Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 03-17-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Puma Future Cat shoes?

Has anyone tried these shoes? I'm thinking of ordering a pair in advance of my 3-day course and would like to get some feedback.

Thanks!

Ken
Old 03-17-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
Re: Puma Future Cat shoes?

One general comment on shoes --- get the smallest pair that your feet can fit into. You want them really snug. I wear size 13, which in metric translates into a 48. Sparco makes great shoes for people with big feet, and I had a company ship me a couple of different sizes to try on. The ones I kept are size 45. (I returned the others and only had to pay for the shipping cost.)
Old 03-17-2009
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

I have 2 pair of these Future Cats and found them to be great. They have good pedal feel and fit well in the footbox of the school cars.
I even bought a pair in a smaller size for driving. I can't walk in them for any length of time but I can drive in them forever.
I also just purchased a pair of Oakley driving shoes. they are not flameproof or anything but they are very comfortable.
Even with all of this high tech foorwear available, they just don't measure up to a good pair of penny loafers though
Old 03-18-2009
Punisher
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Yeah, I have these. They're great. I was worried about the durability of the uppers because they're so soft, but so far (1+ year), no problems. I've driven lots of races in them and worn them to lots of race weekends.
Old 03-18-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Thanks, guys. I'll order them today.

Ken

Bookmark This Thread