Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 09-05-2005
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Thumbs up Thanks to all for a great first weekend

I had the great pleasure of meeting many of you at Mid Ohio this weekend. Thanks to everyone for all of your help and input.

Thanks to Sy for your comments leading up to the weekend and how best to approach the concept of "non-goal attainment."

Thanks to Tom Brown for his attention and enthusiasm as my mentor for the weekend.

Thanks to John Mayes for his help strapping me in with my HANS and arm restraints for the first time on Thursday.

Thanks to Jim Lowe for several pointers throughout the weekend and especial those on how to take turns 1 and 12 after being trapped behind me on the final two laps of G3R1. I finished my first race without incident in P6.

Breakfast conversation with Jim and Dick Lippert on Sunday am netted me a 4 second improvement in G3R2. With changes made based on their input, I posted fastest lap of the race at 1:38.2 while running in P4 before spinning at the exit of the keyhole when my car bottomed out on the exit curbing. After rejoining, I was back in P10 and got stuck there for the final two laps while we finished under caution. Bummer. I was looking for a green, white, checkers finish!

John Mayes again for telling the mechanics that the car he just drove (and I was about to get into) was scary loose and should be parked. After a test run, they agreed and put me in the #4 car that had just won the prior race. I wouldn't have known any better, but John's experience probably saved me from a short ride in a loose car and a likely CDR.

Michelle and I had a great time in G3R1. Those last 4 laps were awesome!

Everyone associated with the weekend was extremely friendly and very helpful. My first weekend exceeded all of my expectations and I now anxiously await the Road America races in a couple of weeks. I even sold my helmet!! See you in Elkhart Lake.

Last edited by Kasey; 09-05-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2005
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Thanks to all for a great first weekend

Big smiles. Sounds like you made the most of your first race weekend Kasey. And you're down to only one helment now! Well done!
Old 09-06-2005
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: Thanks to all for a great first weekend

Kasey:

Nice Job on your first weekend. It was a pleasure to meet you and race with you. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. It has taken me a hell of a lot longer to get to the pt where you are already starting! I trust you will be back for lots more!

Chris Brassard

Bookmark This Thread