Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 09-16-2011
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

winter schedule

I cannot find the winter schedule on the skp website.
can someone supply. pls email to:
trnnflt@yahoo.com
Old 09-16-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: winter schedule

Hi Dr. Mike,

I just responded to the email you sent this morning with the schedule and the link to it's posting on our website.

anyone else looking for the schedule can check out this skippy forums thread or look at the posting on the website.

If anyone is not receiving the emails we send out (can't miss 'em, we do a lot!!), then please contact your Series Advisor.
Old 09-16-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Edwards View Post
I cannot find the winter schedule on the skp website.
can someone supply. pls email to:
trnnflt@yahoo.com
u going to atlanta?
Old 09-22-2011
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

@KBru - With all respect, it's easier to find Gilligan's Island than the Winter Schedule on the SB website.
Old 09-22-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO27 View Post
@KBru - With all respect, it's easier to find Gilligan's Island than the Winter Schedule on the SB website.
Preaching to the choir. I'm well aware of this (as is the entire company) but unfortunately, providing you the links and sending you the eblasts is the best we can do right now.
Old 09-22-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
Preaching to the choir. I'm well aware of this (as is the entire company) but unfortunately, providing you the links and sending you the eblasts is the best we can do right now.
Time for a sales call Strelz
Old 09-22-2011

Quote:
You mean because, like, an evil elf or something took control of the SBRS website? That's not confidence inspiring. Again, I mean this respectfully, but how hard is it to add a schedule to the website?
Old 09-22-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
You mean because, like, an evil elf or something took control of the SBRS website? That's not confidence inspiring. Again, I mean this respectfully, but how hard is it to add a schedule to the website?
Long story. I like the evil elf angle better!

It's a work in progress. Until then, I'm here to answer any marketing questions you all may have
Old 09-22-2011
administrationistperson

Come on, I have built/maintained many www sites and that is, sorry to say, BS. A more simple web task I can't think of. A text list of tracks and dates for 2012 could be added in minutes, this doesn't wash, SB has to be better than this. A straightforward, coherent and up to date www presence is essential.

When someone needs info on any subject, where's the first place they go? Right, the www.

Sorry but these same excuses have been used for many months, it makes no sense and is quite frankly, insulting. Git 'er done for keeeeerist sakes

My 2 Cruzeiros
Old 09-22-2011

@KBru - I have to ask, is there a hesitance to post it because there is a possibility there won't be a Winter Series? For example, is the prospective schedule more or less a fishing expedition to see how many people are interested?

I'm sorry to inquire, but I've been asked to help shepherd a karter transitioning to cars and we are making career plans based on this now gravel Road to Indy, but out of fairness and respect to everyone making these plans I'd ask for more transparency.

He's about to get funding for the Winter Series, but if we have to go back and explain "Uh, they cancelled it." we are going to look inept and unprepared and he may not get funded for another series.

As the Winter series is only a month or so away, I think it's fair to ask for a concrete commitment that the series will be run.

Thanks,

KO
Old 09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Come on, I have built/maintained many www sites and that is, sorry to say, BS. A more simple web task I can't think of. A text list of tracks and dates for 2012 could be added in minutes, this doesn't wash, SB has to be better than this. A straightforward, coherent and up to date www presence is essential.

When someone needs info on any subject, where's the first place they go? Right, the www.

Sorry but these same excuses have been used for many months, it makes no sense and is quite frankly, insulting. Git 'er done for keeeeerist sakes

My 2 Cruzeiros
If there were a "LIKE" button on TJR, I'd be liking this comment a LOT!
Old 09-23-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

My suggestion would be to speak to the man at the top about your concerns. This quote from Michael is from another thread but think it applies here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Culver View Post
Good Morning:
Happy to disuss your concerns. The posting on July 29 explains where we are coming from.
Give me a call 860 435 4144.
Michael
Quote:
@KBru - I have to ask, is there a hesitance to post it because there is a possibility there won't be a Winter Series? For example, is the prospective schedule more or less a fishing expedition to see how many people are interested?

I'm sorry to inquire, but I've been asked to help shepherd a karter transitioning to cars and we are making career plans based on this now gravel Road to Indy, but out of fairness and respect to everyone making these plans I'd ask for more transparency.

He's about to get funding for the Winter Series, but if we have to go back and explain "Uh, they cancelled it." we are going to look inept and unprepared and he may not get funded for another series.

As the Winter series is only a month or so away, I think it's fair to ask for a concrete commitment that the series will be run.

Thanks,

KO
Old 09-23-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:

Thanks,

KO
Straight up answer. Yes, there will be a winter series. There has never been a question here at SBRS as to whether or not there would be one. The first provisional schedule (that had one TBA date) was put out because so many people were asking for it so they could start to clear their schedules. We had one final track negotiation to do, and once we confirmed that track, we announced the full schedule. There is absolutely no concern about as to whether or not there will be a winter series.

We've had some HUGE changes in IT over the past year. We transitioned to the new website in march, and have seen several changes to our IT team, causing us to start over on many things, a couple times over. We also have urgent matters going on as we switch our sales and marketing team to cloud based computing with Salesforce.com. For example, we have to make sure every account (especially race series) has all the correct info, money on acct, racing history, etc. Not to mention, everyone in the company has been working at a different location for the past several months. It's on the to do list to have the schedule put on the website in an easy to find manner. But right now, the few people that are in our It team are working on somethings that are incredibly urgent. Yup, getting the schedule on the website is definitely important and on the to-do list.

Just another reason why Debbie and I are here. We'll keep you guys informed and make sure we can provide you with all the info you need in the meantime
Old 09-23-2011

@KBru - You have my thanks. Some of my best days of my life as a young man were spent with Skip Barber and I have a great respect for what you are doing in a very difficult economy.

This will put everyone's mind at ease. I thank you for a straight, complete answer and I think we're a virtual lock to be on the grid for the season.

Very Best Regards,

KO

PS- You can tell Michael he doesn't need to call me back. :-)
Old 09-23-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
@KBru - You have my thanks. Some of my best days of my life as a young man were spent with Skip Barber and I have a great respect for what you are doing in a very difficult economy.

This will put everyone's mind at ease. I thank you for a straight, complete answer and I think we're a virtual lock to be on the grid for the season.

Very Best Regards,

KO

PS- You can tell Michael he doesn't need to call me back. :-)
haha You got it!

Last time I checked with Laura (the woman who can get the schedule up on the site), she was pretty swamped, but now that the saleforce.com excitement has died down, I'll see if she can put the winter schedule up on the site. I'll keep you all posted!
Old 10-19-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

As promised, I'm happy to let you all know that the Winter Schedule AND the Winter Rule Book is on skipbarber.com!!

A big part of the delay was getting the rule book through all the right channels and making all of the necessary revisions. But it's all done and you can find it both on our Formula Race Series page as well as the MAZDASPEED Challenge page!

So all you lousahs (channeling Sid) better sign up and come see me and meet Debbie!
Old 10-19-2011
Diesel Demon

Quote:
.......... getting the rule book through all the right channels and making all of the necessary revisions. But it's all done ............
Hmmm, either Santa has come early this year, or, the right channels and necessary revisions were not completed. Case in point, the Lapping, Practice and Race weekend prices are showing the 2010 prices (pre-2011 price increase). The schedule however shows the post-price increase level.

I for one am hoping Santa came early and the prices in the schedule are wrong.

Viz
Old 10-19-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman View Post
Hmmm, either Santa has come early this year, or, the right channels and necessary revisions were not completed. Case in point, the Lapping, Practice and Race weekend prices are showing the 2010 prices (pre-2011 price increase). The schedule however shows the post-price increase level.

I for one am hoping Santa came early and the prices in the schedule are wrong.

Viz
The prices that are listed under the program sessions on the webpage are the correct ones. Until we can fix this, please only use the rule book to look at the rules.
Old 10-19-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Not to worry. all has been fixed.
Old 10-19-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman View Post
...Hmmm, either Santa has come early this year...
as visions of photoshops danced in my head

Bookmark This Thread