Videos Outstanding video

Courage
Old 02-02-2013
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Outstanding video

Great writing, execution and message.

We still miss him and glad to be reminded how much.

Thanks Doug
Old 02-07-2013
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

I'm always a little unsettled at attempts to put words in a dead man's mouth. I think from what I've gathered about Bruce, this seems in character. He was fierce, ruthless, and devoted to winning. (Though he went down a peg in my book by screwing Ken Miles in '66).

I'm an admitted McLaren and Ron Dennis fanboy, and this is a video worth making. But still, essentially having Bruce say "I died to sell more cars in 40 years..." makes me uncomfortable.
Old 02-08-2013
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

I was taken by this race-related video because it is so unique, none out there like this one...and one that doesn't use a freakin Russian operatic chorus for a music track (soooo played). I appreciate its short length and how much it conveys. I do agree it is in somewhat questionable taste, but I think the pros outweigh the cons, it is just so damned original. Found these comments elsewhere....
"Marcus Söderlund (director) said:"The script for this film made me shiver and I wanted to recreate that feeling. I wanted to fill the film with emotions. I am obsessed with gestures. These things that reveal who we are and the physical spaces that we inhabit. Films can change the way you look at the world by showing you how another person sees it. This is how I imagine that Bruce McLaren looked at the world."

Ron Dennis CBE, executive chairman, McLaren Group added: “McLaren’s history is long and storied, but McLaren’s legacy is harder to define – and that’s because it’s still being vividly written every day by the dedicated men and women who work at the McLaren Technology Centre.

“Bruce McLaren wrote the beginning of the story, and the legend is going to continue for many years to come. I’m only a chapter, not the book, and I want other people to come in and write their own chapters as time goes by. This is a book that’s still being written, and that, perhaps, is the greatest legacy of McLaren.”

Old 02-11-2013
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Western Re: Outstanding video

A nice tribute and great video.
Old 02-16-2013
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

Bruce McLaren explains Mosport. Very cool vintage video.

Mosport's layout remains the same, but you can see the track didn't have much for barriers in Bruce's day.

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use

Bookmark This Thread