Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 06-25-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Open Lapping at (new) LRP - July 4th - cheap!

Hey folks -

Walter Irvine over at "corporate" (you know him, Mr Hollywood...) pinged me today and asked me to post this...

Seems like the new LRP will be ready for lapping on July 4th...and Skippy is thinking about running a lapping day. Would be an all-day affair, school cars (not R/T's or Miatas), normal lapping day rules (they want people who will test the track, not the barriers....)

Chances are that this would be the first group actually on the track, at speed, running the new configuration..but a lot depends on construction concluding.

Walter is working on all the details, but yes, it's July 4th....so this may only interest people with no friends, family or options....but if you are interested, please ping Walter directly (link below). Pricing should be lapping day prices or less (he's working on a deal...or so he says) so about $1,000-1,200. Small groups, lots of laps....

Ping Walter at wirvine@skipbarber.com or call him at 860 435 4169 if you're interested and he'll take it from there.

Personally, I'm going to try and make at least a half day, before heading home to roast up some animal meat.

Thanks...
Old 06-27-2008
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: Open Lapping at (new) LRP - July 4th - cheap!

best check with Walter on this. Don't think they'll be done paving much before ALMS.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 06-27-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

that's what I thought....could be a push. here is what Walter just sent me today....but I would check often, I agree...

we are a go:fficeffice" />
it is a PM Lapping day in the Formula school cars, $1099.00/seat
we are the first day of lapping on the new pavement

Walter Irvine | ffice:smarttags" />Assistant Director Corporate Events
Skip Barber Racing School LLC | 29 Brook Street / PO Box 1629 | Lakeville, CT 06039
office: 860-435-4169 | fax: 860-248-4575 | email: WIrvine@skipbarber.com | website: http://www.skipbarber.com

Old 07-02-2008
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

OK OK OK I have no friends to speak of I guess. I will be attending Fridays lapping session. I just want to try again to fall in "like" with this bullring in CT. I'm sure the new surface will help me along.

Bookmark This Thread