Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 09-16-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
How Driving Style Affects Car Performance

Interesting article about how small differences in driving style add up to a change in the order at Brawn:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/8254706.stm

Made me think about how my driving style might affect tire temp and handling of a Skippy car under different conditions, ie a very hot day at RA vs a cool one at Lime Rock
Old 09-16-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Western Re: How Driving Style Affects Car Performance

I agree that is a very very interesting article.... and provides a lot of food for thought
Old 09-21-2009
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Re: How Driving Style Affects Car Performance

I'd be interested to know how much driver input in the R/T would actually affect tire temps, thus handling. I guess my mindset has been that the street radials are pretty consistent over a wide temperature range. I've read enough to know the difference between slip angle vs. grip comparing these tires to slicks but not much on this point.
Old 09-21-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: How Driving Style Affects Car Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffDogRacer View Post
I'd be interested to know how much driver input in the R/T would actually affect tire temps, thus handling.
Once the tread blocks get worn down after a couple of days, I noticed at RA that all that high speed running on a hot day would make them pretty greasy toward the end of the session if you pushed slip angle esp from Carousel to the front straight. I think that's what caught me out in Billy Mitchell the last weekend-- I was having too much damn fun sliding around, was jerking the car around, prob not being as fully focused as I should have been given that I was jerking the car around, and I overdrove the tires through there. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Tags
cold , driving style , fomula 1 , hot , tire temperature

Bookmark This Thread