Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 01-10-2012
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

The 2012 Summer Schedule

Alright, here it is!! The long awaited schedule!!

If you have any questions, give your School and Series Advisor a call!

Announcing the 2012 Summer Race Series Schedule

It’s that time of year! It may be cold outside, but we’re already thinking ahead to summer and the Skip Barber presents the Mazda Summer Series for Formula Skip Barber and the Summer MAZDASPEED Challenge.
We've got all the information put together for you including:
  • Ten double race weekends for Formula Skip Barber and eight double race weekends for the MAZDASPEED Challenge
  • The best tracks in North America you will have the opportunity to compete at
  • Awards and prizes
  • Pricing and savings
  • FASTPASS offers

2012 Skip Barber presents the Mazda Summer Series Formula Skip Barber
April 27-29, Virginia International Raceway, VA
May 18-20, Watkins Glen, NY
June 15-17, Mont Tremblant, Canada
June 29- July 1, Road America, WI
July 12-14, Lime Rock Park, CT
August 4-5, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, CA (Condensed)
August 24-26, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, OH
September 7-9, Autobahn Country Club, IL
September 22-23, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, CA (Condensed)
October 4-6, Lime Rock Park, CT

Four of the 10 Formula Skip Barber race weekends will be run on BFGoodrich g-Force R1 slicks, including Lime Rock Park, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio and Autobahn Country Club.

2012 Skip Barber presents the Summer MAZDASPEED Challenge
April 27-29, Virginia International Raceway, VA
May 18-20, Watkins Glen, NY
June 29- July 1, Road America, WI
July 12-14, Lime Rock Park, CT
August 4-5, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca,CA (Condensed)
August 24-26, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, OH
September 7-9, Autobahn Country Club, IL
October 4-6, Lime Rock Park, CT

Information regarding the Skip Barber class in the Mazda MX-5 Cup will be announced shortly.
Details regarding a Professional Driver Development Program will be released soon.

Championship Prizes

Mazda Summer Series Formula Skip Barber
Summer MAZDASPEED Challenge
Series Champion
TAG HEUER Formula 1 Watch, One year Racer magazine subscription, One year iRacing subscription & Two Race Weekends
TAG HEUER Formula 1 Watch, 1 year Racer magazine subscription, One year 1Racing subscription & Full season in the 2013 Skip Barber MAZDASPEED Pro Challenge
Second Place
Two Practice Sessions
Two Practice Sessions
Third Place
Two Computer Car Sessions
Two Computer Car Sessions
Most Improved Driver
$3,000 Skip Barber Racing School Credit
Rookie of Year
Masters Champion
TAG HEUER Formula 1 Watch, 1 year Racer magazine subscription, Mothers Car Care Prize Pack
TAG HEUER Formula 1 Watch, 1 year Racer magazine subscription, Mothers Car Care Prize Pack

Reminder for Formula Skip Barber racers: The top ten drivers (age 25 or under) in the championship points for the 2011-2012 Winter Series and 2012 Summer Series will be invited to compete in the 2nd Annual Race Series Champion Shootout at the end of the year. The winner of that shootout will receive funding to compete in a full season of the 2013 Cooper Tires presents the USF2000 National Championship powered by Mazda.

Pricing
This year, we’ve brought back our 30-60-90 discount to offer our racers more savings than ever! However, if you book at least eight race weekends before January 31, you save the most with our Full Season Pre-Pay Discount!

Full Season* Pre-Pay Discount
Early Registration Discount
(Race by race)
Session
Retail Price
25%
Jan 10-
Jan 31
20%
Feb 1- Mar 30
15%
Apr 2- Apr 28
15%
90 Day Advance
10%
60 Day Advance
5%
30 Day Advance
Race Weekend
$3,500
$2,625
$2,800
$2,975
$2,975
$3,150
$3,325
Practice
$1,500
$1,125
$1,200
$1,275
$1,275
$1,350
$1,425
Lapping
$1,350
$1,012
$1,080
$1,147
$1,147
$1,215
$1,282
Lead/Follow Lapping
$1,600
$1,200
$1,280
$1,360
$1,360
$1,440
$1,520
Formula Car Test Day
$2,550
$1,912
$2,040
$2,167
$2,167
$2,295
$2,422
Computer Car Sessions
$700
$525
$560
$595
$595
$630
$665
All prices listed are the rates per session. *Full Season includes at least eight (8) race weekends for the Formula Skip Barber and six (6) for the MAZDASPEED Challenge purchased at once before the start of the season. Discounts may not be combined with any other offer. The customer will always receive the highest single discount to which they are entitled.

FASTPASS
A new Annual
FASTPASS will be made available at a price of $150,000. The Annual FASTPASS provides drivers unlimited access to race series events with Skip Barber Racing School’s Formula Skip Barber 2000 and MX-5 Cup race cars for the course of one year. A Seasonal FASTPASS will also be available for $75,000, covering the summer race series season. Both FASTPASSesalso include program packages for personal use or for friends or family. To date, drivers who have taken advantage of the FASTPASS program have levered the program into increased value over and above Skip Barber Racing School’s already good value proposition. Call today to get all the details and perks!

Please contact your School & Series Advisor direct or call toll free at 800.221.1131 Monday through Thursday, 8:30am - 7:00pm, Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm (all times Eastern).
Old 01-10-2012
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Re: The 2012 Summer Schedule

Fabulous
Old 01-10-2012
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Ten race weekends, two doubles allowed. No drops. VIR, The Glen, Tremblant, Road America, Mid Ohio, Autobahn, 2 condensed Laguna's and 2 Lime Rocks.
Old 01-10-2012
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Ten race weekends, two doubles allowed. No drops. VIR, The Glen, Tremblant, Road America, Mid Ohio, Autobahn, 2 condensed Laguna's and 2 Lime Rocks.
where did you see the no drops?

I am going to have do a lot of doubles I love all these tracks.
Im so psyched for Tremblant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to try mid ohio - never been there yet.

Also - > "Four of the 10 Formula Skip Barber race weekends will be run on BFGoodrich g-Force R1 slicks, including Lime Rock Park, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio and Autobahn Country Club."

Not the tracks Id pick for slicks but glad they will be run for a few races.
Old 01-10-2012
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
where did you see the no drops?

I am going to have do a lot of doubles I love all these tracks.
Im so psyched for Tremblant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to try mid ohio - never been there yet.

Also - > "Four of the 10 Formula Skip Barber race weekends will be run on BFGoodrich g-Force R1 slicks, including Lime Rock Park, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio and Autobahn Country Club."

Not the tracks Id pick for slicks but glad they will be run for a few races.
No drops isn't listed as of yet. It's going to be in the new rule book (with some other changes) that will be published in the next few days. Nothing serious mind you! Just a few rules that needed tweaked
Old 01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drice View Post
No drops isn't listed as of yet. It's going to be in the new rule book (with some other changes) that will be published in the next few days. Nothing serious mind you! Just a few rules that needed tweaked
interesting why no drops?

also - can u still run races against the pool when ur maxxed out?
i want to run lots of doubles
Old 01-10-2012

Well I apparently spoke too soon. I'll get this rule book out as soon as we can.

You can run as many doubles as you would like, however, only a certain amount will count towards your points. I'll have to get back to you on that specific amount tomorrow...
Old 01-10-2012

Quote:
Well I apparently spoke too soon. I'll get this rule book out as soon as we can.

You can run as many doubles as you would like, however, only a certain amount will count towards your points. I'll have to get back to you on that specific amount tomorrow...
what do u mean u spoke to soon?

ok
ty
Old 01-11-2012
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

My "No Drop" source (not Diana :-) called back today to say there are going to be drops... Probably 3 but we'll have to wait for the final ruling.

Last edited by dalyduo; 01-11-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2012

Just to help clear up the information going around about the rule book right now I'm going to say this*:

1. Drops are currently at 4 for the 2012 Summer Series.

2. There will be 2 doubles allowed for points BUT you are allowed to double as much as you would like for seat time.

The feedback we are receiving is helpful but at the same time we would like your understanding in knowning the rule book is not official yet so hold back on the rants and raves until something is official, please.

Thanks guys keep on rockin!

*Nothing is official as we are still in the approval stages. This is as it stands RIGHT NOW and COULD change at any second.
Old 01-12-2012

Quote:
Just to help clear up the information going around about the rule book right now I'm going to say this*:

*Nothing is official as we are still in the approval stages. This is as it stands RIGHT NOW and COULD change at any second.
can we keep the both lime rocks in the classic config?!
Old 01-12-2012

Gallery Images: 8

Hey Diana,

It would be great if we could keep the three doubles for pts we had last season...for those of us long time customers that work and run businesses it is hard to make this many dates of travel. Now that the season is expanded to 10 weekends I would think we would allow more doubles not less.

Thank you for allowing us to have some input and for your hard work!
Old 01-13-2012

The input is fantastic as you guys are the ones who have to race it so naturally all suggestions are listened too.

I'm going to be honest and say that I completely agree with you on the 3 doubles thing. Which is why I'm still working that angle and trying to see if we can't leave it be that way.

The rule book should be out early next week. Don't hold me to that though as usually when I give a timeline last minute things pop up, ha ha ha!

As for Lime Rock being in classic for both races...it's hard to say. We have people who like the chicane and those who like the classic so it's equal to all if we do it both ways. That's typically a decision we make a few weeks before the event though.

Let me know if you guys have any further feedback. I really honestly do appreciate it. Now let's all cross our fingers on the rule book being out early next week, ha ha ha!
Old 01-13-2012

Quote:
The input is fantastic as you guys are the ones who have to race it so naturally all suggestions are listened too.

As for Lime Rock being in classic for both races...it's hard to say. We have people who like the chicane and those who like the classic so it's equal to all if we do it both ways. That's typically a decision we make a few weeks before the event though.

Let me know if you guys have any further feedback. I really honestly do appreciate it.
If you are not running LR in classic, Its probably not worth me traveling 12 hours each way to come out for it

The final race has always been classic, so the only option/debate is the July race.
Are you running slicks for the LRP race in July?
I think the slicks at lime rock is a waste -id prefer them at road america for example since its so much faster of a track.

G
Old 01-13-2012
administrationistperson

If you are looking for a prize of a full racing season, you have to race with fenders -- why no full season for the Formula Car champ?

Kinda worrisome to my eyes

and since there are typically so many Masters racing, they seem cheaped-out a bit also
Old 01-13-2012

I have some good news! The 2012 Summer Series rule book is out!

Follow this link to view it: http://www.skipbarber.com/pdfs/2012SummerRules.pdf

The changes are as follows:
1. Drops are 4 for the Formula and 2 for the MAZDASPEED Challenge.
2. You are allowed 3 doubles for points and an unlimited amount for seat time.
3. The Western Championship rules can be viewed on page 23.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Greg - I will find out as soon as possible on the Lime Rock July dates and what configuration we're running for you.

cdh - We are still working out some details on the Formula champs. We tried to do as much as we could for the Masters but in the past they did not receive any "Skippy Bucks" so it was difficult to get them any this year. This is something we are looking into for the Winter/Summer series next year. I know how bad this looks and I do apologize for anyone racing in the Masters/Grandmasters championship who feels the prizes aren't that great. Again suggestions are always welcome.
Old 01-13-2012
administrationistperson

Quote:
cdh - We are still working out some details on the Formula champs. We tried to do as much as we could for the Masters but in the past they did not receive any "Skippy Bucks" so it was difficult to get them any this year. This is something we are looking into for the Winter/Summer series next year. I know how bad this looks and I do apologize for anyone racing in the Masters/Grandmasters championship who feels the prizes aren't that great. Again suggestions are always welcome.
Thanks Diana, I understand the Masters, and think reconsidering those prizes a good idea as you say -- there's a lot of revenue from those age groups, no? The more important question in my mind is the F series taking a back seat to the Mazdaspeed series. Why is there no longer a full season prize for the Formula champion? I have a bad feeling about this, hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-15-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Thanks Diana, I understand the Masters, and think reconsidering those prizes a good idea as you say -- there's a lot of revenue from those age groups, no? The more important question in my mind is the F series taking a back seat to the Mazdaspeed series. Why is there no longer a full season prize for the Formula champion? I have a bad feeling about this, hope I'm wrong.
Doug, I am with you in wondering why the Masters are being "cheaped out" (great phrase). As you say, there is an awful lot of revenue from Masters racers, not to mention loyalty over the long run.
Just because the Masters have not had Skippy Bucks in the past is no reason not to initiate it now.

I share your concern at the significant disparity between Mazdaspeed and Formula champion prizes. I also think that season P2 and P3 are tough to get-- the fight at the top is usually fiercely competitive. They should be rewarded better than Practice sessions or computer car. A full race weekend, at least.

And to my brother Greg: You and that chicane again! You were smokin fast on that config, right there with the kids, you'd think you'd like it by now. Or was it just the car?
Old 01-15-2012

Hiya -

are u open to adding more races with slicks?
we do love em slicks!!!
Old 01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post

And to my brother Greg: You and that chicane again! You were smokin fast on that config, right there with the kids, you'd think you'd like it by now. Or was it just the car?
its never me! it is always the car!
come on dawg u know that
Old 01-16-2012
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
its never me! it is always the car!
Well good, I'm glad we've got that in print. I plan to remind you of it often.

BTW, Diana, KellyB, KellyP, anybody: Where does the project to put a new Mazda engine into the current formula chassis stand? Is there any realistic hope of seeing it come to fruition? Asking because there hasn't been a customer conference call in a while, nor any other word out of Operations.
Old 01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post

I can assure you there is absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to the Formula cars.

This year we established a ladder system with our MX-5 Cup cars and therefore we have a better offering of prizes due to that. We are still in the works on a ladder system with our beloved Formula cars so we ask that you hold tight and keep an eye open for future press releases on that subject.

The Formula guys last year only won 2 Race Weekends and 2 Practices. They did not get a full season. Again, there is going to be a press release soon about an addition to the prize pack for the Formula Champion, please hold tight.

In regards to the Mazda engine in the Formula car, I do not currently have any updates on that situation. I apologize for that as I know how anxious we all are in getting that project finalized.

As for the Masters, in the past they have merely received a trophy so I would say this year is a pretty good start on that road. I realize that it doesn't seem like enough but I can assure you that this is merely a start. We know the heart of our business is with our gentleman drivers and we really want to show them we appreciate them coming back year after year. This year we decided a good start in showing our appreciation was to get our sponsors involved to get the free swag. I wish it wouldn't be seen as a throwaway or anything in the negative as next year we will have more to offer.

I know in my responses I often use the words "hold tight" or "have patience" which is really not helpful. Trust me I would love to come on here and tell you what goodies we are working on in the office but I can't. All I ask is that you hold tight, keep the worrysome rumors at a minimum and know that I am personally working my butt off to get you guys a rockin' race series with amazing prize packages.

Feedback here is always welcome as are phone calls and emails. I love your input because after all, you guys are the ones who keep coming back, I'm just here to ensure we do all we can to make you want to.

Thanks guys and I can't wait to see all of you in the summertime!
Old 01-16-2012
G-force junkie

Thanks, Diana. I don't think there are many on this board who would turn down your offer to "hold tight." (Is it a bad thing that I actually said that?)

In the dictionary under the words "Customer Relations" there are photographs of you and KellyB. Thank you both for putting so much of yourselves into your jobs and for maintaining such a high standard (you would think there is no other way to do a job, but some people don't get it). I hope you both realize how much we appreciate having people of your quality and professionalism respond to our concerns and questions, and I truly hope your bosses do, too.
Old 01-16-2012
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Aw, thanks Harsha. We miss you!! Please come to Homestead? pllllleeeeaaaaaase?
Old 01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
Aw, thanks Harsha. We miss you!! Please come to Homestead? pllllleeeeaaaaaase?
Yes Harsha, please come to homestead!!!

I cant wait

Bookmark This Thread