Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 10-04-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Who's going to the Series Finale at Lime Rock?

With a light chance of showers on Wed. and Saturday it looks like the weather will be relatively cool and cooperative for the October finale @ LRP. Temps in the low 40's and high 30's in the mornings and high 50's and low 60's in the afternoons. Bring your long sleeve Nomex and remember those BFG radials we ride on get less grippy when the temps are in the 40's.

We've got the National series, MX-5 series and Summer series all finishing their season so Nick Nick, the instructors and especially the mechanics should have their hands full this weekend.

For the first time that I'm aware of the banquet will be held at the track itself. (Hope they've got heaters for the tent!) :-)

Bring your cash for the mechanics fund as Al Carter and I are going to take all the red paddle keys from the cars and put them in a box. To get your key back you'll first hand over your donation to Sid for the mechanics fund. As motivation Al's promised to demonstrate his favorite wrestling holds on those hesitant to do the right thing. No pressure

So... Are you in?
Old 10-04-2009
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: Who's going to the Series Finale at Lime Rock?

I'm in! 8 points ahead of Lee and its going to be an awesome race for the MX-5 series!
Old 10-05-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

I'm already in New England visiting some friends outside of Boston. Will be heading to Western CT by tomorrow afternoon. In umpteenth place thanks to all my miscues this season, so for me this weekend is about enjoying what it means to be able to race a classic formula car on a classic track, and enjoying the sweet air of the Berkshires in October.

BTW, does anyone know what track configuration we're running?

Like the Mech Fund Red Tag Sale idea. I've heard that when it comes to motivational efficacy, Tony Robbins got nothing on an Al Carter full Nelson. Even Sid could probably learn something.
Old 10-05-2009
Grand Master

Unconfirmed, but I believe it's classic Lime Rock. If true it's the first time we've run it since the repaving. Should be fun to see what times we run on the smoother track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
BTW, does anyone know what track configuration we're running?
Old 10-05-2009
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

I'll be there !

Viz
Old 10-05-2009
All Heart, No Money
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

I'll be there for lapping Wed. As long as I don't get any CD and if space available I'll jump into an R/T on Saturday, hopefully in the same group as Viz.
Old 10-05-2009

Gallery Images: 33

im sure my dad is getting sick of hearing me say this... but im so excited! i dont think ive ever been this happy to get up at 6AM on a saturday heh... cant wait to see everyone there!!
Old 10-05-2009
Grand Master

If you ask nicely Julia may make some of her chocolate chip cookies for hospitality. She brought a big batch to GPNY for the 6 hour enduro where they were met with big smiles, approving nods and were quickly gobbled up.
Old 10-05-2009

I'll give some to anyone who donates to the mechanics fund, how bout that? Get your paddle key and a cookie, and for such a great cause!
Old 10-05-2009
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalytrio View Post
I'll give some to anyone who donates to the mechanics fund, how bout that? Get your paddle key and a cookie, and for such a great cause!
Julia-- I LOVE chocolate chip cookies and I bet yours are scrumptious. Tell you what: I'll donate to the Mechanics Fund, but ONLY if I can get TWO cookies. No, make that THREE cookies.
Old 10-06-2009
Diesel Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady192 View Post
I'll be there for lapping Wed. As long as I don't get any CD and if space available I'll jump into an R/T on Saturday, hopefully in the same group as Viz.
Hey Jeff, that's great news !! I'll see you on Wednesday and let's lobby to get you in Group 3 Saturday !!!!!

Viz
Old 10-06-2009

I'll be there. But, like Paul during an event weekend (and this weekend, actually), I'll be stuck up top working the driving schools.
Old 10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Julia-- I LOVE chocolate chip cookies and I bet yours are scrumptious. Tell you what: I'll donate to the Mechanics Fund, but ONLY if I can get TWO cookies. No, make that THREE cookies.
Does that mean youll donate three times as much as you normally would?
Old 10-14-2009
G-force junkie

Thank you all my friends for an incredible summer season!!! There were a bunch of new faces, new guys streaking to the front, new friends made, old friends coming out of the woodwork, another chance to challenge oneself at the world's best race tracks, 3 very exciting series being fought till the bitter end. Thank you to all the people who have helped me become a better driver-- this year the pivotal guidance came from MHP, who has helped me to understand what the car has been trying to tell me all these years. I'm finally learning how to listen, and I reached places this season I never thought I would see in my driving, places that transcend any level of performance I could imagine. Yeah, I made a bunch of mistakes (some big ones this weekend alone--ugh!) but given my path into this sport, I have exceeded all my own expectations already. My personal award for the most valuable feedback this season goes to Stevie D, who automatically would tell me what the quick guys were doing compared to me, and that really helped me to hone in on the aspects of the corner on which I needed to focus the most. To the other friends and instructors too numerous to mention individually who have continued to help and support me on this journey despite what seem from the outside to be mysterious and quixotic performances (you all know who you are), I say a very grateful thank you.

The arrival of Michael Culver has breathed new life into Skip Barber-- finally we have a guy at the helm who gets it. The company faces significant challenges with regard to the hole previous management has driven it into and with the general economic environment. But tough times are also times of opportunity, and with vision and execution I believe the company and series can be better than ever.

The Finale weekend and the Series Banquet demonstrated clearly the new energy that Michael has infused. What a great time, a huge crowd, probably the best season video ever (cdh hit it out of the park-- that thing was worthy of Sundance or Cannes), a brilliantly hilarious musical number courtesy of DD, great food, and a great auction thanks to generous contributions from people like Franz Fleishli (or "Crazy Legs Franz" as I will now call him-- thanks Doug). All we lacked was a driver's pickup band playing covers of "Highway Star," "Helter Skelter," and "Antenna Head." Catherine's collapse disturbed us all, but these things happen, and for me, it does not diminish the great energy of the evening. What's most important to me-- and all of us in this big family-- is that she is now recovered with no permanent injury, despite having to lay on the ground for 45 minutes waiting for an ambulance (a lesson to us all-- do not require emergency services in Lime Rock!), which then got to the hospital 10 full minutes after I did. And I drove the speed limit. And didn't quite know where I was going.

I cannot wait for next year! In fact, I cannot wait so badly, that I won't. Road Atlanta, here I come!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalytrio
Does that mean youll donate three times as much as you normally would?
ps: Julia, thanks for the challenge, AND the 3 cookies. I do believe I met your quota. As did the whole family of drivers. I don't know the numbers, but I believe Mr. Canadian Subject-o'-the-Queen can confirm that this was close to a record season for the Mechanics Fund. Despite the tough time for financial assets. Which shows the generous heart of this family, and how we look out for each other. Thank you EVERYONE for taking care of the guys who labor late into the night busting their asses to take care of us. Now next year we need do our part and stay on the track and out of each other! I am including myself in that instruction, just so you know. So don't give me any s--t about it.

Last edited by Slowhands; 10-14-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Bookmark This Thread