Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 10-21-2005
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Eastern Series Finale at “LRP”, now known as “Lake Rain Park”

Eastern Series Finale at “LRP”, now known as “Lake Rain Park”.

Over eight inches of rain fell on the Eastern Series finale weekend at what is now formerly known as Lime Rock Park. Lakes of rainwater formed at almost every corner both in and outside of the track and rivers flowed on the track. The weekend was one to remember for the record books.

The rain did not dampen the spirits of the racers, staff nor spectators. The Skip Barber instructional, support and mechanical staff worked tirelessly to make sure the Eastern Series Finale went off without a hitch. We thank you all for working to make this weekend a resounding success. The cars ran flawlessly, the instruction was top flight, and the weekend ran like clockwork. All of this was possible by all of the hard work and coordination of the Skip Barber Team. The Skip Barber Team never ceases to amaze us with how well they carry our events off regardless of the weather or challenges that face them.

The racing was awesome. The added challenge of the elements made for great racing across divisions. Some of us broke through to new levels, some treaded water, while others dove from their car into the newly formed lakes for comic relief. To miss this weekend was to miss one for the record books.

When I think of how pumped we all were to be in the elements through practice, qualifying, and racing over this past weekend for our Eastern Series finale, I realize that the experience you have all given us is priceless. While most people were huddled in their offices or homes we were all outside all weekend, in the sometimes driving and unforgiving rain, having the time of our lives. I get chills just thinking about the fun and friendship that we all shared.

I have played and competed in many other athletic and business venues and have never experienced the level of caring, friendship and support that the Skip Barber Series has given to all of us. Yes we compete and drive to be better and yes we do want to be on top from time to time. The Skip Barber difference is the genuine caring and support that the staff gives us and in that we give to each other. We relish in each other’s success and we support each other in failure and in learning to be better.

Aaron, George, Divi, and Todd please send our thanks and gratitude to each and every Skip Barber Team member. You all are the best. And thank you to all of my racing buddies and families for your friendship, support and good times. You all are what keeps me coming back for more.

Chris Brassard
Old 10-22-2005
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Eastern Series Finale at “LRP”, now known as “Lake Rain Park”

Yep, I 2nd everything Chris says.

However… I can’t help but wonder if this overwhelming sense of happiness and wellbeing actually comes from a source akin to that discovered by Ron Howard back in 1985. Those old enough to recall Ron's early directorial work "Cocoon" will remember an indoor swimming pool with pod's on its bottom that are nurtured through gestation by their other worldly owners in human skin, who peel off that skin occassionally, and frolic their ethereal white light spirits in the pool to enrich the water for the pods. Some mere mortal senior citizens portrayed by Hume Cronin, Don Amiche and Wilford Brimley happen upon the unattended pool and experience it as a fountain of youth, restoring vibrancy and a sense of well being they’ve only dreamed of.

When discovered by the pod owners it is explained that the pods will soon be leaving on a mother ship to a more suitable planet but the seniors can come along and enjoy eternal youth if they wish.

Wilford Brimley explains to his grandson in confidence that he and his grandmother will soon be leaving forever. When the boy doesn't understand he says. “Where your Grandma and I are going we’ll never get sick, we won’t get any older, and we won’t ever die…”

That about sums up how most of us feel at some point during a race weekend and, especially when the logistics of a race weekend are handled with the aplomb this one was, why we can’t wait to do it again…

We’ve been assuming that those coolers of bottled water in the pits are actually filled with spring water but I think we might have to check the source a bit more closely.

Last edited by dalyduo; 10-22-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2005
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Re: Eastern Series Finale at “LRP”, now known as “Lake Rain Park”

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo
Those old enough to recall Ron's early directorial work "Cocoon" will remember an indoor swimming pool .......
Damn Pat, it wasn't that long ago was it???? I can't remember for some reason

You know I can't let an opportunity like this go by. My sincere apologies to the Masters podium....
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	cocoon.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	857  
Old 10-23-2005
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
More on “Lake Rain Park”

LRP offers a variety of activities...........
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	lakelrp.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	862  

Last edited by cdh; 10-23-2005 at 11:09 PM.

Bookmark This Thread