Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 03-16-2014
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

SCDA Track Days

Hello, everyone!
I was thinking of registering for one of these SCDA track days, either at LRP or at Watkins. I was just curious about possible feedbacks you guys might have on these events? They seem affordable, but how is seat time? On track traffic? "All level" crowded track days do tend to scare me a bit, eventhough I've survived touristfahrten at the ring very well up until now...
Are cars put into speed/skill level categories, or is it more of a free for all?
http://www.scda1.com/home
Old 03-17-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: SCDA Track Days

Hi Flavien,
The SCDA has been run by Bill and Ian Prout for years. I've never driven one of their track days but suspect it is fairly well organized from a safety standpoint. When the Lime Rock Club was first organized Ian provided his spec Miatas for club use. I'd call them and ask them how the day is organized and what is required. You'll get a straight answer.
Pat
Old 06-27-2014
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

This is a funny thing.
Last weekend I was at LRP for the SCCA club race weekend. I was surprised at the speed of a Honda Prelude in the IT class. He was Smokin fast. Visibly faster than the other IT cars on track.

In My Group I kinda had blinders because of the pitched battle I was having with a Nissan GTL car. He had mechanical difficulties toward the end and I looked in the mirror and saw a car I thought was a Lapped vehicle a ways behind. I was also coming upon a group of slower cars that were having their own battle and since I was on the final lap..... I thought I would give them another lap to battle it out and follow them around instead of passing.
As I turned out of the Lefthander, I was given a mirror full of Honda Prelude! I had to use the lap traffic to keep him at bay until I could ramp up more speed. Going into West Bend I had 3 cars on the outside as I took the inside route through the corner. The Honda was Right on My tail !!! So I slowed a little and downshifted into 3rd gear and accelerated hard. I was hoping the Honda stayed in 4th and was off the powerband. I did stay ahead of him till the end but Damn that Prelude was fast.

In impound I met the Honda Driver..... Ian Prout. He drove the wheels off that car and then he posted it on you tube under ....... SCDA1.com Civic Si Limerock Park

Man he's fast in that car
Old 06-28-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
This is a funny thing.
Last weekend I was at LRP for the SCCA club race weekend. I was surprised at the speed of a Honda Prelude in the IT class. He was Smokin fast. Visibly faster than the other IT cars on track.

In My Group I kinda had blinders because of the pitched battle I was having with a Nissan GTL car. He had mechanical difficulties toward the end and I looked in the mirror and saw a car I thought was a Lapped vehicle a ways behind. I was also coming upon a group of slower cars that were having their own battle and since I was on the final lap..... I thought I would give them another lap to battle it out and follow them around instead of passing.
As I turned out of the Lefthander, I was given a mirror full of Honda Prelude! I had to use the lap traffic to keep him at bay until I could ramp up more speed. Going into West Bend I had 3 cars on the outside as I took the inside route through the corner. The Honda was Right on My tail !!! So I slowed a little and downshifted into 3rd gear and accelerated hard. I was hoping the Honda stayed in 4th and was off the powerband. I did stay ahead of him till the end but Damn that Prelude was fast.

In impound I met the Honda Driver..... Ian Prout. He drove the wheels off that car and then he posted it on you tube under ....... SCDA1.com Civic Si Limerock Park

Man he's fast in that car
Yeah... But not as fast as you!

The nice part about his video is that it must feature you at the end of the race. :-)

Bookmark This Thread