Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 08-28-2014
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 10
Embroidery files to share

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anybody out there in Skippyland has an embroidery file collection. Specifically, I'm looking for logos for Skip Barber Racing School, Racing for Kids, and Hawk Performance. I'm not sure of all the possible formats that will work, but .emb or .dst files will apparently do the trick.

I can have the embroiderers digitize them but it's pricey, and I thought if somebody had them already we could share. I have logos for Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR), BRM Chronographes, and ArmsUp Motorsports if anybody needs them.

Thanks!

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis." ~ Carroll Smith
Old 09-02-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Embroidery files to share

Hi Peter,

I've no embroidery files nor do I know anyone who has used them. Wish we could help you out, and maybe someone else will pipe up, but I've got nothing for you.

Pat
Old 09-02-2014
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Peter, you might try Paul Subject. I know he had a suit made several years ago and had the Skippy patch among others embroidered. He might either have files or point you to the folks who did his suit.

Gary
Old 09-03-2014
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 10

Thanks guys. I figured somebody would have at least some of these files. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Just a spitball, and I don't know what the interest level would be, but it might make economic (and fashion) sense to add a category under links and downloads for an embroidery library of logos. If you want a new suit, you decide which logos you want on it, then check the suit manufacturer to see if they have those particular logos on file. If you need one that they don't have, you can check the teamjuicyracing.com library. If it's not here, then you just pay to get only that particular logo or logos digitized. The "give back to the forum" happens when you upload it to the site and expand the library's collection.

When you get your suit back, it's embroidered only on the outermost layer. You have maximum fire protection, you saved some cash, helped out other skippyforum lads, AND you look mahvelous. The forum is a wonderful place.

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis." ~ Carroll Smith
Old 09-04-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

All good and valuable suggestions Pete. We've fallen behind here on site maintenance but all you say makes sense.

Just love that raised front wheel on your avatar.

Bookmark This Thread