Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 07-27-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Talking Tremblant ADV 2 day Review

Sitting here at Le Sommett finally with my Internet access. Having completed the ADV 2 day at Tremblant Mon/Tues, I wanted to share some thoughts with all.
-First the track, such a cut above Lime Rock. Much more scenic and in better shape.
-RT2000 is a step above the 3 day cars. The Sequential 5 speed took me about 10 minutes to fall in love with. Car feels much more stable than the 3 day car.
-All the instructors were top notch. Jim Pace, MHP, Murph et all gave excellent feedback.
-Much more seat time than I had expected. Passing drills and starting drills followed by lots of lapping time.
-Mechanics and pit guys were great. I had a seat poured for me (what a difference!), and the guys took care of it before seat time on day 2. Glad I was able to contribute to the mechanics fund.
-Good to watch some of the experienced guys in group 1 fight it out.
-Thanks for all the advice on HANS. Had it on the first time in the car and did not give it a second thought. Never felt restricted at all.
-Looking forward to my first race in OCT. I will be in the back of the back, and closing fast.
Old 07-27-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Tremblant ADV 2 day Review

Thanks for reporting your good experience.

Will you be hanging around to watch any of the Tremblant event this Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
Old 08-02-2006
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Great, I am glad you enjoyed it. I love driving with you guys out there, but you don't get to spend time speaking and bonding outside the car as much. If you just feel like it, email Speed@skipbarber.com and tell them. We instructors appreciate you guys coming ! Thanks, Keith
Old 08-02-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Tim

I am the guy who sent you here from Rennlist. Good job on finishing the 2 day. Look forward to meeting you in Oct at LRP. Two words West Bend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe
Sitting here at Le Sommett finally with my Internet access. Having completed the ADV 2 day at Tremblant Mon/Tues, I wanted to share some thoughts with all.
-First the track, such a cut above Lime Rock. Much more scenic and in better shape.
-RT2000 is a step above the 3 day cars. The Sequential 5 speed took me about 10 minutes to fall in love with. Car feels much more stable than the 3 day car.
-All the instructors were top notch. Jim Pace, MHP, Murph et all gave excellent feedback.
-Much more seat time than I had expected. Passing drills and starting drills followed by lots of lapping time.
-Mechanics and pit guys were great. I had a seat poured for me (what a difference!), and the guys took care of it before seat time on day 2. Glad I was able to contribute to the mechanics fund.
-Good to watch some of the experienced guys in group 1 fight it out.
-Thanks for all the advice on HANS. Had it on the first time in the car and did not give it a second thought. Never felt restricted at all.
-Looking forward to my first race in OCT. I will be in the back of the back, and closing fast.

Bookmark This Thread