Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Classifieds: Racing Gear, Cars & General Items for Sale

Old 06-20-2014
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Tire Temperature System

I have this extra TTS kit laying around if anyone is interested. It's brand new, never installed it (sold car before I got around to it). It's to know when your tires are up to operating temp.

Here are the features of the kit:
  • Four IR sensors
  • Narrow 10deg sensor field of view for sampling tire sections
  • Large 1 1/12 by 2 1/2 inch display
  • Weather resistant; sensors can get wet without being ruined.
  • Removable lens cap if they need cleaning or replacement
  • Extra protective lenses
  • Does both fahrenheit and celsius
  • You can adjust the emissivity of each sensor (different materials reflect light at differing rates)
  • Quality harnesses
  • DC supply is designed for difficult automotive environments with large current dumps and voltage spikes

The installation is straight forward. You drill a small hole in the wheel arch for the sensor to poke through. Top center is best to account for changes in tire angle.

Four harnesses are included.

I'm aware 3 sensors per tire would be needed per corner to monitor camber load. But that's another kit--one with no display and CAN support for data-logging--and not this one, which is aimed at being sub $1k.

Cost is $875 for the complete kit. If anyone is interested just send me a PM or email me at mikes at ntisys.com

Bookmark This Thread