Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 11-04-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Matt Varsha Schools 'em Again

Matt put on another clinic again (thanks for the choice words, Dom!) at Barber Park in both of last weekend races. He also set a new track record at 1:39.385. 'Way to Go', Matt! His awesome pace is even more impressive (and sweet) when you consider the road accident that recently preceded it. I can't wait to see what he does in the Nationals next time around, which I hope he does.

John Pew and John Greist gave it a great shot, and it looks like Laura Rowe drove really well, too, but none could match Varsha's speed. And I'd like to give Dom another mention, who picked up FOUR SECONDS a lap over his times in June. Dom's now thinking 'Goodbye Goldstein....!' Dom also made the mistake of telling me that he spun 19 times getting to that awesome new speed. So this weekend's Danny Terrio award (CDH was the previous holder) goes to him. Nice!

Last edited by sydude; 11-04-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-04-2004
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Re: Matt Varsha Schools 'em Again

Matt drove great. I was having a great race with him in the first race until I spun in 14. I kept it on the track and kept going but could never catch him again. It was great to see him in the saddle again. I'l get you at Moroso, Matt...
Old 11-05-2004
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Yes, I am a spinner.
Going to confession and saying my Hail Mary's does not seem to help. I have been told [in no uncertain terms] to forget about divine intervention and forgiveness, and start applying the sbrs principles. I'll try that new concept at Laguna.

John indeed had a great week-end. I wasn't the best of observers since I was typically half a track length behind. John also shattered the old track record going into the high 1.39's in both qualifying and race 1--not bad considering he did not attend any of the practice sessions.

Dom.
Old 11-05-2004
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Dom was a dervish and several newbys were impressed. Among others with big improvements were Susan Addison who took 7 seconds off her time through the weekend and Michelle Marden who chopped 13 seconds!

Matt was gone on Saturday, still in site on Sunday - stroking? I was right on John until my ignition went south late in the race, but it was sure fun, fun, fun while it lasted. Great facility, smoothest surface I remember and the museum was a final fillup. Hope to go back.

John
Old 11-07-2004
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Thanks for all the nice words; it was a very good weekend for me. John was hounding me before his little spin. I hope that more people consider coming out to these southern series races. There are some great tracks on the shedule and great competition. There would be more if more people came and drove with us. One of the races that looks like would be a good one to come try is Road Atlanta the east meets west showdown. I hope to see some of you guys in Summit this weekend,
Matt

P.S. come get me john, see YOU at Moroso

Bookmark This Thread