Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 09-14-2011
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Will there be a Skip Barber National Championship for 2012?

Hello,

I am working with a karter who will be participating in the kart shootout at Laguna Seca in November, and I thought it was a given that there would be Skip Barber National Championship series next year, particularly as the top prize is literally a ride in that series, but I've heard a rumor that there won't actually be a SBNC series for 2012.

Can anyone comment or provide insight?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Will there be a Skip Barber National Championship for 2012?

Hi Keith,

In the past, the winners of the Karting Scholarship Shootout have received a scholarship to compete in a full season of the next step series, which was the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National. You are correct that the National series is currently in its final year. The winner of the Shootout this November will still be awarded a full race season with the Skip Barber Race Series, this time, a season of their choice (Winter or Summer). After that season, they will be eligible to participate in the Race Series Champion Shootout, a shootout which awards the winner a full season in the 2013 USF2000 Championship.

We started off with only 30 spots for this year's Karting Scholarship Shootout, and seats are almost all filled. If this is something your karter is considering, then call 800.221.1131 to get all your questions answered and to make sure your karter is eligible. Hurry before it fills up!

Kelly
Old 09-14-2011
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Kelly,

Thanks. He is already one of the people registered, though that that is disappointing to hear that things have changed.

I checked the SB website but I didn't see any information on the 2011/2012 Southern season schedule; I would think it would have been posted by now and it may be that I'm not looking in the right place.

If the schedule has been posted, could you provide a link?

Thanks,

KO
Old 09-14-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Sure, no problem!

To give the racers more variety, the Western and Southern Series have been combined to one Winter Championship.

Here's the schedule and all the other information: http://www.skipbarber.com/7_28_2011_1_10_50_PM.asp
Old 09-16-2011
Rookie / Advanced Member (<10 Posts)Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Thumbs up Re: Will there be a Skip Barber National Championship for 2012?

Many thanks for your interest in Skip Barber Racing School's race series and awards program.
The National as we have know it has been replaced with the following path to US F2000:
- Karting Shoot Out at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca where karters are eligible for scholarships awards for the 2011-2012 Winter (6 race weekends) or the 2012 Summer (8 to 10 race weekends) Series
- The top Winter and Summer Series drivers will be invited to the 2012 Championship Shoot Out (which will be held at the same time as the Karting Shoot Out)
- 2012 Championship Shoot Out drivers compete for the 2013 US F 2000 scholarship
This is similar to how we ran the Big Scholarship for our Pro Series.
Please call if you have questions or just to chat about the ladder.
Michael

Bookmark This Thread