Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 03-16-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Sebring Nationals

I wasn't sure if to start a whole thread with just a question but is there any way to stay up to date with what is happening at Sebring this weekend? Not meaning the 12hr but the National race, quali, practice etc and as well as the other pre races happening. I am friends with some of the racers on facebook so can kinda follow along a little bit but was wondering if there was another way or if anyone here can post up on all the action i'm missing!!!

Thank you guys!

If threads pointless., no problem, just delete
Old 03-17-2011
Burger Flipper #2

Gallery Images: 4
Re: Sebring Nationals

Andor, try @skipbarbernatl twitter feed. Kelly has been posting updates.
Old 03-17-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslonaker View Post
woot go kelly
Old 03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslonaker View Post
exactly what i was looking for!! haha thank you!

I dont have a twitter but thank god i can still see the tweets she's making! Kelly ftw!!!!
Old 03-18-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Great use of twitter. Nice work Kelly and congrats to all the Nationals who put on the usual hard fought good show. Bravo and big smiles.
Old 03-18-2011
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Great job Kelly, nice to feel connected to the National action, even from a great distance.
Old 03-19-2011
somewhere out there

Where are the results listed? The Skip homepage only lists schedule/prices and the news section seems to be out of kilter as it is displaying nothing about any topic.
Old 03-19-2011
Grand Master

Yeah, they've rejiggered their web site and don't seem to have it all worked out yet. Don't think it will up to speed for a few days according to Kelly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossfeld View Post
Where are the results listed? The Skip homepage only lists schedule/prices and the news section seems to be out of kilter as it is displaying nothing about any topic.
Old 03-19-2011

it was so great being in class yesterday following along the race with kelly's tweets!!
Old 03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossfeld View Post
Yeah i couldn't find it either on the site. News section isn't workingg for the passed week.

These r the results from the race:

Race 1: http://twitpic.com/4ang18

Race 2 Quali: http://twitpic.com/4ang18

Race 2: http://twitpic.com/4aqft8
Old 03-21-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Thanks guys!!! I tried to post the press releases on here, but we were having major internet problems at the track. (Grrrrr)

You are indeed correct, the News portion of the new website is indeed having some kinks, and unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to get that up and running. Until then, our WONDERFUL friends at Racer Magazine have been posting the National press releases on their website. Click here to view.

I'll be finishing up the full weekend wrap up this afternoon, and will post here when it's ready.
Old 03-21-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Why would someone go live with a site that isn't ready to go live?
Old 03-21-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

hahaha. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......No comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Why would someone go live with a site that isn't ready to go live?
Old 03-21-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Seeing how in depth the programming was behind our website and all the different databases it was talking to for each page, I think it was something that may have not been realized until it was up and operational. I didn't even notice until we were at Sebring and I went to my content management system to post a story and realized I couldn't. I think a majority of the focus was the program pages, which looks and work great (Great job IT!!!). As we use the new website now on a daily basis, we'll find more kinks and problems that need to be fixed, as with any site. It will take a few weeks, but we (IT with the help of the rest of the company) are trying to get them ironed out ASAP.

Until then, RACER and eformulacar news should continue to run our stories and I will post them on here as well. Thanks for your patience, guys!
Old 03-21-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Rounds 1&2: Sebring Skip Barber National Wrap Up
Newey Leads Championship
The 14th season of the Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda kicked off last week at the legendary 12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway. Nineteen year old Thomas McGregor and eighteen year old Brandon Newey took the first race wins of the season, as well as each earning an additional podium finish. Brandon Newey leads the championship heading into Round 3 with Thomas McGregor just two points behind.
IZOD IndyCar driver and Skip Barber Racing School Alumni Ryan Hunter-Reay visited the drivers before the final race to speak to them regarding his time with the race series. “These instructors and this organization is what makes it happen,” he told them. “Take full advantage of it.” Offering advice to young drivers and continuing communications with Skip Barber Racing School, Hunter-Reay continues to remain dedicated to the organization that helped him climb the motorsports ladder.

Hunter-Reay giving advice to the Skip Barber National Competitors
(Photo: Kelly Brouillet, Courtesy of Skip Barber Racing School)
Round 1
Starting in the sixth position, Sebastian Ordonez quickly worked his way up through the field to be in second in the first lap. Pole sitter Scott Anderson fought hard to maintain his lead, and remained in the top four for the entirety of the race, ultimately finishing fourth. Shelby Blackstock grabbed the lead in the same lap, Thomas McGregor and Ordonez close behind. Going three wide into seventeen, McGregor grabbed the lead and started to expand the gap between him and Anderson. Skip Barber Racing School Karting Scholarship Shootout winner and MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Driver Trent Hindman started sixth and by lap two had worked his way up to third to contend for the lead position. Hindman locked up before the hairpin and McGregor took advantage of the situation, grabbing the lead. The race then went full course yellow as Karting Scholarship participant Remo Ruscitti’s machine went down on course near turn seventeen.
As the race returned to green, Hindman made a successful pop for the lead down the front straight. With just a few laps remaining, Hindman and McGregor battled strong and close for the lead with Anderson, Blackstock and Brandon Newey close behind. McGregor grabbed the lead and started to expand the gap between him and Anderson. Skip Barber Racing School Karting Scholarship Shootout winner and MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Driver Danilo Estrela, who at this time was mysteriously missing the nose of his car, had worked his way to fourth with just two laps to go. As the white flag flew, McGregor gained a slight lead from the rest of the pack. With Anderson, Estrela and Newey fighting hard for second position, nerves were at an all time high as the checker flew. McGregor grabbed the first win of the season with Newey 1.162 seconds behind and Estrela 0.044 seconds behind Newey. “Looking at where I was last year and where I am now,” said McGregor “I just want to thank my dad, Exclusive Management, Michael Duncalfe, everyone who stood behind me and gave me a huge opportunity to race in a great series like this.”

McGregor leads Blackstock into the Carousel at Sebring International Raceway
Round 2
MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman started Round 2 on pole but by the time the field completed the first lap, fellow MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela lead the field down the front straight. Brandon Newey made a pop for the top position, only to have Thomas McGregor claim the lead.
Starting sixth, Sebastian Ordonez worked his way up to lead lap two, and consistently remained in the top four for the rest of the race. McGregor and Newey battled close for the lead, but showed sportsmanship in still working together to remain upfront. At the halfway point, McGregor gained a car length lead, only to have Blackstock advance to the front. Blackstock’s lead was short lived as Newey passed on the inside, with McGregor following suit. With one lap to go, Newey held the lead with Ordonez five car lengths behind.
Time sheets show four different race leaders passing the start/finish line, however, at least five drivers battled over the lead throughout the track, going three wide into corners and working the draft. Newey took home the checker flag with Ordonez 1.113 seconds behind and McGregor 3.487 seconds behind the leader. “It feels great, I can’t believe it,” said Newey. “I want to say thanks to my dad and thanks to all the Skip Barber guys…Everyone’s been really supportive, and it was just a great weekend.”

Ordonez pre-race (Photo: Kelly Brouillet, Courtesy of Skip Barber Racing School)
OFFICIAL Results for Round 1 of 16 at Sebring International Raceway
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
March 17, 2011 (Starting position in parenthesis)
1.(2) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
2. (3) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
3. (8)
Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
(1) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (5)
Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
6. (4)
Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
7. (6) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
8. (11)
Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
9. (9) Mukul Sud, 25, India
10. (12) Devin Jones, 17, Mooresville, NC
11. (7) Patrick Gallagher, 18, Thornville, OH
12. (10)
Remo Ruscitti, 17, Burnaby, Canada
California Scents Pole Award: Scott Anderson
Cautions: One
Track Conditions: Warm and sunny
Race Length: 24:22.956, 9 Laps, 3.700 mile, 17 turn road course
Margin of Victory: 1.162 seconds
Lap Leaders: Shelby Blackstock 1; Thomas McGregor 2-5; Scott Anderson 6; Thomas McGregor 7-10

Fastest Lap: Trent Hindman (2:23.832/ 92.608)
California Scents Most Progressive: Danilo Estrela, 5 positions

Round 1 Podium: Newey (P2), McGregor (P1) and Estrela (P3)

OFFICIAL Results for Round 2 of 16 at Sebring International Raceway
March 18, 2011 (Starting position in parenthesis)
(2) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
2. (6)
Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
3. (7) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
4. (5) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
5. (1) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
6. (10)
Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
7. (4) Remo Ruscitti, 17, Burnaby, Canada
8. (9) Mukul Sud, 25, India
9. (3)
Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
10. (11) Patrick Gallagher, 18, Thornville, OH
11. (8)
Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
12. (12)
Devin Jones, 17, Mooresville, NC
California Scents Pole Award: Trent Hindman
Fastest Lap: Shelby Blackstock (2:23.844/ 92.600)
Cautions: None
Track Conditions: Warm and sunny
Race Length: 24:18.571
Margin of Victory: 1.113 seconds
Lap Leaders: Danilo Estrela 1; Sebastian Ordonez 2; Brandon Newey 3; Estrela 4; Thomas McGregor 5; Ordonez 6; McGregor 7; Newey 8-10

Fastest Lap: Shelby Blackstock (2:23.844/ 92.600)
California Scents Most Progressive: Shelby Blackstock, 4 Positions

Round 2 Podium: Ordonez (P2), Newey (P1) and McGregor (P3)

Parathyroid.com Most Cumulative Points Awards:
Brandon Newey
Thomas McGregor
Sebastian Ordonez
Championship Point Standings after 2 of 16 Rounds
67 pts. Brandon Newey (1 Win, 2 Podiums) Bryan Herta Autosport/Sparco/Bell
65 Thomas McGregor (1 Win, 2 Podiums) Exclusive Management, Inc./Dairy Queen
56 Sebastian Ordonez (1 Podium) RDD Motorsports/John Pew/Micheal Auriema/Auto Craze/Oakley
54 Danilo Estrela (1 Podium) MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development
53 Trent Hindman (1 Pole) MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development/Sparco/Racelite Protection/Premier Woodcraft
51 Scott Anderson (1 Pole) Laser Nail Centers/Neuropathy Testing Centers
50 Shelby Blackstock Starstruck Entertainment
45 Mukul Sud
43 Remo Ruscitti
43 Franco Aragones
41 Patrick Gallagher CTL Engineering/Promotion Driver Development
40 Devin Jones Social Distortion/Impact Racing/Racing Electronics

Click here to view more photos.
Click here to view time sheets.

Remaining Schedule
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda schedule
Rounds 3 & 4
: April 29-May 1 at Virginia International Raceway with Skip Barber Regional Series
Rounds 5 & 6: May 27-30 at Lime Rock Park with GRAND-AM
Rounds 7 & 8: July 1-3 at Road America with Skip Barber Regional Series
Rounds 9 & 10: July 21-23 at Road Atlanta with Skip Barber Regional Series
Rounds 11 & 12: August 11-13 at Lime Rock Park with Skip Barber Regional Series
Rounds 13 & 14
: September 9-11 at Autobahn with Skip Barber Regional Series
Rounds 15 & 16: Oct 6-8 at Lime Rock Park with Skip Barber Regional Series
About Parathyroid.com
Parathyroid.com is a multi-media educational website recognized as the leading authority on diseases of the parathyroid glands. Parathyroid tumors are small tumors located in the neck which affect one in 1000 people causing high blood calcium, osteoporosis, chronic fatigue, depression, and kidney stones, among other conditions. www.parathyroid.com
About California Scents
California Scents is a manufacturer of high quality air freshening products and has provided consumers with over 17 years of long-lasting fresh scents from exciting and eco-friendly products. California Scents products are available at major retailers throughout North America and are also available in over 65 countries around the world through authorized distributors. Some of the company’s popular brands include; California Scents, Pet Scents, Cool Scents, California Car Scents and Cool Gel. From gels, non-aerosol sprays and fiber pads to car vent clips and odor eliminators, California Scents provides a variety of products to meet any air freshening need. www.CaliforniaScents.com.

Follow the series all season long at twitter.com/skipbarbernatl.

Share the Passion.

Kelly Brouillet
kbrouillet@skipbarber.com
Old 03-23-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Videos Re: Sebring Nationals

Mike posted a full race on Vimeo - great action!!

2011 Skip Barber National Championship Sebring Race 2 from Mike Marino on Vimeo.
Helix In-Car Camera brings you Race 2 of the 2011 Skip Barber National Championship. In this race Sebastian Ordonez battles Brandon Newey and ten other racers for the win. We watch from the perspective of Sebastian Ordonez. Sebastian started sixth. Trent Hindman started on pole for the race. Shelby Blackstock ran the fastest lap. The qualifying order and start of the race was: Hindman, Newey, Anderson, Ruscitti, Estrela, Ordonez, McGregor, Aragones, Sud, Blackstock, Gallagher, Jones.
Old 03-23-2011

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Mike posted a full race on Vimeo - great action!!
Are these the slick tires that the regional series (i.e., summer series) will be using when we overlap with the nationals?
Old 03-23-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Yes, they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
Are these the slick tires that the regional series (i.e., summer series) will be using when we overlap with the nationals?
I also shot several videos of the weekend, which Mike and I will be working on editing and posting soon.Will keep you guys posted.
Old 03-23-2011

Many thanks to Mike and Doug for getting the National race video here! Great action!
Old 03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
Many thanks to Mike and Doug for getting the National race video here! Great action!
aye many thanks

for some reason the video stops at 20:08 and stops.

Anyone else have that issue?
Old 03-23-2011

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
aye many thanks

for some reason the video stops at 20:08 and stops.

Anyone else have that issue?
Yes, the audio continues but the video freezes. (Ditto on the thanks to Mike and CDH.)
Old 03-23-2011
Grand Master

Yes, thanks to Mike and Doug and my pics stop at 20:08 with audio continuing as well.

Bookmark This Thread