Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 05-23-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

WGI was...well, WGI

Cold, rain, warm, sunny... And a few crashes... Honorable mentions have to go to Dvaid Knight aka Night Rider for joining the fast guys club. Ran and battled with Scott Anderson the whole race. I'm proud to see Dave step up. We had a 1st this weekend..twice in one race. Michael Johnson won his first race and also was the first time Skip or really any major racing league has had a winner with a handicap such as Michael. Watching his race, I forgot about him being handicapped, he was a die hard race car driver no matter how you put it. Well done MJ. Lots of great racing. Thanks to Paul Subject and Chris Brassard for making the mechanics fun decals and patches. We appreciate you guys!!!! Thanks to all who showed up and raced! Keith
Old 05-23-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: WGI was...well, WGI

That Cat running the pit lane and keeping everything running on time (and ahead of schedule!) deserves a big round of applause as well! Wife, kids and goldfish appreciate that we all got home a lot earlier then planned.

Great weekend at what might be my new favorite track. I even got to do some quality control on how the CDR process works as I learned the turns. It works well I am happy to report!

See you all at LRP!
Old 05-23-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

Jim , did you podium at least once in each type car? I heard you were a first timer for the glen!!?? Really?
Old 05-23-2011

Missed the podium in the RT's by one spot in race 1 and one wall in race #2... "Some Say" the cars go faster when I make my own on-track modifications to the wings.

Yes, first time at The Glen. Wow. Just an awesome track. Fast and fun. I really enjoyed that whole weekend. Just a great, great time.
Old 05-23-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

Guess it's your twin that raced there... Can't believe all the time with us you'd never been there! It's an awesome track
Old 05-23-2011
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

I just got back from The Glen and my first race ever, except I guess, I did beat Jeff Epstein in the 40 yard dash in summer camp 50 years ago. It was absolutely unbelievable. To be truthful, after my first run on the first day I asked myself What am I doing here. But then, the track started coming to me and more than that everybody there was so unbelievable helpful. Some of the real regulars like Chris and Steve and Steve and Bill and Tom, etc. went out of there way to teach me both racing protocol and also how specifically to drive Skip cars. Also, the instructors were very forthcoming as it relates to making improvements. I can't wait for my next event. Thanks to all who made this weekend so great. My contribution to the mechanics fund goes in today. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

I'm glad you came out Ron! See you at the next one!!! Keith
Old 05-23-2011

Gallery Images: 6

Ron, it was great to see you at the track...and you received rookie of the race - great job. We are all looking forward to seeing you back at the next event.

A special note to the team at SB - a great weekend was managed by everyone from the SB team (even though there were some obstacles to overcome ) - the races were completed on Sunday before the rain came in - nice job - special mention to a certain pit lane coordinator (and the rest of the team) who pulled out the stops to make sure that the Sunday races were completed before lunch....
Old 05-23-2011
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

Love the Captain Canada Paul,,,
Old 05-23-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Jim Craige never raced at WGI? Would have missed that one on the quiz (like your signature Jimbo).

Great to hear you enjoyed it Ron, WGI is a magic track.
Old 05-23-2011

wow what a weekend

Mr Watts, awesome job as usual.
SB would never be the same without you.

I was able to over come the curse of having PDjr as my coach and pulled out a win in my final race of the weekend. ( prior to that win i had a crash, crash, engine seize, bad luck race where i got knocked out of the draft, hit a brake pad got a flat and went to the back, etc etc.. It was crazy the bad luck I was having. Luckily Watts unhooked my radio to my coach and then my luck turned around

I jumped in group 4 as a memorial since i knew a real memorial was not going to happen.
I was unable to get up to the lead pack but i had a lot of action around me as two cars spun and crashed in front of me.

I am very thankful that we got to race in the dry. WG is my fav track and in the dry it is epic.
Old 05-24-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Michael's first win hard fought and rightfully earned, a special treat to witness. Weather all over the place... New drivers and long timers (George Kline and Steve Hahn etc) enjoying fewer fast kids due to WGI's 18 year old age limit. Jim Craige showing his talent at an historic track he'd never seen before. Greg S. overcoming bad luck with good coaching and perseverance. David Knight setting a new standard for himself. Ashley's last to first end of the weekend win. Keith's seamless mastery as pit lane coordinator. MHP's familiar helmet running countless test laps. Gerardo and Ryan Hall computer cars. The instructor team rotating around the track with Stevie De and Phil Lombardi setting the usual narrative high bar. Travis Washay noted for selflessly extending his days helping the mechanics shorten theirs. Kerry Mosher also staying late helping mechanics. Paul Subject championing the mechanics fund in Sid's absence and making us all smile. Lots of good racing... And the new TV set up in hospitality providing Speed F1 coverage!

One of my favorite moments came after the races ended when all the remaining instructors and staff helped break down the hospitality tent. Many hands making light work of an onerous task so mechanics could load trailers with cars and get them back to LRP for a three day school monday morning. So many good people making a great race weekend at a world class road course. What's not to like?
Old 05-24-2011
red mist junkie

Gallery Images: 2

Thanks to all...... competitors, .... friends (new and old) ..... and the great people at Skip Barber.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you! I had a GREAT TIME!

My weekend was special for me and my Posse. I don't know why you guys make me feel so welcome when I can only come so infrequently, but I am very appreciative indeed.

Just a few notes:

To Dr. Mike..... You should have stopped in the first night. We welcome everybody on the porch. No invitation needed. Nice to meet you. And John.

To Paul Subject ...... Alan Thicke (an unfunny Canadian) But YOU, my friend, are one Great Canadian. (and Very funny indeed) Loved the Bear!

To Keith Watts. Thanks for everything. But 6 cars on a weekend is kinda tough to get used to. My luck ran out on #6. But I think it was all in my head. You made the weekend fun. Mopars Rule!

To Stevee Dee. Yeah, I guess that 2 stop strategy didn't work too well in race one!

To MHP ........ I will still try and pass you if I get a run..... Even if you are on a test lap. I would just like to enjoy the moment. I am glad you almost missed the corner. I thought only amateurs got the "red mist" It seems even the best can be afflicted.

To Chris Brassard...... It was not the mechanics that took away your power. It was me! I just added 3 little plates to the exhaust. But it sure is dark in WGI after midnight. You also would like it better at the Seneca Lodge.... I mean the "view" is much better than the Glen Motor Inn.

To the Mechanics.... You guys are the best. thanks for the discression on the nose nipple. I made sure I thanked every one of you when I got out of the car. Thanks for filling the washer fluid with the orange fluid (to fight the bug grime)

To everyone else .... too numerous, but certianly most important.... Loved meeting all of you. What a great community of people.

It's going to be hard to go back to the work-a-day world again...... When I seen my "Walter Mitty" dream.

George Kline
Captain Slow#2

Old 05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Jim Craige never raced at WGI? Would have missed that one on the quiz (like your signature Jimbo).
"WWSD" What would Sid do?
Old 05-24-2011

Gallery Images: 8

Great weekend, great friends, great SBRS staff pulled it off despite the weather and other challenges.

Met some great new drivers and guests and was able to run with some old friends. Hit my personal best times in Race 2 Group 1 on Sunday at WGI. Damn that was fun!

Hats off to the mechanics and instructors for keeping everything moving and safe. Hopefully the mechanical issues experienced by some will be worked out before the next weekend. An aging fleet will continue to be a challenge for all to manage and keep safe and fast.

Please remember the newly named "Sid Brenner Mechanics Fund". Donate often and a lot. These guys are working there butt off for us. David and Mary Knight have graciously donated a Jacuzzi 5 person hot tub to help support the fund. We are selling a limited number of tickets to a raffle drawing that will take place at the Finale in October. Tickets are $100 each and only a limited number will be sold. The raffle tickets will be available starting at the June LRP. MSRP is around $8 grand. Thank you David and Mary. You do not have to be present to win....

George, the view at GMI is the best and you have the added bonus of being able to pull right up to your room.
Old 05-25-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraige View Post
"WWSD" What would Sid do?
Jim, maybe I should have phrased it "I like your signature Jimbo" - I def understood it immediately, nice one.
Great post George, sorry I missed it. Thanks Chris and Paul for the Fund work, awesome.
Old 05-25-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

A few dinner shots with the usual suspects and Subjects at the Seneca Lodge. And Montour Falls that, due to a week of rain, was as dynamic and flowing as I'd ever seen it.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3175.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	4332   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3173.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	4333   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3172.jpg
Views:	27