Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 12-20-2006
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19
Rolex 24 at Daytona contest

Just a reminder,
Our Grand Am team is giving away one free trip to the Rolex 24 at Daytona in January. The winner will get airfare, hotel, pitpass, hospitality, and assorted goodies all included for free. All you have to do is register on our website at www.jlowe-racing.com. Go to the fan zone area, and click on contest entry.
We're accepting entries up until January 1st; we'll announce the winner January 2nd.
Here's hoping that one of the TJR crew joins for all the fun!
Old 12-21-2006
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2
Re: Rolex 24 at Daytona contest

Jim, the site won't allow me to enter the contest. It gives me this error when I press submit:

Insert error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '2006-12-21' )' at line 30
Old 12-21-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arig
Jim, the site won't allow me to enter the contest. It gives me this error when I press submit:

Insert error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '2006-12-21' )' at line 30
Ari,

Worked for me just now.

Mike
Old 12-21-2006

Mike,

It only worked for me when I clicked on "add to mailing list", I tried it without clicking on add to list and the same error popped up. I guess they want everyone to subscribe to mailing list.

By the way, Rosso, uh which Mike are you? I'm sorry, I just don't know how to ask without sounding rude.
Old 12-21-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arig
Mike,

It only worked for me when I clicked on "add to mailing list", I tried it without clicking on add to list and the same error popped up. I guess they want everyone to subscribe to mailing list.

By the way, Rosso, uh which Mike are you? I'm sorry, I just don't know how to ask without sounding rude.
Ah, I had accepted the "add to mailing list" default, so it worked for me.

I am the slow "Mike", Spoelker. Usually you can click on the TJR Username next to the avatar then select "view public profile" to at least figure out a first name, which is how I knew to address you as Ari. "ROSSO" is the registration for my Ducati which, you may surmise, is very red.
Old 12-21-2006
OTB

Ari,

I believe you have discovered the secret - I think you do need to register for the email list to get into the contest. Hopefully that's not too big a deal for anyone (I think you're already on it, actually - if you've been getting my Jr-High syntax blogs, then you're there already).

If you win, do we need to send the John Madden I-hate-to-fly bus for you to get to Daytona?
Old 12-21-2006
OTB

BTW, the list will absolutely NOT be sold or disaclosed to anyone or any entity that may result in you being spammed. We use it for sponsor purposes (demonstrating loyal following, website views, etc.) and in order to have someone to send my therapeutic blog entries to. Additionally, NONE of your personal information entered will be shared with any group or company that may spread it or use it for marketing purposes - also a pet peeve of mine.

Just trying to spread the fun we're having in the GA around. Hope you guys continue to enjoy it with us.
Old 12-22-2006

Jim, I didn't click it because I thought I may get emails twice. Plus, I'm used to declicking the mailing list. If I win, I'll find a way to fly. Thanks for this opportunity.
Old 12-23-2006

I'm surprised nobody has tried to give Ari sh_t about his recent PC acquisition trauma...waiting for someone to say "hey, if you bought a Mac, you wouldn't have syntax errors"

Anyone know just how many TJR and Skippy folks are racing at Daytona this year? Seems like a lot based on my last race at Laguna Seca.....

Would be interesting to do a pool like Sy, et al do for F1 races, if we only knew how many folks are driving....I know a friend of mine just "bought a seat" with a GT team (GT3 Cup car) - he's good, probably better than me....just wondering how he'll do on the banking at 3am when Jeff Gordon goes by in a DP car at an 80mph differential.

Might be fodder for a new thread - "are YOU ready for Daytona?"
Old 01-02-2007

I don't know how many Skippy guys are participating in the Rolex overall, although Rosso usually has a pretty comprehensive tally on the Skippy site by the race. If you want, you can include practically everyone - even Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya are Skippy guys

I do know that each of the 5 cars that TRG is fielding has at least one Skippy driver in it. Brent Milner, John Peterson, Michael Gomez and Murray Marden, "the Muffin Top Racers" will be in TRG's #65. Another all Skippy car, Michael Auriemma, John Mayes, Chris Wilcox and David Kaemmer are running in a Nonnamaker car.

Plus, with guys like Peter Argetsinger and Jim Pace lending their expertise, how can the Skippy guys NOT be ready for Daytona ? 3 a.m. and 80 mph differential notwithstanding, it's all about crossing the checker 24 hours after the green, so shift slowly and cleanly and don't pass in the brake zone.

Bookmark This Thread