Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Old 08-16-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

WARNING.... Somebody stop this man

From building more 2.5-5 mile kart tracks. Alan Wilson is by and large the worst track designer, yet the most successful in the US. Somebody stomp his hands so he can't draw any more 3rd gear non passing tracks. I heard about a new track in New Orleans today. I got excited, as I love racing! I went here http://www.nolamotor.com/ to learn about this abomination of a track. Sorry for the rant... I can save you a lot of money if you want to drive there. Next time you take to any track......... Just go out and do a lap of hard core tire warming.... You just drove any Alan Wilson track.
Old 08-16-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: WARNING.... Somebody stop this man

I dunno Duke, they got those Bullrun Flag Girls & Bullrun Honeybees, the place must have some merit...

LOL - I this the same guy that did all of those old Malibu Grand Prix kart tracks in the 1980's???

Last edited by Rosso; 08-16-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2011
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Here's some behind the scenes layouts of the tracks. Alan openly claims that this track is a radical departure from prior tight, technical designs.

Minimum width is 40ft, grows to 50ft in a few spots to make for some very difficult to defend corners. Straight run in full is 5,100ft.

Can't wait to drive it... paving equipment begins arriving this weekend.

Wes
Attached Files
File Type: pdf June 8 Full Layout Dimensions ALL.pdf (121.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-19-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

Birmingham is really wide, and hard to pass. Width isn't what makes racing. High speed, and brake zones... Balls, which Alan clearly doesn't have... He's not a racer... Doesn't know racers needs!
Old 08-19-2011
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Going to be fun, like you say width doesn't make for passing but high speed and braking zones do, see attached map above.

After a good day at the track you can be on Bourbon St. in 20 minutes.

See y'all on the track!

Wes
Old 08-20-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

Them again.... As tracks get squashed by zoning... It's great to see new ones born!

Tags
karting

Bookmark This Thread