Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 05-21-2010
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Monticello bidding for USGP

I was forwarded a copy of an email sent by the president of Monticello yesterday, which has now been outed publicly by other sources, so here it is:
Quote:
Dear member,

Within the next day, you may read that Formula 1 (F1) is planning a return to the United States and has their sights on a special location in New York: Monticello Motor Club.

A few months ago, Bill McMichael and I met with Bernie Ecclestone, President/CEO of Formula One Management (FOM), and discussed the terms for an exclusive 10-year United States Grand Prix to be hosted at MMC.  Shortly thereafter, Hermann Tilke, the chief engineer and circuit designer for F1, spent time at MMC and confirmed that our track and surrounding properties, with some expansion and minor track modifications, is an excellent location for a Grand Prix.  Since receiving a letter of understanding from FOM confirming their hope to bring the US Grand Prix to Monticello, Bill and I have continued to secure the backing and support of local, state, and federal politicians and organizations.  

If F1 comes to Monticello, our intent is to preserve MMC as, first and foremost, a private country club.  Obviously, demand will accelerate as well as the initiation fee for new members.  But securing F1 is like winning the Olympics, competition is fierce, and this is not a done deal.  While the prospect of F1 at MMC is exciting, we remain focused on our core business: the club and its members.

At this juncture, we are simply honored that F1 is considering our venue as the future, exclusive home for the US Grand Prix.  It would transform the region into one of the motorsports capitals of the world, bring thousands of jobs to Sullivan County, inject over $100M each year into the local economy, and place your private club in the company of famous racing circuits like Monza and Spa. 

Please feel free to contact me with any questions via mobile – xxx – or email xxx.

Warmest regards,

Ari

Ari Straus, President

Monticello Motor Club
Old 05-22-2010
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Monticello bidding for USGP

Do they have the infrastructure nearby to handle a US Grand Prix? Airport, hotels, restaurants etc and doesn't Bernie charge a kings ransom to show up? Seems like a long shot but hey... you never know... Sure would be nice to have one so relatively close to home for those of us in the NY metropolitan area.
Old 05-25-2010
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Right now Ari S. and Bill M. are calling Bernie and asking him why he didn't kiss them first.

Hey, I noticed that I just hit 3k posts.. it only took 6 years and a bazillion dollars!
Old 05-25-2010
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

My only question is... What took you so long?!

Welcome to the club Dude. It's about time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
Right now Ari S. and Bill M. are calling Bernie and asking him why he didn't kiss them first.

Hey, I noticed that I just hit 3k posts.. it only took 6 years and a bazillion dollars!

Bookmark This Thread