Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 07-05-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
ALMS at Lime Rock

Anyone else going to be watching the ALMS cars at Lime Rock this weekend? I will likely be in my usual outpost on the hill overlooking Turn 3, but might opt for the hill across (and at the end of) the main straight on Saturday for the races.
Old 07-05-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: ALMS at Lime Rock

Ohh look shiny cars! I'll be there wandering around taking it all in, in my usual random pattern
Old 07-06-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
Anyone else going to be watching the ALMS cars at Lime Rock this weekend? I will likely be in my usual outpost on the hill overlooking Turn 3, but might opt for the hill across (and at the end of) the main straight on Saturday for the races.
Our 2nd biennial = triennial?? - meeting will have to be deferred as I'm playing with CTS-Vs this weekend. Have fun. Keep Pat from getting too close to the guard rail.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 07-06-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

I'll be there!
Old 07-06-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
Our 2nd biennial = triennial??
Quadrennial...? Or is that only on Carburetion Day?
Old 07-09-2011
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

A picture perfect Saturday at Lime Rock. The weather could not have been nicer. Lots of people saying the crowds were the biggest they've seen since the GTP days. I have no idea, but the place was packed.

Great support races, and a fun ALMS race. Some of the best moments came when the cars would manage to get into packs of 20 or so, all mixed up by class, passing anywhere they could. Fun to watch. The guys I worked with at Performance Tech (ALMS LMPC #18) did a nice job. Great to see the see-saw battle between the Dyson #16 and the Aston Martin LMP1 coupe. The GT race was awesome as usual, but the BMW M3 was dominant.

Great to see all the friends from Skippy World. Got to see Pat and Julia Daly several times, as well as Carl Lopez, Bruce MacInnis, Bob Green, Dr. Jim Norman, and several others. Fun to see so many in our extended family there!

Got to speak with Mr. Skip Barber as well. He was pretty jazzed about the good weather, as you might expect for any track owner.

Before I left, I stopped by the Dyson trailer while they were packing up. A couple of our former Skippy mechanics who've been there forever told me the chassis I raced with B-K Motorsports in 2008 was the race winning car today. You know, that's pretty cool. Every time I see those cars go round I have nothing but fond memories. Can't wait to try it again.

Cheers.

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 07-10-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Thumbs up Re: ALMS at Lime Rock

We should also give a big congrats to Spencer for his P2 finish! After a disappointing qualifying, his car led most of the race, only to be passed by his teammate on the last lap. Wish I'd been there in person to see it. Too bad ESPN2 didn't decide to cover any of the podium ceremonies...

Bookmark This Thread