Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Talking Watkins Glen Race Weekend - WOW!

What an awesome, awesome weekend! And I was only there for less than a third of it. Imagine how much fun everyone else had who arrived on Wednesday. There was perfect weather, an incredible racetrack, a seemingly endless supply of beautiful cars (especially the new blue ones..) and big groups of drivers that had a blast hanging out and racing with each other (cleanly). Skip Barber, thank you for a job very well done. The preparation was great, the staff was on fine form and smiles were the only things I saw, even though we Bozos destroyed more than a few of your cars. Personally, a HUGE "Thank You" to the instructors, and especially Bobo, for getting me up to speed in about ten minutes to race on a track I'd never seen before.

Overall, the Watkins Glen race weekend was a perfect demonstration all around of why and how Skippy is the best show in town.

Some highlights & congratulations, in no specific order:

- David Kaemmer - Winner of Champ Group Race 1. The guy shows up after not having raced for 9 years and kills us all.

- Deyne Bentt - Won Champ Group Race 2 after falling all the way to the back of the field at the start (well, not all the way - I was behind him). About time, too, tough guy. Just don't do it again. It's my turn.

- David Casey - Awesome 3rd Place in Champ Group

- Matt Franc & Peter Ludwig - In the most meaningful sense they both won everything they raced this weekend (even though they crashed into each other, into walls and technically ended DFL in every race!) They truly brought the energy into this weekend.

- Michael Auriemma - Great 2nd place

- Chris Wilcox - Clinched the Master's National Championship with ANOTHER two wins . Maybe the Master's guys should kick Chris out of their group, just like what the Sportsmen are going to do to Juan Valdez Goldstein.

And last, but not least -

- Me! - I didn't crash or spin - and everyone was just waiting for it to happen. HAH!

Last edited by sydude; 09-28-2004 at 12:23 AM.

Bookmark This Thread