Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 11-07-2004
Coaching little league
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Have you ever heard of the Skip Barber Racing School?

So the other day, I get a call from my coverage salesperson at Credit Suisse, saying: "Tom, we're doing this great corporate event, something right up your alley because I know you're a car-guy... have you ever heard of the Skip Barber Racing School?" To which I of course reply, "No, tell me more!"

So I went up last Thursday and checked it out! And I'm hooked!

Seriously, if you've never participated in one of their corporate event, they do a wonderful job. The biggest testament to that is that, despite 45 degree weather and pouring rain, their corporate clients were in the cars, getting soaked and having a blast.

As for my experience, I had a great time as well. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it up there for the morning activities (skidpad, Neons and Vipers), I did get some track-time in the afternoon in the school cars, including lead-follow during the sessions (everyone was lead-follow because of the rain; they had Rick DiIorio and MHP run me around in a group of one) and some hot laps in between. And, yes, I figured out how to shift the school cars! And, no, I didn't total any cars!

I just wanted to thank Rick D, MHP, Stefan and the others involved in the event for a great time and for giving me a little extra latitude to have fun. And Walter Irvine for a nice dinner afterward...

As always, I'm looking forward to some rain races next year!

:tomahawk
Old 11-08-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: Have you ever heard of the Skip Barber Racing School?

Tom, Walter & Co really do an awesome job, don't they? The clinics we've done at LRP the past few years are all corporate days through Walter, and are the ultimate track days.

Let's go rain!
Old 05-23-2006
Mission Possible
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4
Lightbulb Re: Have you ever heard of the Skip Barber Racing School?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk

So I went up last Thursday and checked it out! And I'm hooked!

As always, I'm looking forward to some rain races next year!
Well, now i can see the whole process of "hook, line, & sinker" I cant lie, SBRS does a great job of putting on great events, from any or the schools, to its corp. functions, as is shown. So i guess w/o newbies, SBRS would have no more new business. So now I understand why the racing schools out at LRP took presidence over the Nationals last weekend. [that song]"I can see clearly now"

Bookmark This Thread