Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 03-25-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Regional Races

Again, apologies for making another thread with questions, its just i need to find answer's and this forum provides me with them right away!!!

Okay, well after doing my 1st race weekend at Sebring and having an amazing time, i'm ready to sign up for my 2nd race weekend. I am trying to navigate through skip babrer's website but with the new modifications and half the site not really up and working yet, i can't find out where and when there are going to be regional races taking place. I know the summer series does not have any races in florida but i am willing to go to Road Atlanta as i love that track and did my 3 days and 2 days there. I think i saw that there was a race there end of july around july 23rd, near there but i also want to see the whole summer series line up as well as the end of the southern series. Maybe do Sebring again if there is another race. The information might be on their website but for some reason, i'm struggling to find it. If anyone can point me in the right direction and also has some recommendations to other tracks that are amazing and fun to go to, please post up.

Thank you guys for reading,

Andor T.

P.S.: Should be at PBIR (Moroso) on sunday to watch the last race of the regional race weekend. Its a 45 min drive from my house so y not. Was as the track on wed. seeing some ff2000 team testing as well as talking to some driver's. K gotta go back to doing hw for hrs and than waking up in 5hrs for class..
Old 03-25-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Regional Races

This should help you Andor. It tells you the dates, places and all the tracks with slick tires are combined with a National race weekend as well. The most amazing of those tracks are Watkins Glen, Road America and VIR. Lime Rock is a lot more challenging than it looks with tricky technical turns and elevations changes but the other three are long road courses that both challenge and delight. Haven't been to Autobahn before so maybe someone who has been will chime in.
my two cents.
Pat
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	summerseriesslicksschedule.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	4282  
Old 03-25-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ead.php?t=7702
Old 03-25-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Thanks for your patience with the new site, guys. Our IT department as a list of items to work on and they're working hard to get all the kinks ironed out.

Don't forget, you can always call your SSA if you have any questions!
Old 03-25-2011

Thank you guys for all the info and help. Its either VIR (which everyone tells me is plain right amazing but a challenging track), Lime-Rock, or Road Atlanta. I will of course keep you guys updated. Very excited to try the sick tires though... never driven the formula car w/ it yet
Old 03-25-2011
administrationistperson

VIR hands down
Old 03-25-2011
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Very excited to try the sick tires though...
Andor, I love your typo! The slicks are SICK!!! You're going to love them!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 03-25-2011

Gallery Images: 14

If you're gonna be in PB, yyou think about running the memorial? I have no clue what the cost is these days, ......but seattime... :-)
Old 03-26-2011
Irrational National

Gallery Images: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcote View Post
If you're gonna be in PB, yyou think about running the memorial? I have no clue what the cost is these days, ......but seattime... :-)
Memorial races are currently $499.

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 03-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
Memorial races are currently $499.
great idea to run a memorial if you can
cheapest seat time skippy offers

dont worry about the race.

also - i vote for watkins, but its a hard choice, i love all of RA, atlanta, vir, lr and of course watkins
Old 03-27-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

I'd vote for WGI if Andor had more seat time. The blue bushes... (powder blue painted Armco close in at almost every point around the track) increase the pucker factor and cost if you screw up. It's one of North America's truly great tracks but unless you're supremely confident in your car control skills I wouldn't pick it as a second race weekend. VIR on the other hand has a few unforgiving places but offers much more forgiveness for the steep part of the learning curve. You must run WGI at some point but I agree with Doug that VIR would be a great choice for race weekend number 2. If you get comfortable with VIR first, WGI will be much less intimidating.
My 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
great idea to run a memorial if you can
cheapest seat time skippy offers

dont worry about the race.

also - i vote for watkins, but its a hard choice, i love all of RA, atlanta, vir, lr and of course watkins
Old 03-27-2011
administrationistperson

WGI wasn't on his list......why even bring it up?

VIR anyway, much safer as DD says, would just be more fun there. Now that I have totally whammied you at VIR maybe better make it ______ (not sayin nuthin )
Old 03-27-2011
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 10

I agree, at this point in your career, go with tracks where you have the most run off in case something goes awry. It will enable you to have a bit more confidence in pushing yourself and the car with a reduced fear of balling up a car, and therefore allow you to put your money into seat time rather than toward crash damage. That's not a slam against you personally, that's just a smart strategy for most new drivers. As you get more confident, I encourage you to go to as many different tracks as your time/budget will allow. At every new track you go to, you'll learn something from it that you can apply to other tracks. The diversity of your experience will really increase your depth of understanding toward learning new tracks and transferring certain techniques to different tracks. It's also fun to see the amazing differences in the quality of track facilities.

Whatever you do and where ever you go, have fun!
Pete

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis." ~ Carroll Smith
Old 03-27-2011

thank you guys (again..) for all the help, as always! I wish i coulda made it out to pbir. Ran into some trouble this morning and by the time everything was settled out, it was already around 3pm, not worth going when all the races i'm sure were already finished .

VIR is def. gonna be one of my next tracks but its only a month away and i wont be able to get the 45 day discount. I think i'm gonna sign up for lapping, practice, and race weekend at Road Atlanta at the end of july. I know that track and love it and its drivable from south florida. ( 10-12 hrs! ). Nothing is set in stone but will keep u guys updated. If i do well, might have some family friends that love racing that are willing to help me financially with some racing. I paid for my 1st race out of my pocket but this second race was given to see how i doo.
Old 03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
thank you guys (again..) for all the help, as always! I wish i coulda made it out to pbir. Ran into some trouble this morning and by the time everything was settled out, it was already around 3pm, not worth going when all the races i'm sure were already finished .

VIR is def. gonna be one of my next tracks but its only a month away and i wont be able to get the 45 day discount. I think i'm gonna sign up for lapping, practice, and race weekend at Road Atlanta at the end of july. I know that track and love it and its drivable from south florida. ( 10-12 hrs! ). Nothing is set in stone but will keep u guys updated. If i do well, might have some family friends that love racing that are willing to help me financially with some racing. I paid for my 1st race out of my pocket but this second race was given to see how i doo.
outstanding choice, i love this track as well.

Bookmark This Thread