years.
I would like to see a longer race. These fuel cells are really plastic bags and it can't be such a big deal to put in 30% more fuel.
This came up a few weeks (months?) ago. Jedi Watts says the new fuel pumps are bigger, but more reliable, hence less room for fuel.
Quote:
I would like to see a better seat in the cars. I am a big guy ...I really want to be a part of the car. A little side bolstering would be nice.
Have you had a seat insert poured? Makes you one with the machine. About $100 bucks, plus a tip for the mechanic.
Quote:
...but a proper race car has an open exhaust... Lets take off the supertraps....
I think there may be a noise restriction at LRP??? I know they use the Supertrap PLUS an additional transverse cross-flow muffler at super-sensitive Laguna Seca. Used to be only two events a year at Laguna that ran unmuffled, Champ Car and the Superbikes.
Old 09-09-2007

I for one would like to see the Sportsman run for a championshiop. The task of running against faster more experienced drivers is daunting for those that want to compete for a whole season. I know of a number of drivers that decided not to run the season this year when they didnt have an intermediate step to run for a championship.

I would love to see an expert group brought back for those that were at the top of sportsman in one season and needed to move up to championship the next season. There are many of us that are caught in that middle place. Being at the bottom, or at the top, all of the time makes for really expensive lapping days.

As far as costs go, I am quite concerned over the cost escalations the last few seasons and the lack of incentive for someone to do the whole season.

I am sure there are many other reasons why we don't have as many committed full season drivers.
Old 09-10-2007
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

I'd like some cup holders. Maybe some Sirius Satellite radio, Blue-tooth..
And can someone please ask management at Embassy Suites in Seaside to please bring back those delicious meatballs.

B

Bookmark This Thread