Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 02-22-2005
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Talking Sebring, Sebring, Sebring... Best weekend ever?

This weekend, 75 racers from the Southern, Western, Master's Nationals and Eastern Series descended upon the town of Sebring FL and created the biggest Skippy weekend in 3+ years. In return, Sebring brought us all the most glorious weather and Skip Barber delivered the best racing experience anywhere.

Todd, Steve and all of the Skippy guys did an amazing job handling so many groups and so many races, especially considering how many cars we wrecked (ahem..). Thank you for everything you guys do. It was also great to see so many new racers there, and to see how much fun they had. I think Skippy just found itself a whole bunch of newly addicted customers.

And for me, personally, this was an incredibly enjoyable and gratifying weekend. I had the most ridiculously fun lapping sessions ever (thank you to Matt F. and Peter), I laughed my ass off all weekend to the comedic genius of Matt V., we survived (barely!) the culinary disaster of Zeno's, I had 3 great races, and best of all, I got to do all of these with so many great friends.

Can't wait to do it again. Thank you Skippy.

S

Last edited by sydude; 02-22-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2005
Taxi Cab Left Turn Only
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Sebring, Sebring, Sebring... Best weekend ever?

Thanks for the Synopsis SY! I'll be looking for those pictures and videos so those of us who couldn't go can share in the fun
Old 02-22-2005
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Sy:
A great week-end indeed. Most impressive to me was: [1] SBRS ability to handle so many racers almost flawlessly on a track that is obviously murder on the cars [extra kudos to Ryan’s boys]; [2] The very high number of high caliber drivers [that makes the whole event more exciting and worthwhile]. By the way, I have a video that proves one can be 3 second a lap slower and still lead a race [just long enough to take a deep breath]. How do I post to the site? Dom.
Old 02-22-2005
Hey ya'll, watch this
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6

Sebring was an absloute BLAST! I struggled on what I consider my "home" track, but it was a learning experience for me, and the Memorial made up for my tough race weekend. That was my first memorial race and it was so much fun, who knows why I waited until now to run one. Who's coming back down for the 12 hours? I'll be back at Sebring this weekend doing an SCCA event in a Spec Racer Ford... can't get enough. Heh.
Old 02-22-2005
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

It was a great weekend - hats off to all the Skippy guys - especially the mechanics!!!

However given my performance I was thinking about switching sports and joining the 24-hour bike crew (for those not at Sebring there was a 24-hour bike ride there that started and finished at the track at 6.30 am!!) - but on the other hand I will probably suck at that as well - so see you in Daytona!!
Old 02-23-2005
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

I never thought I’d get bounced around so much in a race car – the charm of Sebring. Indeed, until recently I never imagined that such an experience existed. And now I’m compelled to find my way back to Sebring to race again. I can’t wait, but I said the same thing about Laguna. Is this a trend? I hope… yes!

I learned a lot about racing this weekend, including that starting from the back at Skippy can be a good thing, “Why are all the other cars going so slow?” Held P3 for about 45 seconds as podium dreams entered and existed my mind faster than my spinning car in 17. I should have known better. Next time. Next time. Next time. Really, next time!

Thanks to Sy for advice that shaved seconds off my lap times. Well worth the beers that I owe you!
Old 02-23-2005
MemberExudingImagination.
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Hi Guys,
I had a great weekend - my first time in a Skippy Car in two years. Thanks for the warm reception. Dom and John, my two mentors, did a spectacular job of making sure that I missed very little (except for the apex at T3).

See you again soon...

Steven Piantieri
P. S. Zenos sucks.

Bookmark This Thread