Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 06-13-2007
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Russell new cars?

Not sure how many people are following the goings on at Russell these days but I wonder how it could affect the Barber program at Laguna Seca?

It was annonced that the school had been sold and that major ownership changes are in store including all new Formula 3 like carbon fibre chassis for the the series are on order. While it sounds great, the lack of information has lead to speculation from the drivers on how that will affect the future of the school relating to the cost and damage deductables. With all the major components(tub and wings) made of carbon fibre and the chassis having to be shipped back to London for repairs, the speculation is warranted.

With so many people uneasy about it, I wonder if there may be a lot more of the Russell regulars looking to Barber to fulfill the need for a cost effective replacement to the Russell series in Northern CA.

I am not trying to stir the pot, but just wonder how or if it will impact the Skippy schedule. It makes me wonder as I was thinking about a couple of races at each program.

Nick
Old 06-13-2007
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Re: Russell new cars?

It will be interesting to see if there are many defections to SB. The potential increase in costs with a new, modern race car was a topic hotly debated here in an earlier thread.

Nick, reading your profile - Current Cars Owned - had me drooling, nice stable there bub.

Any pics of the cars you can show us?

Thanks for posting and good luck with the racing.
Old 06-13-2007
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

I hate hear say, but an individual involved in that program thinks their target price for a 3 day racing school will be around $6,995
Old 06-13-2007
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
It will be interesting to see if there are many defections to SB. The potential increase in costs with a new, modern race car was a topic hotly debated here in an earlier thread.

Nick, reading your profile - Current Cars Owned - had me drooling, nice stable there bub.

Any pics of the cars you can show us?

Thanks for posting and good luck with the racing.
I did not see the earlier post. It would be a shame if either program decided to go this way and leave a loyal customer base behind. I am not saying that this is happening, just that I hope it doesn't.

I can't upload pictures for some reason. Here are the links to some of my cars, thanks for asking.

Nick
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3.../CSRGLOTUS.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...044_9229-1.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...amBric17-1.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...1/March73A.jpg
Old 06-13-2007
administrationistperson

Photo Re: Russell new cars?

Those cars are beautiful!!! So as not to hijack this thread any more than I have already, I uploaded
the pics to the pictures page

Thanks NGS
Old 06-13-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92
I hate hear say, but an individual involved in that program thinks their target price for a 3 day racing school will be around $6,995
My understanding was that the primary goals (among others, of course) of the new Skippy car program was to improve Skippy processes by getting Skip out of the car building business, decrease maintenance and repair expenses/man-hours, and speed up turnaround while remaining as close as possible to the present price point. I hope this remains the mission of the powers that be. Skippy could pick up a lot of Russell customers for the Western Series if the Russell prices do in fact go up to the extent rumored. If Skippy follows in Russell's footsteps, albeit even reluctantly, I'm not sure how I could afford to keep racing.

Got to get my seat time while I can, I guess...
Old 06-13-2007
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 14

beautiful pics Smith.. ..
I have run across some pics while slummin around out here in Cali of the supposed "new" Russell car... Either car.. being carbon won't be a cheap fix to the tub.. The challenge I believe will be to come up with suspension components that won't break the bank and a good " tear off" system that can do a decent job at saving the tub...
All exciting challenges for whomever attacks them

Old 08-13-2007
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

I recently spent a few days at Laguna and talked to a some of the instructors about the changes at Russell. According to them, the cars they are using are comparable to an Atlantic (yeah, I said the same thing) and a season should run you a cool $100 grand. So I am not sure they are really competing with the cheapskates, I mean us cost savey drivers that run with Skippy. Now of course these costs are an estimate and may be lower but that's the word I got from them, not that you should ever trust the West Coast Instructors (just kidding you guys, they are so sensitive). Anyway, for what it's worth. I don't get the sense that we will be seeing the R/T replacements anytime soon so hopefully Harsha can still race every race Skippy runs. Harsha, you should get some kind of award for most track time ever (I'm just jealous).
Old 08-14-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBobN20
I don't get the sense that we will be seeing the R/T replacements anytime soon so hopefully Harsha can still race every race Skippy runs. Harsha, you should get some kind of award for most track time ever (I'm just jealous).
Only chance in hell that I have to catch up with the rest of youse guys. BTW Tom, thank you for noticing. When I'm not in an R/T, I'm sitting home alone waiting anxiously for the phone to ring announcing just such an award. I'm counting on a cash prize that is coincidentally exactly the same amount as a weekend activity offered by a certain New England concern. Please feel free to nominate me officially at any time.
Old 08-14-2007

You got my vote, that's for sure. I think you are single handedly keeping this company afloat. The rest of us appreciate that very much.
Old 08-15-2007
Tire Pariahrometer

Has anyone spoken to the pricipals at Russel? I understand that its former Skippy guys who, presumably, know that the money is in R&D programs, not high-dollar Race Series events where Capital and Operational costs are a huge issue. Not to mention the fact, that there are way too-many-open-wheel stepping-stone series than there are Trustafarians with $150,000 a year to spend on entertainment.

The big guess is whether potential racers really give a damn about the swoopiness of the cars or the legitimacy of the competition. Do you want to fart through silk or cotton?

Carl Lopez
Old 08-16-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Carl,

great to see you posting...i think you hit the nail on the head with your comments.

If "potential racers" are the typical Skippy guys like me with no desire to spend hard earned $$$ to race for show, the answer is obviously no. However "potential racers" could mean guys who never raced and are more interested in lookin good and showing pictures to friends of a 6 month experience...if so maybe it will work.

This is the same argument with new Skippy cars, most current racers over 25 have no interest in a new car if it means $1 more in cost, but those interested on moving up or just starting are very biased (influenced) by a modern "lookin" car including i believe some of the Skippy principals unfortunately.
Old 08-16-2007
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

What is the car in the background? Looks like something comparable to an imsa light car or lmp2.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_5cb27876e72a811a1f696b4cc2cbfe4b.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	2085   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_749b30e4eb3626c44e91c6c6e27c16dd.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2086  
Old 08-16-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas
What is the car in the background? Looks like something comparable to an imsa light car or lmp2.
It's got the Russell logo on the side. Looks like the sports prototype version of the formula car, ie basically the same car with fendered bodywork
Old 08-16-2007
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Those cars sure are pretty !! I would love to take one for a spin. I don't know about most of the Skippy guys but I for one cringe at any crash damage I have to pay for as it takes away from the money I can spend getting Rob Slonaker to teach me during lead-follow, radio coaching and extra lapping adn the likes. I can't imagine what crash damage liability would be for the Russell Series with that car !!
Old 08-17-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames2222
I can't imagine what crash damage liability would be for the Russell Series with that car !!
check out that front wing, Scott...beautiful, isn't it? bet it empties a bank account faster than you can say "Rob Slonaker." might as well just go ahead and post your ATM PIN right on your helmet. Forget the new car, Skippy should just put that wing on an R/T-- we'd finally get some actual downforce and they'd be solvent into the next century...
Old 08-17-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands
Forget the new car, Skippy should just put that wing on an R/T-- we'd finally get some actual downforce and they'd be solvent into the next century...
At risk of offending some sensibilities still again: Skippy could just revert to the school cars that are better teaching and race cars. Emphasize the great competition most of us do care about, on great tracks with superb instructors, and in addition to remaining solvent into the next century, reduce prices to last century's.

After all, we're continuing to fill race weekends with the 1970s vintage cars we're driving now - so who cares about a higer priced carbon fiber tub. And since we can get 2 + hours in a 550 hp tube frame sprinter with by god real wings for $650, how come Skippy cars cost so much?

If Skippy must upgrade, how about Formula Continentals - another earlier design tube frame car - costs about what an RT does and laps RA at 2:15. Create a new class with Mazda engines - that sounds sexy. With school cars and FCs, you've got H pattern shifting but the Hewland boxes are sweet and the cars devine.

Great to have Carl contributnig again.
Farting though silk or cotton...
Old 08-18-2007
administrationistperson

Quote:
check out that front wing, Scott...beautiful, isn't it? bet it empties a bank account faster than you can say "Rob Slonaker." might as well just go ahead and post your ATM PIN right on your helmet. Forget the new car, Skippy should just put that wing on an R/T-- we'd finally get some actual downforce and they'd be solvent into the next century...
that is soooooooo lol - print PIN on helmet!
Old 08-19-2007
administrationistperson

OLDMAN - Don't look!!!! Close your eyes!!!!!

our wor$t nightmare - and a very hasty p-shop............

Name:	r-t-nightmare.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	2094  
Old 08-19-2007
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Nice job Doug. It'll never happen... but it looks great!
Old 08-19-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
OLDMAN - Don't look!!!! Close your eyes!!!!!

our wor$t nightmare - and a very hasty p-shop............
bwahahahaha -- my plan worked! I knew you would be powerless to resist! And even better than I imagined.

But....... you forgot the PIN!
Old 08-19-2007
administrationistperson

Quote:
bwahahahaha -- my plan worked! I knew you would be powerless to resist! And even better than I imagined.
But....... you forgot the PIN!
naaaaah, sorry SH -I'd planned on a chop as soon as I saw the large pics, just never got it done till til this AM....your post is the best text on the subject tho

and Duo, we don't want it to happen!!!!! Those wings would put wings on all the bills in your wallet, watch them fly away!
Old 08-23-2007
administrationistperson

Quote:
....Forget the new car, Skippy should just put that wing on an R/T-- we'd finally get some actual downforce...
can you imagine how tail-happy the car would be with this nose wing and the existing R/T rear wing???
Old 08-23-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
can you imagine how tail-happy the car would be with this nose wing and the existing R/T rear wing???
not to mention useful for those big New England snowfalls

"existing R/T rear wing???"
hmmm, let's see....

from Merriam-Webster Onlline:

Main Entry: 1wing
Pronunciation: 'wi[ng]
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English winge, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Danish & Swedish vinge wing; akin to Sanskrit vAti it blows -- more at WIND
1 a : one of the movable feathered or membranous paired appendages by means of which a bird, bat, or insect is able to fly ; also : such an appendage even though rudimentary if possessed by an animal belonging to a group characterized by the power of flight b : any of various anatomical structures (as of a flying fish or flying lemur) providing means of limited flight
2 : an appendage or part resembling a wing in appearance, position, or function: as a : a device worn under the arms to aid a person in swimming or staying afloat b : ALA c : a turned-back or extended edge on an article of clothing d : a sidepiece at the top of an armchair e (1) : a foliaceous, membranous, or woody expansion of a plant especially along a stem or on a samara or capsule (2) : either of the two lateral petals of a papilionaceous flower f : a vane of a windmill or arrow g : SAIL h : an airfoil that develops a major part of the lift which supports a heavier-than-air aircraft i chiefly British : FENDER d
3 : a means of flight or rapid progress
4 : the act or manner of flying : FLIGHT wing>

Main Entry: spoil·er
Pronunciation: 'spoi-l&r
Function: noun
1 a : one that spoils b : one (as a political candidate) having little or no chance of winning but capable of depriving a rival of success
2 a : a long narrow plate along the upper surface of an airplane wing that may be raised for reducing lift and increasing drag -- see AIRPLANE illustration b : an air deflector on an automobile to reduce the tendency to lift off the road at high speeds

I'd go with "spoiler": substitute driver for rival in definition 1b and it's dead on

Last edited by Slowhands; 08-23-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-23-2007
G-force junkie

....wait just a frickin minute! what's going on here???? somebody's talked somebody into messin' with my avatar and it's not funny. I wasn't born yesterday, you know. don't y'all have anything better to do???? It's a workday for cryin' out loud. Somebody needs to get a real job. And what does it say? DICKmeister? ok, I can see that... but how did y'all know?

kids *sigh*

although my sponsors are going to be pissed.
Old 08-23-2007
administrationistperson

it's a compliment - DIRTmeister...........maybe I should try your idea??? (and I thought it would be misread DIETmeister) btw, your avatar was changed YESTERDAY!

this will help the RT

Name:	r-t-nightmare4.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2111  

Last edited by cdh; 08-24-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
it's a compliment - DIRTmeister...........maybe I should try your idea??? (and I thought it would be misread DIETmeister)

Thanks for the compliment, Doug. I'll keep it! although in this arena, an hour and 40 minutes in the saddle certainly do not a meister make. And thanks for the mag view for my aging retina, but now I'm really laughing... I DID think it was DIETmeister (I had just sent ol' Mopar boy a PM on that subject, and I thought he was deviously getting back at me, so that's why I thought you were in cahoots-- how funny!) Then, just as I was getting ready to post, when I squinted, I saw the other one, Rorschach-like, out of the mist if you will. That font needs work on the "r." Either that or I need more Gothic practice.

ps: Although DIETmeister does give me an idea for a lucrative late-night infomercial utilizing a certain spirit as a key component of a stunning wieght-loss program. I am a doctor, might as well play one on TV. There are enough stupid people out there, it would probably pay for a season of Skippy.

Quote:
btw, your avatar was changed YESTERDAY!
some of us do leave the house

Quote:
this will help the RT
NOW we're talking
Old 08-23-2007

Gallery Images: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
it's a compliment - DIRTmeister...........maybe I should try your idea??? (and I thought it would be misread DIETmeister) btw, your avatar was changed YESTERDAY!
Yeah, I can confirm that. I could tell it was no longer "Jager...", but it took awhile to decode the "Dirt..." part.
Quote:
....wait just a frickin minute! what's going on here???? somebody's talked somebody into messin' with my avatar and it's not funny. I wasn't born yesterday, you know. don't y'all have anything better to do???? It's a workday for cryin' out loud. Somebody needs to get a real job. And what does it say? DICKmeister? ok, I can see that... but how did y'all know?

kids *sigh* although my sponsors are going to be pissed.
Time to cut back on the caffeine, Doc?
Old 08-23-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso
Time to cut back on the caffeine, Doc?
how i wish it was that easy

only 5 more days till mid-ohio
Old 08-24-2007
administrationistperson

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment, Doug. I'll keep it!
ps: Although DIETmeister does give me an idea for a lucrative late-night infomercial utilizing a certain spirit as a key component of a stunning wieght-loss program. I am a doctor, might as well play one on TV. There are enough stupid people out there, it would probably pay for a season of Skippy.
1 - By all means change it back if you want, but you never keep the same avatar for very long anyway.

2 - I'll shoot the infomercial for you!! I am lol just thinking about it...I'm sure I could use it somewhere

of course we will need some additional talent for the shoot, some nurses perhaps....

think this thread has been hijacked enuf????

Last edited by cdh; 08-31-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2007

Quote:
...There are enough stupid people out there, it would probably pay for a season of Skippy...
Harsha, you vastly underestimate the gullibility of the over-weight American masses.
Old 08-24-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
1 - By all means change it back if you want, but you never keep the same avatar for very long anyway.
no, no, no...now that I can read it I love it! All the hysterics were in jest-- since I've discovered speed and dirt, life in Lexington, KY has gotten REALLY BORING. you know how it is with online alter egos, sometimes they just take over (probably because they're more interesting than the real ones, which I hear is true of most "split" personalities ) (Slowhands definitely has it all over Harsha A. Sen, M.D., Vitreoretinal Surgeon, although he may not be sufficiently grateful to the latter for supporting him in the manner to which he has become accustomed).

Besides, most of the barbs were aimed at ME. And the avatar cycling I learned from someone else.

Quote:
2 - I'll shoot the infomercial for you!! I am lol just thinking about it...I'm sure I could use it somewhere
awesome p-shop anytime, dude-- it could be HILARIOUS. especially with TESTIMONIALS and GUEST ENDORSERS

Quote:
of course we will need some additional talent for the shoot, some nurses perhaps....
of course. I just might be able to help you there

Quote:
think this thread has been hijacked enuf????
not yet, apparently. what was it about anyway? it's a perfect hijack-- no one will even notice.
Old 08-24-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso
Harsha, you vastly underestimate the gullibility of the over-weight American masses.
I hadn't anticipated the response to cdh's casting call
Old 08-24-2007
administrationistperson

Quote:
-- since I've discovered speed and dirt, life in Lexington, KY has gotten REALLY BORING.
this list may help
Old 08-24-2007
G-force junkie

Lake Cumberland Speedway - http://www.yourhometrack.com/lakecumberland/index.htm
Located in Burnside, this 3/8 mile, dirt, semi-banked, oval features Chevettes, Open Wheel Modifieds, Road Hoggs and Late Model racing events.

now THAT I gotta see
Old 08-24-2007

Quote:
Lake Cumberland Speedway - http://www.yourhometrack.com/lakecumberland/index.htm
Located in Burnside, this 3/8 mile, dirt, semi-banked, oval features Chevettes, Open Wheel Modifieds, Road Hoggs and Late Model racing events.

now THAT I gotta see
Given these diverse ("Road Hoggs?), classes of competition I fail to see how LCS failed to be included in the SBR Western Series schedule. Burnside is much further west than Sebring...
Old 08-24-2007

Getting back to the thread, I'd rather be driving a Skippy car than the Russell, makes me feel closer to the F1's of the 1960's!
Old 08-24-2007
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

So, what is the update on the NEW Skippy car? Could have designed and built a F1 in less time. Anyone heard if this is actually going to happen, and if it does how much more will a race weekend cost?
Old 08-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
So, what is the update on the NEW Skippy car? Could have designed and built a F1 in less time. Anyone heard if this is actually going to happen, and if it does how much more will a race weekend cost?
No idea about the car but it looks like they already started to charge us for one.

Race weekends this winter will be $2995 a 10% increase, lapping and practice look the same although they increased in the summer. It seems they raise prices now twice a year each summer and then again in the fall.

I suspect the goal is eventually to have only one race weekend each year, a combined event called the eastern, midwest, west, southern combined super championship series. Price will be the current total of 6 weekends plus 6 practice days for a total cost of $25,140, with 20% increases each year to reflect the current twice a year bumps.

dv
Old 08-25-2007
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
.....I suspect the goal is eventually to have only one race weekend each year, a combined event called the eastern, midwest, west, southern combined super championship series. Price will be the current total of 6 weekends plus 6 practice days for a total cost of $25,140, with 20% increases each year to reflect the current twice a year bumps.
dv
The E.M.W.S.C.S.C.S.
Old 08-25-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
don't hold your breath... when a small closely-held company is for sale, there is not a lot of incentive to plough cash into a longterm new project -- especially when the investment and amount of retooling (physical, mental, cultural) is significant and the financial benefits are truly longterm. I'd call it the Lame Duck Waddle Syndrome (although it's patently unfair to Duck to associate him with what's going on in the boardroom-- it's all I could come up with). Please see TomBobN2O's excellent and exhaustive posts on the subject elsewhere on Juicy, supplemented by the thoughts of other incisive Juicy minds... (if I could remember where, I'd link to it)
Old 08-25-2007
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Quote:
No idea about the car but it looks like they already started to charge us for one.

Race weekends this winter will be $2995 a 10% increase, lapping and practice look the same although they increased in the summer. It seems they raise prices now twice a year each summer and then again in the fall.

I suspect the goal is eventually to have only one race weekend each year, a combined event called the eastern, midwest, west, southern combined super championship series. Price will be the current total of 6 weekends plus 6 practice days for a total cost of $25,140, with 20% increases each year to reflect the current twice a year bumps.

dv
So here is a little confusion at Skippy World Headquarters, the pricing does not sync up.

In some places one price is quoted and another place another price, can we choose the one we want to pay? Some places on the website lead-follow is quoted at $1248, and race weekend $2695.

So what is the correct pricing for those of us that actually have to pay "real" money and not some sort of Skippy dollars?

Regional Race Series Costs:

Race Weekend: $2,695
A Skip Barber Regional "Race Weekend" includes all Saturday and Sunday (Friday and Saturday at Lime Rock Park, Conn.) track time: Qualifying, warm-ups, two races.

Lead-Follow: $1,895
Generally available during the Lapping days that precede Race Weekends, you get your own personal coach for the day. You both drive an Formula Skip Barber 2000, and you follow the instructor on the race track to learn precisely where to brake, turn-in, apex and track-out.
Old 08-25-2007

Current price for a RW is $2695 in east and midwest, the price changes to $2995 starting with the 2007-2008 southern and western series and beyond. I'm expecting to pay $3,450 for the 2008 midwest-eastern series....sad but probably true.
Old 08-25-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Current price for a RW is $2695 in east and midwest, the price changes to $2995 starting with the 2007-2008 southern and western series and beyond. I'm expecting to pay $3,450 for the 2008 midwest-eastern series....sad but probably true.
The Skippy guys obviously don't understand that raising the price is going to result in a decrease in volume. It's simple economics. For example, if they raise the price AGAIN within the year, I'm going to cut out one or more of the "extra" sessions (lapping, practice, lead-follow) I do to keep my total outlay the same or less. I may find other, more economical avenues for my need for speed. And they will end up losing more than if they had left the prices the same. Skippy works because of the "value" they trumpet in their ads. They better be careful they don't price themselves out of that "value" niche. But we've already addressed these issues ad nauseum. That's it for me on the subject. Al, buy the company already.
Old 08-26-2007

Quote:
... I may find other, more economical avenues for my need for speed. ...
Friend of mine, newly retired firefighter, bought a dirt track street stock and went racing for the first time in his life. Costs him $25 to run on a Saturday night. I believe he said the payout to start the s/s feature is $25. He paid $3000 or the car, which was generally well constructed, running and complete but was in serious need of sorting.
Old 08-26-2007

Quote:
For example, if they raise the price AGAIN within the year, I'm going to cut out one or more of the "extra" sessions (lapping, practice, lead-follow) I do to keep my total outlay the same or less.
I have already started to cut back, mostly because of "sticker shock" from the new prices announced with the schedule.

1. Mid Ohio
canceled lapping and lead follow
2. Miller National
was on the edge, but new prices pushed me over to the save my powder for a track I really like mode.
3. Southern
Moroso was a good opportunity to check in on my company in Miami and meet with partners. With higher prices and that incentive lost I will likely skip Vegas replacement race.

Your right about them not understanding. It's always on the margin where things matter most.

An extra $300 may seem trivial but...
Multiply that by 5,6,7 or more...
Marginal tracks/venues...
Loss of "other convenient reasons" to go...
Seasonal 10% price increases....
All of that and it becomes hard to not at least think about cutting back.

Let's add it up in $$$$
M-O lapping $1095
M-O lead follow $2495
Miller National $4500?
Drop Vegas $4190

I know this is an extreme example but as I said the too frequent, heavy price increases are trigger points for reality checks that ultimately effect decisions.
Old 08-26-2007

Based on the amount of regulars we have lost in the last year or two how can they think pricing has not affected the series? In addition cutting certain team building events has aided in the loss of family we have always had. Not that we don't still have it, but it is not as strong as it once was.

The only weekends where we have the number of drivers needed to be profitable is when they are combined weekends.

Here is the current Russell pricing:

2007 Pricing:
Two-Day Race Weekend: $2,295
Single Day Race Weekend: $1,250
Friday Lapping Day: $1,095
Thursday Lapping Day: $1,095
Extra Lapping Session(s) on Lapping Days: 350 for one; $450 for two; $550 for three
Bonus Qualifying on Race Day: $350
Bonus Race (no points): $350

FYI, their last season champion was young Patrick Barrett who raced with us last year at Mt Tremblant for the first time.

Granted they dont have everything to offer that we have in our series, but there are many other options. An the old saying goes, when you stop getting better, you stop being good. The competition always seeks opportunity. It would be a damn shame if things continue to go this way.
Old 08-26-2007
administrationistperson

Hey Chris, Are all the races in the Formula Russell?

Old 08-26-2007

Hey Doug:

I beleive they are but not for sure. I think someone once told me they have a school car and a series car. I am sure it is easy to find out.
Old 08-26-2007
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
Hey Chris, Are all the races in the Formula Russell?
all the races ARE in the Formula Russell. It's their R/T 2000. I hate to say this, but I googled them this week. Is anyone at Skippy watching this space?

Bookmark This Thread