Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 10-15-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Thank you for a great Eastern Series!

Having just come home from our Eastern Series finale we would be remiss if we did not thank all of our friends at SBRS for putting on such a great Finale weekend. THANK YOU all!

The racing was excellent, the equipment worked well, little crash damage on our part, the schedule was not so jammed packed with two series that we were actually able to take a more relaxed pace between sessions and have some fun with memorials on both days, and the Year End Banquet was a nice ending to a great season.

For fear of not naming someone in error, let's keep it simple by saying everyone at SBRS should be proud of this year. Thank you all!

I would also like to thank CDH for his hard work in puting the year end video together. In his usual way he touched our hearts and made us laugh with the video he worked so very hard on. Thanks Doug!

Again thank you so very much for the team effort in providing us all with such a great racing expereince.

Last edited by LimeRockRacer; 10-15-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Thank you for a great Easern Series!

Well said Chris... So much to be thankful for. One of the best race weekends in recent memory. Hats off to all at SBRS and Doug.

PS. Will remember the spectacular autumn color, Billy Bob Ziegel's 7:15a track walk with ice on the fiberglass, the great racing and all the wonderful people that made it special.

Great sidebar to have Skip Barber (the man who started it all) David E. Davis Jr. (publishing legend) and his son there doing a photo shoot with a 4 million dollar drop dead gorgeous one-off Ferrari P4/5. Maria Jannace the new chief marketing officer of LRP and her musician husband David Spinozza were also in attendance. Here's a link to Doug's thread about the Ferrari. Ferrari P4/5 one-off

The visuals were spectacular but the people we played with all weekend on and off track were even better.

Last edited by dalyduo; 10-16-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-17-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Pat:

Was anyone else at LRP that had a great time?

Old 10-17-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Chris and Pat have said it well. As the season concludes we have many happy memories (and some less happy ones too....). There are so many people that work so hard to organize these race weekends and to all of them "Thank you". We often focus on the mechanics - and rightfuly so - but we must also not forget the unwaivering support and advice from the excellent group of instructors and pit lane coordinators. How they keep a smile on their face while saying "less brake and more gas" as if it is the first time they said it is beyond me - they are amazing - thanks to all.
Great final weekend.
Thanks SBRS
Old 10-17-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

I had a GREAT time Chris. I now know I made the right decision choosing Skip Barber to start racing. I am not fussy I only want to be with the best. The instructors knowledge of this craft for us to tap into is unbelievable and you know they love sharing it not just punching in on the clock.
As you mentioned the rest of the staff and all they do to keep the operation going. Awards ceremony, the web site updates after each weekend, time sheets coming right out, snacks etc. Nothing is ever missed.
My wife has said to me a couple times how well they oganize these events and how professional friendly and helpful everyone is. And thats what they are, major events.

Thanks to all,
Tom
Old 10-18-2006
GrandMasterB
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 57
Smile Re: Thank you for a great Eastern Series!

Just wanted to thank Nick Nick for allowing me to take the Cobra around LRP on Saturday. I wasn't trying to set any speed records but rather get a picture or two of our toy on the track.

After dropping Noreen off in West Bend with the ol 35mm, I picked-up Nick Nick and we were off. Unfortunately there was also a silver Porsche on the track around the same time and I guess I don't have to tell you how the pictures came out!

There is an old saying , "If you've seen one , you've seen them all". I guess it even applies to cars. Of course my favorite punch line to the saying is "Yes, but this one's eating my popcorn!".

OLDMAN

Bookmark This Thread