Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions
View Poll Results: What do you think of Mazda as SBRS' new partner?
I think Mazda would be a great choice 50 92.59%
I think Mazda would be a terrible choice 0 0%
Take it or leave it, I don't think it matters much 2 3.70%
No point - I don't believe it will happen 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

This from Michael Palmer:

Mazda is poised to become the Driving Force in North American Road Racing.

Los Angeles. In an Autoextremist Exclusive, we have learned that the Skip Barber Racing Organization will have a new partner beginning in 2007 - Mazda. After years with the Chrysler Group's Dodge division, the Lime Rock, Connecticut-based racing school has signed a deal with the Japanese automaker and Ford affiliate, which means that Mazda will become the exclusive vehicle supplier to America's most well-known professional racing school. The announcement of the deal, which is slated for the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) trade show coming up on December 14-16, in Orlando, Florida, was confirmed by a source with knowledge of the developing situation.

With this announcement, Mazda becomes the driving force powering the motorsports "ladder" in North American road racing. This means that a burgeoning driving talent can jump from Karts, to the Skip Barber Racing School, to the National Skip Barber Racing School Series, to Star Mazda, all the way up to the Champ Car-sanctioned Atlantic series - and basically complete his or her racing education exclusively in Mazda-powered racers.

The interesting part of this new partnership is that the Skip Barber racing organization will also be able to offer developmental racing programs for the racer more interested in closed-wheel machines. The school will build a fleet of the extremely popular Mazda MX-5 Cup cars for use both at the school and then at the Pro Races. So if open-wheel racing isn't your thing, you could conceivably compete in the Skip Barber Racing School, the Skip Barber Racing School Series, MX-5 Cup, Grand Am Cup, Speed World Challenge and ultimately in the American Le Mans Series in an LMP2 racing machine - all with Mazda power.

In this oftentimes grim era of the NASCAR-ization of American racing, I applaud Mazda (and Ford) for taking a leadership position in not only developing young racers, but in keeping the sport of road racing alive and well in North America for years to come.

Congratulations to all involved in making this new partnership come together.
Old 11-30-2006

Gallery Images: 8
Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greist
After years with the Chrysler Group's Dodge division, the Lime Rock, Connecticut-based racing school has signed a deal with the Japanese automaker and Ford affiliate, which means that Mazda will become the exclusive vehicle supplier to America's most well-known professional racing school.
That's good news. Considering the the financial condition of the Ford parent company, who would have bet SBR would find an open teat at a subsidiary? Let's hope it sticks. Wonder if it's a rotary or reciprocating engine deal? Makes the Star Mazda chassis look like the SBR frontrunner?
Old 11-30-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Fairly certain there will be no rotary power in the skippy cars. If Mazda works out it could be a reciprocating engine that has similar power to the current Neon engine but can be electronically equalized to slightly different power outputs for different applications (school, regional, national) If the electronic hp tuning is accurate enough there would be no need for a Super Trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso
That's good news. Considering the the financial condition of the Ford parent company, who would have bet SBR would find an open teat at a subsidiary? Let's hope it sticks. Wonder if it's a rotary or reciprocating engine deal? Makes the Star Mazda chassis look like the SBR frontrunner?

Last edited by dalyduo; 11-30-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2006
Grand Master

Come to think of it... If the "AutoExtremist" is wrong and the deal hasn't been inked yet... (Given the supposed announce date of mid December) this may not be accurate info...

Should be an interesting day in Lakeville...
Old 11-30-2006
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Well that's very good news! It will be interesting to see the differences in engine and car because of this.
Old 11-30-2006

Fantastic news. It all fits. Hats off to the SBRS management.
Old 11-30-2006

Gallery Images: 482

Might this suggest some design alignment -- and thus perhaps economies of scale -- between Star Mazda and the next-gen Skippy car?

Any tidbits you can share, Gerardo?
Old 11-30-2006

This would be fantastic. Too bad I sold the old Miata last year!
Old 12-01-2006
Grand Master

Sadly, our enthusiasm for good Skippy news may be a wee bit premature as the source of this information is a rumor blog with no authority or first hand knowledge of the facts. I was initially very excited at the prospect of this announcement but now realize, given the source, it could be misinformation or even harmful to a pending deal if that deal has not, in fact, been signed.

The wisest course of action will be to wait for an official announcement if one is, in fact, pending.

That speculated mid December announcement date sure would make a lot of Skippy racers happy for the holidays though...

Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old 12-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo
Sadly, our enthusiasm for good Skippy news may be a wee bit premature as the source of this information is a rumor blog with no authority or first hand knowledge of the facts.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Don't throw away those TRD phone numbers just yet...
Old 12-01-2006
Grand Master

Need help on TRD?

Quote:
Don't throw away those TRD phone numbers just yet...
Old 12-01-2006

This deal makes such total sense that you figure it should happen if everybody stays focused on the benefits.
Old 12-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Bastien
This deal makes such total sense that you figure it should happen if everybody stays focused on the benefits.
Exactly what I tell my CPA wife every time I rent a car from SBR. I try to stay fuzzy on just exactly what the benefits are. I did tell her once it was "cheaper than a blonde girlfiend" Her response was "I guarantee it" I was kidding, I suspect she wasn't.
Old 12-01-2006

Quote:
Need help on TRD?
If you are seeking help from an entity with deep pockets you might as well seek pockets with lots of cash in them.
Old 12-01-2006
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

he is, I believe, wondering what TRD stands for, as am I...

Toyota Racing Development is #1 search result, how fitting

Last edited by cdh; 12-01-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
he is, I believe, wondering what TRD stands for, as am I...

Toyota Racing Development is #1 search result, how fitting
Ooops, sorry, unintentionally cryptic, but you cracked the code. Yep, TRD = Toyota Racing Development. My inference being Ford that is hemoraging $billions while Toyota is poised to become the world's largest automaker.
Old 12-01-2006
administrationistperson

Quote:
Exactly what I tell my CPA wife every time I rent a car from SBR. I try to stay fuzzy on just exactly what the benefits are. I did tell her once it was "cheaper than a blonde girlfiend" Her response was "I guarantee it" I was kidding, I suspect she wasn't.
well, you know what they say - "If it floats, flies or..er...um...fornicates, it's cheaper to rent"

Last edited by cdh; 12-01-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
well, you know what they say - "If it floats, flies or..er...um...fornicates, it's cheaper to rent"
Yeah brother, verily you say, yet nary a renter among these brethern here.

Or my personal mission statement: "Stay in school, study hard, marry well. If you can only manage one of the three..."

True story. At the 3 Day School I attended at VIR, one of the instructors was local a tallent by the name of Louis Dibrell (the III, I believe). I managed to misplace my gloves somewhere between the classroom and pit lane but didn't discover it untill I was already strapped in and ready to roll. It is always my habit to remove my wedding ring before I do heavy gripping tasks without gloves, so I took the ring off and tried to hand it to Louis for safekeeping during the session. He took it like it was a two-headed viper and said - in a Virginia molassas-and-magnolia accent (think Terry Labonte) impossible duplicate in text - "OH - these things make me VERY nervous - I tell you - so nervous - I have married the same woman TWICE - I'll just give this to Mrs (Duck) Wadell for safe keeping"
Old 12-01-2006
Grand Master

Thanks for the clarification on TRD.

It's a legitimate point but I suspect Mazda is doing pretty well right now and has the financial swagger to partner up with any firm that will only further enhance its (zoom zoom) performance and racing image. SBRS is a good match, if it happens, and lots of good synergy could come of it.

Quote:
Ooops, sorry, unintentionally cryptic, but you cracked the code. Yep, TRD = Toyota Racing Development. My inference being Ford that is hemoraging $billions while Toyota is poised to become the world's largest automaker.
Old 12-01-2006
Mission Possible
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4

Quote:
Fairly certain there will be no rotary power in the skippy cars. If Mazda works out it could be a reciprocating engine that has similar power to the current Neon engine but can be electronically equalized to slightly different power outputs for different applications (school, regional, national) If the electronic hp tuning is accurate enough there would be no need for a Super Trap.
Let us not cast aside the work of SBRS competition, JRRS. They have successfully managed to make equal cars with the rotary engine. And hey when they say there is a rev limit of 5,600rpm, there is an actual rev-limiter to keep you from going over, what a novel idea. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-2006
Grand Master

Wasn't casting aside the work of anyone Quickster, just reflecting conversations I had with developers of the new car months ago on power plants being considered. A Mazda rotary engine would be awesome but probably overkill on everthing but the national series... in which you made considerable progress this year by the way... Nice work and congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Quik
Let us not cast aside the work of SBRS competition, JRRS. They have successfully managed to make equal cars with the rotary engine. And hey when they say there is a rev limit of 5,600rpm, there is an actual rev-limiter to keep you from going over, what a novel idea. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-2006
Mission Possible

Gallery Images: 4

Quote:
Wasn't casting aside the work of anyone Quickster, just reflecting conversations I had with developers of the new car months ago on power plants being considered. A Mazda rotary engine would be awesome but probably overkill on everthing but the national series... in which you made considerable progress this year by the way... Nice work and congrats.
Roger that. I derived my oppinion from time spent in the Russell cars (looks over both shoulders for an anti-russell-sniper) I believe with gearing, and a little tuning down, they would actualy be awsome. The way the engine responds to throttle input just seems to be, for lack of a better term, more like a race car. Plus they sound cool. (I know whenever we go from running anywhere other than Laguna, to Laguna, we miss that vroom-vroom sound) (to be zoom-zoom soon right?) Mazda boasts 238hp which is a bit more than the supposed 150hp, but as with most things in life, I'm sure it can be tamed down a bit. I nominate myself as a great example of that. (doh! there I go again) Thank you for the kudos, I appreciate it.
Old 12-02-2006
WB RCD Retired at 22

Quote:
Can't find it, but the Speed Channel website had an article on how Mazda is now the most involved company in American motorsports and the do that through many feeder series.
Old 12-02-2006

These days, Mazda provides the best mix potential - direct support of the school/race series, upward ladder to Star Mazda and/or Spec Miata, with the additional vector of adding Miatas in as a "new type of school or race series" for the aspiring sedan driver.

Depending on what they'll provide, should be a good deal.

However, the financial realities of being able to fully exploit these possibilities, effectively, is where I am somewhat suspect - or is it that I'm suspect of something else?

Rotary is fun, "reciprocating" is fine, let's see what happens.

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-02-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: fixed an obvious typo
Old 12-03-2006
administrationistperson

I can't think of a better trainer than a Miata - a pure sports car. Bobo very aptly described his as we slid it around the streets of Daytona - "It's an R/T with a full body".

Mazda would be such a great partner for SB for all the reasons stated here. Make it so....

Last edited by cdh; 12-04-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-04-2006

Is Mazda big with the import tuner crowd? If so, it seems that if the deal with Mazda is real, and SBRS is willing to be a bit creative, they could have access to a completely new group of customers. Three-day drifting school, anyone?
Old 12-04-2006
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

now THAT'S the kind of creative thinking Skippy NEEDS. We've got instructors who drift. It would be a blast!!!!!
Old 12-04-2006
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 14

A blast is right But unfortunately I don't think that enrollment would be enough to justify the development of a program.. One of my friends Ryan (he's actually the one in my avatar in the 69 Camaro) helped to develop the drifting program for Bondoraunt. Supposedlly they only do a couple of those schools a year, usually part as some special program, not even as a "retail" type program.

From all the schools I've worked I kinda doubt the same people that would be really interested in learnin drifting would wanna pony up the $700-$1,110 a day that most Skippy programs run.

Now.. not saying that it's not something that should maybe be looked into. ANYTHING that could help Skippy to grow and prosper SHOULD be..

Also our car control clinics are pretty countured to the ability levels of those participateing.. I've worked CCC's where we spent almost all our time working on simple handbrake slides, because that's the level the student was at, and they wanted to focus on that sort of safety-based manuevers. I've spent others practicing lots of powersliding because thats where that particular student was at.

Incidently.. I've only had 2 students that were able to pulloff a full lap around L.R.'s skidpad in a full powerslide in probally thousand upon thousands of miles right seating in that circle. One was our very own Michael Auriemma ( your welcome MIke ) j/k

sooo.. drifting at Skippy?? maybe... hopefully we just won't be forced to do it in any of those F&F 3 cars....
Old 12-04-2006

Incidently.. I've only had 2 students that were able to pulloff a full lap around L.R.'s skidpad in a full powerslide in probally thousand upon thousands of miles right seating in that circle. One was our very own Michael Auriemma ( your welcome MIke ) j/k

Sure sign of a misspent youth Michael! In 1991 I made almost 3 laps in the old 4 cylinder M3 on the skidpad at Road America with JP in the right seat.
Old 12-04-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Smile Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

I hope the rumor becomes reality. Mazda is a great fit for all of Skip's offerings.

Pat's assumption of using a 4 banger sounds logical. Their 2.3 and 2.0 liter powerplants are reliable and easy to maintain. The 2.0 liter engine is used in both the 3 and MX-5 and puts out 153 and 166 hp respectively. I believe the differences are ECU-related. In both configurations, it's a similar powerplant to the current 2.0 liter engine used in the school cars and R/Ts, making peak torque in the 5000 rpm range, albeit more torque.

With cars such as the RX-8, MX-5, and Mazdaspeed 3 (even the standard 3 is fun), Skip can put an affordable manufacturer driving school back on the menu. The RX-8 would likely be a great skidpad car, but proper testing will determine.

Fingers crossed.
Old 12-05-2006

With all that's been said, I think we forgot to mention that Mazda has naming rights to the Western Series home track - Laguna Seca. I think having Mazda as the new partner would be a tremendous fit for SBRS for this alone - if for nothing more then to have an interest in the top driving school at one of the top tracks around the country all supporting the Mazda brand.

My first car was an RX7 and it was amazing. The rotary engine is bullet proof. The head Mazda mechanic told me one thing when I got the car. As long as there is oil, it's nearly indistructable. I had that car on the red-line every shift for 4 years and it loved it. It was capable of a lot more then the 8K redline.

Everything that I have read about the mazdaspeed 3 suggests that this could be a great powerplant. Would this mean faster cars for the series? Does anyone know the original HP rating of the Dodge powerplants we are currently using and presumably de-tuned?

I would be interested in stepping up to nationals for a couple races just to drive the rotary again and I would even consider re-visiting the classroom if there were a spec-miata SB offering. Whats to come?
Old 12-07-2006

It was pretty strange at Laguna Seca today seeing NO DODGES! But lots of Mazdas. Advanced Car Control Clinic with Miatas instead of Vipers. And not a single Neon to be seen.
Old 12-07-2006
Grand Master

So the Mazda cat has finally slipped out of the bag eh? Gosh... You think that means the deal's been signed?!

Apparently before they were able to pry the Dodge Neon keys away from esteemed instructors Bruce MacInnes, Phil Lombardi, Matt Franc and a host of others they first had to let them test drive a Mazdaspeed 3 for its suitability as a school car. Some surveillance footage of those street tests was shot and was so compelling it has been edited into a pilot for a reality series. Here's a link to that test. Enjoy! (As the movie begins to load be sure and click "Play Full Screen" just below the center of the small screen to fully enjoy the film. SBRS test drive of Mazdaspeed 3

Guess that would make this officially the worst kept secret on the planet...

That PRI tradeshow is just a week away so it shouldn't be too long before we get "official" word that Daimler/Chrysler has purchased Ford/Mazda so it can continue its sponsorship of the SBRS.

Should be awfully "Zoom Zoom" around the SBRS office this holiday season.

This is very good news for all of us... who fit nicely in a Miata

Kidding aside... This is truly great news. Thanks for reporting it.

Were the Miata's and/or other Mazda vehicles Skippy red or were they using other crayons from the box?

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-08-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-08-2006

Question Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdewitt
It was pretty strange at Laguna Seca today seeing NO DODGES! But lots of Mazdas. Advanced Car Control Clinic with Miatas instead of Vipers. And not a single Neon to be seen.
Ahh, but what motors are in the RT's for the scheduled races this weekend? I'd bet a Dodge - Mazda motor swap is no trivial task in the RT's, considering all of the "stuff" that will be in a different location, motor mounts, intake, exhaust, alternator, etc, etc. Are the intake and exhaust even on same sides as the Dodge? Do they even have exhaust systems for the Mazda motors yet? So many questions...
Old 12-08-2006

Question Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

Quote:
Geez, what about Mazda engine block to Ricardo bellhousing adapters for the transaxles? Might be a standard Star or Formula Mazda part, but could you buy 50 or 60 of them off the shelf?
Old 12-08-2006
Grand Master

You'd imagine some sort of transition schedule has been negotiated to phase out the Dodge motors and phase in Mazda.

As you suggest, it will be no small task swapping out motors in the entire fleet and a more interesting question will be whether they put Mazda power in the R/T's at all. If they are close to pulling the trigger on the new car (and what better time to announce a new car than with a new sponsor...) it would be much more practical to leave the Dodge motors in the R/T's through the end of their service life. Just swap the Dodge decals for Mazda decals on the cars and leave the Neon motors in there short term. Easy for me to say... Only time will tell. I'd be dangerous if I actually knew something. This is all just speculation.

Quote:
Ahh, but what motors are in the RT's for the scheduled races this weekend? I'd bet a Dodge - Mazda motor swap is no trivial task in the RT's, considering all of the "stuff" that will be in a different location, motor mounts, intake, exhaust, alternator, etc, etc. Are the intake and exhaust even on same sides as the Dodge? Do they even have exhaust systems for the Mazda motors yet? So many questions...

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-08-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2006

Quote:
You'd imagine some sort of transition schedule has been negotiated to phase out the Dodge motors and phase in Mazda..
I can't see any other option in the short term.

Quote:
Only time will tell. I'd be dangerous if I actually knew something. This is all just speculation.
Speculation is the life-blood of an interesting forum.

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-08-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2006

Quote:
As you suggest, it will be no small task swapping out motors in the entire fleet and a more interesting question will be whether they put Mazda power in the R/T's at all. If they are close to pulling the trigger on the new car (and what better time to announce a new car than with a new sponsor...) it would be much more practical to leave the Dodge motors in the R/T's through the end of their service life. Just swap the Dodge decals for Mazda decals on the cars and leave the Neon motors in there short term. Easy for me to say... Only time will tell. I'd be dangerous if I actually knew something. This is all just speculation.
Methinks thee doest protest too much...

SBR has a bunch of Neon crate motors and they go about 30K miles in RTs. Use them as boat anchors? Misnaming has happened before.

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-08-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2006
Grand Master

The older I get the more I realize how little I truly know.

Dodge is so completely associated with the R/T's that it's hard to imagine those cars with another brand name on them. It would be a little bit like GM taking a Subaru SVX and putting SAAB badges on it and calling it a... Oh wait... umm...
Like I said... rebadging the R/T's should work just fine!

Guess we're all driving new vintage Mazdaspeed 2000's now!

I'm feeling zoom-zoomier already.

Quote:
Methinks thee doest protest too much...

SBR has a bunch of Neon crate motors and they go about 30K miles in RTs. Use them as boat anchors? Misnaming has happened before.
Old 12-08-2006
Big Dick

We will call it the Mazda 10 R/T2000. Got it?

Ok, for those who haven't figured it out, 10 is the atomic number of Neon (NE).
Old 12-08-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert
We will call it the Mazda 10 R/T2000. Got it?

Ok, for those who haven't figured it out, 10 is the atomic number of Neon (NE).
I like it. Will management?
Old 12-08-2006

Quote:
drive of Mazdaspeed 3
Were the Miata's and/or other Mazda vehicles Skippy red or were they using other crayons from the box?
The colors are all over the place. Ricky Schmidt says the cars were a bunch that were on a ship that had a problem and, though they weren't damaged, they couldn't actually sell any of the cars from that ship. Now, we all know how much of what he's full of most of the time , but...
Old 12-08-2006
Grand Master

Doubt management will have much say.

If Mazda wants to call it the Zoom Zoom Super Whizzer Moe, Larry & Curly Joe, Pork Rind Special guess what it will be called?

Having said that, surpassing the Dodge R/T 2000 moniker would seem well within the grasp of Mazda creatives.

So far we've got Vintage Mazdaspeed 2000 and Mazda 10 R/T 2000. Any other suggestions?

Quote:
I like it. Will management?
I've heard of picking up damaged goods that fell off a truck for cheap but what kind of "problem" does a ship have to have to make the cars onboard usable but unsellable? Hhmm... Just more life blood for an interesting forum.

Quote:
The colors are all over the place. Ricky Schmidt says the cars were a bunch that were on a ship that had a problem and, though they weren't damaged, they couldn't actually sell any of the cars from that ship. Now, we all know how much of what he's full of most of the time , but...

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-08-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2006

I wasn't there for Ricky's story, my wife was. She was taking Advanced Car Control and I was out lapping at the time. She said something about a ship that ran aground. or took on water and was listing, or something like that. I can try to ask tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2006
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Probably has something to do with maritime insurance law.
Old 12-08-2006
Grand Master

Ahh... In the spirit of interesting forum fodder... If there was enough damage to a ship and/or its cargo to trigger a full value insurance claim and the ship was then refloated without further damage to the cargo you could wind up with a load of mostly usable cars that are unregisterable because they've already been legally declared as damaged goods and been paid for as such. Their titles would be the property of the insurance company which wouldn't be able to sell them because of their history. It would be like trying to sell cars from a Hurrican Katrina new car lot. There might be a bunch of undamaged cars that were sitting on high ground but no one can verify it and no one will buy one.

And that concludes my creative writing for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.griese
Probably has something to do with maritime insurance law.

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-09-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2006

If I am not mistaken, there was a ship recently that listed on its side when the ballast water was improperly removed from the hull. I believe the cargo contained new cars from Japan. Seems like there were a lot of cars that were pre-dented beyond the point of being able to fix them and sell them as new.
Old 12-09-2006

Quote:
Yup, you're right -

Will have to get the details, but a ship DID turtle, the USCG did an amazing crew rescue, the ship was on it's side, was towed, righted and drained in Alaska....and THAT explains the fish smell in the Mazda's rolling around at Laguna Seca this weekend.

You might recall Volvo lost around 3,000 XC90's when they were launched and the car carrier literally SANK in the North Sea enroute to the US...made quite the story when they found "pirates" trying to salvage the ship and the cars in it.
Old 12-09-2006

Quote:
Ahh... In the spirit of interesting forum fodder... If there was enough damage to a ship and/or its cargo to trigger a full value insurance claim and the ship was then refloated without further damage to the cargo you could wind up with a load of mostly usable cars that are unregisterable because they've already been legally declared as damaged goods and been paid for as such. Their titles would be the property of the insurance company which wouldn't be able to sell them because of their history. It would be like trying to sell cars from a Hurrican Katrina new car lot. There might be a bunch of undamaged cars that were sitting on high ground but no one can verify it and no one will buy one.

And that concludes my creative writing for the day.
BTW all you need to do is pick one of the VINs off the cars and do a Carfax - it would (legally) have to show as SALVAGE.
Old 12-09-2006
Grand Master

So the driving school and car control clinics will be working from a fleet of pre-trashed cars...

Bookmark This Thread