Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 11-08-2013
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Road Atlanta Reccomendations

Hi all,

Did a 3 day and 2 day about 3 years ago. Since then did track days and scca racing in my spec miata. I am doing the Mx5 2 day at Road Atlanta in December. I have always wanted to drive Road Atlanta and a 2 day I figured was a good way to learn the track quickly before the work schedule got crazy. I have a couple of questions.

Realistically would I be able to make an 8pm flight after the school ends on Sunday?

Best place to stay that is relatively close to the track(20 min drive)?

And of course any reccomendations for places to eat that can not be replicated up here in the notheast.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Lance
Old 11-11-2013
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Road Atlanta Reccomendations

While the traffic is always a crap shoot going to the airport from Road Atlanta 8pm should be no problem. Let them know you've got a flight to catch so they can put you in the first run group if you need to dash at the end of the day.

The Hampton Inn is within range, reasonably priced and where instructors and other racers often stay.

Hampton Inn & Suites
4660 Holland Dam Rd.
Flowery Branch, GA 30542
770-965-0357

I've not had enough time down there to know the food geography but I'm sure others will help, if not here, when you're there.

Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancebe View Post
Hi all,

Did a 3 day and 2 day about 3 years ago. Since then did track days and scca racing in my spec miata. I am doing the Mx5 2 day at Road Atlanta in December. I have always wanted to drive Road Atlanta and a 2 day I figured was a good way to learn the track quickly before the work schedule got crazy. I have a couple of questions.

Realistically would I be able to make an 8pm flight after the school ends on Sunday?

Best place to stay that is relatively close to the track(20 min drive)?

And of course any reccomendations for places to eat that can not be replicated up here in the notheast.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Lance

Bookmark This Thread