Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 10-10-2012
USAstig
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Skip Barber Racing School Financial Troubles

The Skip Barber Racing School reports a "profitable" business...
http://www.whowon.com/sResults.asp?S...StoryID=327808
...but at the same time, owes Laguna Seca $700,000 for unpaid track rent...
http://www.pineconearchive.com/120420-5.htm
Trust 'em? No way. Give them thousands of dollars in advance of a racing school or race weekend? Hell no. Plenty of other schools out there that aren't at risk of going out of business and taking my money with them...
Old 10-10-2012
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Skip Barber Racing School Financial Troubles

Unfortunate that there's a controversy, but I don't take things like this at face value. There's almost always more to the story. Heck, GM and Chrysler were "bankrupt" two years ago, you wouldn't buy a ZR1 or new Viper?

Spreading only negative stories usually starts the death spiral of a company.

"They're in financial trouble"

"Well I'm not giving them my money"

"Now they're in deeper financial trouble"

"Well now I'm really not giving them any money"

And so on.

That being said, it's now SBRS's job to explain themselves (if they can) and put these fears to rest. Did MRLS not provide all they promised? Who knows? Not me? I don't have the information to make an informed decision. But more information is usually better...

Who knows, maybe Skip himself is spreading the rumors so he can buy it back on the cheap! It's common for companies to get bought out with leverage, and then get crushed under the debt load, and the founders swoop in and buy the assets cheap.
Old 10-10-2012
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

If you all care about the survival of Skip Barber as a business, may I suggest you stop the negative speculation. The Pine Cone article is from April 2012, can anyone offer current news that confirms this is still the case? Our forum has excellent SEO, what is said here shows up in the top hits of Google searches within hours. The negative comments will, as stated, snowball and contribute to a 'death spiral'.

Also, I find it curious that one of our users' stated residence (in profile) is 3000 miles away from their IP web address server...which happens to be right near Laguna. Pretty damn easy to connect these (and other) dots...I'll stay quiet for now and see if someone wants to be honest.

If you insist on posting this volatile story, do so with solid, current facts, we wont abide reporting rumors/speculation as fact.
Old 10-10-2012
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

I have seen both of these articles and it appears as normal business. Laguna Seca is a pseudo government entity and these spats are always occurring when the government is involved. They use public announcments to pressure public opinion against an individual or company. Just look at Willie Nelson.... I'll bet he settled for less than the $$$$$$ origionally announced.

Spreading negative talk has a way of starting it's own downward spiral for SB.
So, lets all look at a guy who has only posted twice on this forum as a "man with a mission" If this is his only topic.... maybe there is an agenda here.

This economy is tough on high end entertainment. SB needs all the positives it can get. There are great people that work for SB and this can impact their lives in a negative way. Let's be realistic and optomistic

George
Old 10-10-2012
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
So, lets all look at a guy who has only posted twice on this forum as a "man with a mission" If this is his only topic.... maybe there is an agenda here.
yes...we see what you did

Old 10-10-2012
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Western Re: Skip Barber Racing School Financial Troubles

usastig seems to be a person without the C O Jones to stand up and be identified. If he/she wants to be taken seriously, then quit hidding and step forward.

But that aint going to happen .... I will take the postings of usastig as a poor joke.
Old 10-11-2012
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

I definitely agree that the negative talk can harm current employees, and for that I won't say much.

However, the Pine Cone article was not someone with an agenda or anything government backed, and frankly, I'm surprised there haven't been more articles like it.

Things have not been easy at SBRS for a while, but racers keep buying programs, and every little bit helps, right?
Old 10-11-2012
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Western Re: Skip Barber Racing School Financial Troubles

I do not think that ANYONE here was attacking the Pinecone article. The comments are addressing the additional comments of usastig, who does not want to step forward with his/her idenity. Many companies are going through difficulties and SBRS is one of them. Those who care about the company and its people should be focused on buiding the company not on an attempt to tear it down.

Again, usastig, if you are afaid to provide your idenity then you should refrain from comments.
If usastig had posted just the links without comments, that would have not bothered me.

usastig IMHO is a troublemaker and should be removed from the forum.
Old 10-11-2012
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
I do not think that ANYONE here was attacking the Pinecone article. The comments are addressing the additional comments of usastig
yep but anonymity is OK with me, having your own opinion is OK with me, having your own facts is def not OK. Need NEW info here.

Bookmark This Thread