Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 02-19-2008
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

$750 catch!

http://www.skipbarber.com/race_serie...91&image=4.jpg
Old 02-19-2008
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: $750 catch!

taped the wrong seam
Old 02-20-2008
red mist junkie

Gallery Images: 2

I was looking through those pictures and noticed the podium pictures......It sure looks like the young (are they even 10 years old??) kids tatooed the old guys.
I can't help seeing Chris B, looking good. I thought you were the kindergarten teacher with your class. posing for the yearbook picture.
So this year I am going to again shave off my beard. I am also going to shave my head, and I may even go commando under my driving suit. All in an effort to shave off as many extra pounds(ounces) as I can. I still feel good at my fighting weight of 200lbs!!
I would like to have an even weight for each car.....It must be equal with the driver included!!!!
Should all of us start that petition to Skip?
Old 02-20-2008
Servant of The Man
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Heck no! Getting down to racing weight is the one thing that gets me motivated to hop on the treadmill when I get home from work. Take that away, and hello michelin man.
You wanna beat this guy so bad to prove yourself... Two individuals in two different lanes trying to win... Its the guy that gets there first... Thats the reason I breathe, and without it I'm just another guy. But out there in that moment, put your mind in the zone and let it be what it will be. We call it destiny. I need that win for my team, my family, my sponsors, and for myself. I'm gonna get it. -14 time NHRA Funnycar Champion John Force
Old 02-20-2008
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyracenut View Post
Heck no! Getting down to racing weight is the one thing that gets me motivated to hop on the treadmill when I get home from work. Take that away, and hello michelin man.
double ditto. "Racing weight" is what is going to keep a lot of Masters alive a lot longer than previously predicted. For some reason, speed is the only drug that can make us do all the things we should be doing anyway.
Old 02-20-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Angry Re: $750 catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
I would like to have an even weight for each car.....It must be equal with the driver included!!!!
Should all of us start that petition to Skip?
Hell, no.

For my entire life, I've put up with tall, heavy jerks dunking over the top of me, spiking volleyballs down my throat, or running me over on the football field.

For once, I finally find a sport where being small and light is actually an advantage, and whatta you know, the big tall heavy guys immediatley want to legislate my advantage away!!

I say, give the small guys a break for once in their life!!
Old 02-21-2008
All Heart, No Money
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

I am the king of lazy, I need a goal to get motivated. Knowing there is a race weekend 4 weeks out can propel me into 3 hr workouts after spending 10hrs behind a desk. Unfortunately it usually ends about a week after a race weekend. Ben & Jerrys to steamed vegetables and salad back to Ben & Jerrys. Hmmmm I think I still have half a pie in the frig............see ya.
Old 02-21-2008
red mist junkie

Gallery Images: 2

OK OK You SHAMED me into it. And this from a guy who weighed 180 as a freshman in high school. Never played basketball or football.
But look out; Tony Stewart and I wil make up for our weight penalty with ATTITUDE !!!

Bookmark This Thread