Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 06-18-2006
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Smile New Member Introduction Thread - Please stop in and say Hello

Welcome to Team Juicy Racing, the unofficial home of The Skip Barber Racing Series! Thanks for taking the time to register. We look forward to your participation.

If you just registered, or even if you've been a member for a while but just haven't plunged in with your first post, please use this thread to informally introduce yourself and tell us a bit about why you're here. Our goal is to make TJR an even more vibrant community, and to that goal we encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas.

These are suggested (not required) questions to get the ball rolling.

We'd love to know:

1. What brought you to TJR and how you heard about us?

2. What profession, studies or stage of life are you currently in and what are your special interests outside of racing?

3. Assuming you have a passion for racing... How did that passion start and what forms of racing are you currently involved in or have past involvement with as a driver or supporter?

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and interests with us as we look forward to sharing ours with you going forward.

Welcome Aboard!

The TJR Gang

---
(thanks to DalyDuo for writing this up)
Old 06-20-2006
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: New Member Introduction Thread - Please stop in and say Hello

Thank you all for making me feel at home. I live in the NY -NJ area and have always had a passion for anything that moves quickly. I would assume I share that passion with everyone here as well as all those who have driven any number of vehicles on land, sea, or air.
I was always enamoured with the likes of Jackie Stewart, Fittipaldi, Donahue, Andretti, etc. As a kid I had the opportunity to meet and become close friends with the top rated world class power boat champion who took me under his wing as a protege and friend. I never achieved his level of success but the passion was there and has remained. Over the years while raising a family I chose to devote my efforts to my kids and stay home. Now that they are out of the house it's time for me. Thank you SB!
I attended my first race weekend this year at WG and was amazed at how approachable all of you were. I was understandably nervous and all of you helped with the miriad of questions. Gerardo and Chris Wilcox were there and took some time and gave friendly advise and made me feel welcome. DO NOT CRASH! (they did not say that!).Additionally I had the opportunity to speak with and do a lead follow with Jim Pace whom I have come to regard in the highest of levels. He could not have been more kind.The race weekend was an incredibly humbling experience as I was very slow by comparison to the more experienced racers. Spirits not dampened however and the July LR race is one where I hope to see some improvements.
Thanks again to all of you and I look forward to meeting you.
Old 06-20-2006

Sorry to drone on...I forgot to mention a special thanks as well to Phil Lombardi. Obviously the entire SB crew as well
Old 06-20-2006
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Great start Jeff! You're already taking advantage of the best SB has to offer and progress should come quickly. The continuation of the school environment (feedback after every session) really compresses the learning curve. It's been said that a year of running the race series equals about 3 years of SCCA racing on your own in terms of learning line and race craft. Good stuff.

See you at LRP in July
Old 06-23-2006
Mission Possible

Gallery Images: 4

I guess its easier to learn the hard way, it will first be you to learn and benefit from this lesson.

Last edited by Mr.Quik; 06-23-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2006

Mr Quick I am completely confused by what you have written here and on other postings. I sense an anger or sarcasm and forgive me but as a new person learning the ropes both here and at the track I have tremendous respect and admiration for other racers in both places. They are not only seasoned professionals but have been incredibly kind and informative to me and made my experiences something I will remember for a lifetime. Their technical skills and knowledge are extraordinary.

Last edited by dalyduo; 06-23-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2006
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

This is a big step for me i still have trouble sending e-mails so this is my first post even though i visit TJR to keep up on Skippy race info and any race topics in general. So you recognize who this is i will give out some hints. I should be a midwest driver but allways show up at the eastern series my helmet is blue and white with a viper logo on the front. Look forward to seeing everyone soon at the next race i can attend. Good luck to all the drivers at R/A this weekend wish i could be there to.

MJD
Old 06-30-2006
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Hey Mike, I knew it was you before I checked your profile, it was that Eastern/Midwestern thing that confused me editing the year end videos (I put Mike all over the Eastern version). Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJD
This is a big step for me i still have trouble sending e-mails so this is my first post even though i visit TJR to keep up on Skippy race info and any race topics in general. So you recognize who this is i will give out some hints. I should be a midwest driver but allways show up at the eastern series my helmet is blue and white with a viper logo on the front. Look forward to seeing everyone soon at the next race i can attend. Good luck to all the drivers at R/A this weekend wish i could be there to.

MJD

Last edited by cdh; 06-30-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2006
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Mikey! Great to see you finally jump in!
Old 06-30-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Hey Mike!

When are you going to race again with us?

Chris

Last edited by dalyduo; 07-01-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2006

Wow! I knew you guys had site put together but this is the first time I've seen it.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to RA this weekend. I was looking forward to it but I have been sick as a dog all week. It would have been great to see everyone again and maybe sneak myself into a memorial race.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know me I was a skippy mechanic, crew chief, even team manager. I worked mostly midwest and southern series but tried my hand at east coast team manager shortly before getting myself transferred back to the midwest where I was a little more comfortable.

As of now I work for Team Australia / Walker Racing. There are five skippy guys and one skippy girl working for us. You would not believe the amount of skippy alumni in the paddock. It's good to know that skippy doesn't just put out great drivers but great mechanics as well.

Well, I'm glad I found this. It's a good way to keep track of what alot of old friends are up to.

Looking forward to the ChampCar weekend in RA. Hopefully Seibkins doesn't get me fired. Aiyeee!

Dave Arnold - sbrs '98-'05
Old 07-02-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

I'm glad I found this web site. Im 18 years old, live in Birmingham, Alabama, and my first word was car. As far as I can remember, I would be waking up early on Sundays to watch the F1 races, and racing back from church to catch the Nascar race. Now to the good stuff. I have always wanted to be a race car driver since I was a kid, but I knew that if I didnt start of karting I really would have a chance. My parents were horrified at the idea and it sort of stopped there. However, I convinced them to let me attend a SB 3 day out at VIR in June, (I believe I had Phil and Nick as some of my instructors) and I did better than I thought I would, as I figured I would get blown away since I had never karted before. I had other plans as well, but my parents not liking the idea are making me pay for everything now. I was going to attend Road America, with a 2-day advanced, car control, and then a mid-western regional race, but i was a few dollars short. I then decided to do the Bertil-Roos 2 day advanced at VIR and had a blast. I hope to participate in the school and race activities at Mid-Ohio in september, and the southern regional race series as well, but I just need to find a bank to rob. I will be going to the University of Alabama next year, majoring in Mechanical engineering. (it was the closest thing to cars.) Current forms of racing? Besides the two 8 laps races at bertil roos, basically putting my mini cooper too the limit in every corner. I found this site on google, and Im hear basically to learn and get experience from drivers who have done it before me, and who are where I want to be.
Thanks,
Thomas
Old 07-02-2006
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

don't make jokes about robbing banks b/c someone actually did that to race.
Old 07-02-2006

Fine....the lottery instead.
Old 07-02-2006
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arig
don't make jokes about robbing banks b/c someone actually did that to race.
I think the story is that a cop looked at the video and realized that instead of a ski mask, the guy was wearing a balaclava! He checked out what racing was going on, found a Skip event, and the cops showed up and arrested they guy. I think they asked the SB folks 'who paid in cash?'!! The guy had gone around the country racing and robbing banks. Each time, he would just ask for enough for that weekend!
Old 07-02-2006
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

yes, and he would ask the teller for only the amount of cash needed to cover the race weekend. A pattern developed of robberies near race tracks with SB events....2 + 2 = slammer.

Dr. Greist is correct - we are all addicted.

Old 07-02-2006
Grand Master

SuperDave! Big smiles seeing your post and how well you are doing. We miss you already in the Skippy paddock. Would love to see your buddies sign up and start some crew threads or even a crew forum. You guys are the unsung hero's of this sport and we'd love to know your issues and what you're thinking... in all your spare time of course! At least keep us updated on your own adventures.

Welcome aboard Thomas! You are in exactly the right place. We have many members at all experience levels who enjoy helping those starting out just as they were helped when they were newbies. Work hard (And keep buying those lottery tickets!) so you'll be putting money in the bank for your racing career, rather than robbing one.
Old 07-05-2006

Hello,

Most of you probably know me, but for those of you who dont, I am Jonathan Goring and I race in the National Series. I currently sit 3rd in points and am looking to win the Championship, and hopefully get some sponsorship and race Star Mazda in 07.

Feel free to check out my website,
http://www.jonathangoring.com

Jonathan
"I felt as though I were driving through a tunnel. The whole circuit became a tunnel...I had reached such a high level of concentration that it was if the car and I had become one. Together we were at the maximum. I was giving the car everything and vise versa." -- Ayrton Senna
Old 07-06-2006

Hi, I've been living a mile and a half off turn one at Road America for over thirty years, listening to the glorious sounds when carried by the winds and finally ventured out to actually watch a race some years later. I believe it was the Chicago Historics when it was run by Joe Marchetti from Chicago who dealt in vintage Ferraris. As such, there was a lot of Ferrari participation and I had just joined the rank of owners in '87 when I purchased an '84 308gtsi, which I still have.
I then joined the Ferrari Club of America and particpated in their annual meet at Road America in '88 and had my first track experience, albeit with speed restrictions. I remember braking and downshifting to third gear going into the kink; the last time I had the 308 on track going into the kink, I was winding up 4th and grabbing 5th. I diverse. After beating up my car with FCA at RA, Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen, and also observing a lot of poor drivers at the vintage races, I thought ' I could do that!' I met a guy at the Mecum Auction who just bought a Lotus Jr. open wheel monoposto and said I'd like to try racing but didn't quite know how to go about it. He suggested Skip Barber and was very emphatic about how I would have the time of my life. I was 57 years old at the time (I'm 62 now, 63 in Sep') and signed up for my 3 day at the last school at RA in 2000. finished my advanced activities in '01 and ran my first race week-end right after the WTC terrorist attack. It dampened the week-end, but I knew I wanted to come back the following year. Racing has such a different feel to it from just driving laps whether with FCA or Track Time or even Skip Barber. I worked my way up from doing one week-end a year to two, to three, and then finally a full season. I find it hard justifying to myself spending so much on such frivolity, but then I said 'it's my money, I earned it, and I can't take it with me.'
I always figured if I ever put a name on my racing team (I also run (make that try to run an '84 Reynard FC in regional SCCA events, but that's another long story; believe me, you get your money's worth racing with Skip Barber.), I would name it 'Heirs in Despair.'
So that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Oh, by the way, I heard of Team Juicy when Sid was selling TJ hats at Mont Tremblant last year and asked what that was all about. I was told to visit the web site,and did some viewing as a guest. Sy's recent changed to requiring a log on worked to get me involved.
Fine, now I have one more thing to fit into my life; gee, thanks Sy.
Old 07-06-2006
Grand Master

Great story Andrew.
Welcome aboard.... A mile and a half from turn one at RA. Now that's convenient!
Thanks for jumping in. We look forward to your continued contributions at the track and on TJR! Good stuff.
Old 07-06-2006

Hey everyone. I'm George.
If you ran a Skippy race in the last 2 years, odds are good, I worked on your car. I was mainly on the Midwest/Southern crew, but also did a handfull of East and West coast races. Then, this spring, I made the move to Indy to work on slightly faster cars. Nowadays I can be found in the Walker Racing shop working on the Formula BMWs, the Atlantics, or even the Champ Cars. Hopefully I'll make it to a Skippy race soon to help out, or maybe Ill race, or I could just try and remember how to be a spectator.
Old 07-06-2006
Grand Master

Thanks for the update George. Love that backwards-airborne Aston avatar. One of the best!
Old 07-14-2006

New to TJR

Hello All,
My name is Ameer Qalbani and this is my first post. I am 24, live in Chicago, and am just starting to race. I am planning to race at Mont Tremblant at the end of the month.
Regards,
Ameer
Old 07-14-2006

Gallery Images: 36

Welcome to TJR, Ameer. There will be many of us at Mont Tremblant. If this will be your first race with Skip Barber, be sure to have your race series advisor line up a mentor for you. See you in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-15-2006
Grand Master

Re: New to TJR

Welcome Ameer,
You couldn't pick a more beautiful location or better track for your first event. Should be lots of fun... We'll look forward to meeting you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qalbani
Hello All,
My name is Ameer Qalbani and this is my first post. I am 24, live in Chicago, and am just starting to race. I am planning to race at Mont Tremblant at the end of the month.
Regards,
Ameer
Old 07-16-2006
Skippy Girl
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

Dave,
Just read the thread. Glad to hear what you are up to...and that you found us. Keep us posted!!!
-Ashlei

- At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Japan
Old 07-17-2006

The Skip Barber Race Activities are for me the best stepping stone to pro racing’s upper ranks!

Hi, i am Jackie Weiss (15) from Las Vegas, i found your site at google, searching for formula racing...

Look up more Info, Photos and Videos at my official website.

see you at the racetrack
Jackie
Old 07-21-2006

Hi everyone.
Well I'm glad I just found out of this great web searching at google! Great idea guys. I see now this is like a family
I just wanted to say hello to everyone and obviously to thank everyone I knew last month.
I had just 2 fantastic weeks!!!
I learned a loooot. I have to thanks all the instructors!!!
I can't forget all the mechanics: they always do a great job and I have to think of them especially after that wrecked car, I hope it survived!
Right now we're looking for some sponsors here in Colombia and hopefully I think I'll be able to race again from late august!
I just want to race again! It's amazing!
So I hope to see some of you as soon as possible
Meanwhile I'll keep racing in my gokarts and stay in contact thanks to this awesome page.
Old 07-26-2006
red mist junkie

This is my Skippy story; its mostly true with names deleted to protect my meager bank account from civil action.
As a Dodge dealer in 1985 we went down for a two day intro to high performance driving (very low performance). The Skippy guys were the guiny pigs for all of us with lead in our shoes and head. They were very brave riding with us around Pocono raceway.
Over the years chrysler has hired Skippy to handle dealer intros for many cars. The Viper intro in Vegas was the best ( we only got to ride, but what a ride!) My wife took the full on fast ride and loved it. The guy in front of her said to the crazed driver, " This car cant hold a candle to my Corvette" Big Mistake !
He must have gotten quite a ride.... he made the driver SLOW DOWN!, then burned his Italian silk suit on the sidepipes ! Turned to my wife and accused her driver of taking it easy on the girl. not!
I now knew these guys were going to be fun.
So I signed up for my 3 day at Watkins Glen (spent so much time outside the fences, this had to be the place.)
Signed in at the Glen Motor Inn. You know the place, world class photos of cars and drivers on the wall, walls made of paper, and I swear, the matress I slept on was the same matress that Denise Hulme slept on in 1967.

We have all had fun learning in our three day class, learning to heel and toe, proper line, threshold braking, and the first real thrill of going around the historic Watkins Glen long course.
But my class had really interesting people in attendance.
1) The NY city lawyer (this man embodied every single stereotype a lawyer can have; I swear even his car came to hate him by the end)
2) The spin doctor ( A very nice man who expressed no interest in performance driving... his friends chipped in and gave him the school as a presant..hmmm trying to tell him something?)
3) The ladies from MIT ( This was the third of five straight 3 day classes they were taking; Because in the three day, you don't have to pay for crash damage! good thing!)
4) The Senior tour ( This man was most interesting. He was retired andhad signed up for classes at all of the great tracks.... The Glen, Road America, Laguna Seca etc...
He had a terminal speed of about 50mph, and I thinkl I lapped him every 3 or four laps. How could this man have been going fast enough to crash at Sebring? He hit the wall in the last turn.
Each day would start the same ... The nyc lawyer woul ask to drive his Ferrari on the track... instructor would say No...he'd say why?...instructor would say "because I said so"
Then we would lineup for our warm up lap to warm up the brakes, and lawyer would pass all of us on the straight, hit his cold brakes and land in the kittylitter at the bus stop... lack flag....line up again, go down the backstraight, hit his cold brakes and land in the kittylitter at the busstop again.....black flag again
At the end of the day "can I drive my Ferrari on the track?" NO

The women from MIT were the best, They were learning to drive so they could come up with a computer program that would manage over or understeer for the driver. However, they argued with the instructors constantly.... like this
Instructor; "you need to take the rain line through the laces"
MIT;" I know what I'm doing"
Inst; "There is a lot of water coming across the track"
MIT; " I know what I'm doing, I have a PHD from Harvard in Computer science, what degree do you have?'
Inst; "I don't have a PHD"
MIT; "So, I know what I'm doing, and you don't"
Inst; "But I'm the driving teacher and you need to be on the rain line in this corner"
MIT; " I know what I'm doing!"

I watched all of this from the back seat of the NEON, really amusing.
Time to get back in the school car
As I followed MIT down into the laces(still wet), she drove the dry line in. As I rounded the corner, a lot of dirt was on the track and then a nosecone and then a pretty sad looking Skippy car.
My thought at this time was, "How can they download to a computer all of this driving instruction when they can't drive? You know the phrase 'Garbage in.......'
Well at least they dont have to pay crash damage in the 3 day.
NOTE: Last year I found out that they had a large part in coming up with the DaimlerChrysler ESP traction system!!!!!!

Finally the SPIN DOCTOR. He really was a doctor. His wife came along to cheerlead. She was as interested as we were in the class training. She rode in every van trip to watch a corner.
The spin doctor had an unusual line through the corner; Inside;Outside;Spin; Continue. His speed into the corner was never too extreme, but, he saved his braking for the latest possile moment; namely in the middle of the turn. Hence; he became the spin doctor. We never told his wife untill it slipped out the last day when he came by on his last lap of the school. I said "here comes the spin Doctor, he came; he spun; he continued. His wife was right beside me! She laughed, thank God. But when he came into the pits she was very forceful when she informed him of his new name,and that she would be driving home from now on.

So dear readers, this was my 3 day, and my other students were just as entertaining to me. I certainly hope I was entertaining to them. The whole Skippy experience is Great instruction, Fun and skilled teachers, great tracks and very interesting classmates. In each school I have taken, the people are the most fulfilling part, be they instructor, student, or family.

Thanks for allowing so much room.
And by the way " Can I take the Ferrari around the track?

Last edited by dalyduo; 07-27-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2006

I've worked a bunch of 3 days with all of these types of students. And it never gets old watching them spin.
Old 07-26-2006
Grand Master

Wonderful. Your story kind of makes the case for that old saying that the only thing harder than telling a woman how to drive is telling a man how to drive.

Big laughs and smiles George. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2006
red mist junkie

Sorry about that
It should be
"GarBage in...
sometimes I can be so dumb
Old 07-27-2006
Grand Master

The spelling bee has fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE
Sorry about that
It should be
"GarBage in...
sometimes I can be so dumb
Old 08-05-2006

shout out to all you racers. i've been a race fan for many years (ok, i'm a masters driver). just attended a 3 day formula racing school with a competitor...sorry, just worked out better schedule wise. totally got the bug but need a cash infusion, if you know what i mean. looking forward to lapping practice and improving my driving skills. hope to race in 07.
Old 08-23-2006
Velocimember
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

hello all...glad to have found you...

i ran into skip at the greenwich concours and he told me about this site but couldn't remember its name...then i had dinner with bruce a couple of weeks ago and he got me hooked up...

for those who don't remember me or never met me, i did my first skippy school in 1978...started in the race series right after and competed in the eastern series until 2002, when two serious back surgeries did in my formula racing days...now i am racing a porsche gt/rsr and am enjoying the springs and seat enormously...

i am looking forward to re-connecting with many old friends on this forum...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -WOW---What A Ride!
Old 08-24-2006
Fund Raiser Racer

how about you come and visit us .AND BUY ME DINNER.

nice to know you are still around

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 08-24-2006
Velocimember

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgersid
how about you come and visit us .AND BUY ME DINNER.

nice to know you are still around

ok, sid, your on...just don't ask for a mechanics fund contribution...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -WOW---What A Ride!
Old 08-24-2006
Grand Master

No... Sid will just order in dinner for the two of you and all the mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMAIA
ok, sid, your on...just don't ask for a mechanics fund contribution...
Old 08-24-2006

hello everyone, been watchin this forum for about 2 months now and figured it was time to say hello. took the 3 day at mid ohio in 99' in the wet and have been hooked ever since. never raced yet but love to lap the RT's every year at mid ohio, laguna, and my favorite RA. I'll be lapping this wednesday on the 30th at mid ohio. Hope to see you guys there.
Old 08-24-2006

Rsteve:

Welcome and think about racing! You will triple your fun. Hope to see you out at Mid O!
Old 09-07-2006
Chris Hawley

Howdy everyone,

First time poster here. My name is Chris Hawley. I competed in my first Skip Barber races this past weekend at Mid-Ohio. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The atmosphere was great and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Incidently, this forum seems to have a similar feel. Hopefully I'll be sticking around here for a while.

Chris
Old 09-07-2006
Grand Master

Thumbs up Re: New Member Introduction Thread - Please stop in and say Hello

Thanks for checking in Chris...

Welcome aboard!

You did have a pretty good first race weekend with two podiums and your first win right out of the box! Woof!

Well, you've set a high standard to live up to but you seem to have your head in the right place as your comment was about how much fun you had with no mention of the win!. Good Job and Congratulations!

We look forward to more of your participation on TJR and at the track.

PS You might want to change your profile from "Future Racer" to "Racer" since you've definitely crossed that threshold. :-)
Old 09-07-2006
Chris Hawley

Thanks for the warm welcome, Pat.
Old 09-14-2006

Hey all you Juice heads, or should I say Juicy Heads!

Its Jared Fisher, I finally registered after visting TJR.com for a couple of months.

Some of you might know me from the paddocks of the Eastern Series some of you might not.

I enjoy long walks on the beach and quiet picnics...wait, wait wrong website.

I am a second generation racer and soon to be second generation bankruptcy claimant. My addiction began at the age of 11 in 4-cycle karts and now this is my second full year with the SBRS. After sitting here tyring to think up the other loves in my life I realized I only love racing (probably why I can't keep a woman). Although if I had to say anything else about myself I am a rabid NY JETS fan and have been known to frequent the occasional keg party (probably 2 more reasons I can't keep a woman).

Anyway I guess that is enough for now, I don't want to incriminate myself all on the first night. Thanks for the TJR guys for putting this together so I can now take my SBRS family home from the races.
Old 09-14-2006

Welcome Jared! And it's been more like a year than 6 months. I remember you saying you would register at the Banquet last October. Keep up the good results buddy!
Old 09-15-2006

Talk about late to the party. Nice to see you on line Jared!
Old 09-15-2006
Grand Master

Welcome to the party Jared! Better late than.... whatever
You could amend that line for the other website to...
"Enjoy long walks in gravel traps and quiet paddocks"
Old 09-15-2006

Ari, you got me. I did say that I would sign up last year. I guess I am a bit what people call a procrastinator...but I made it!

Chris...it is called fashionably late. All the young guys are doing it.

Pat, unfortunately after Mid-O I would have to say I like long periods of time stuck in gravel traps...only to have to be pulled out by 2 (yes 2) trucks. But if it helps me score chicks, I'll write it.
Old 09-21-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Hey everybody my name is Zach Ply and I found the team juicy web site by searching for Skip Barber Forums. And this is exactly what is was looking for. It seems like a great place to learn more about racing at Skip Barber. I am racing for the first time at Road America this coming weekend with Skip. I have scheduled to do my 2 Day Advanced, Lead Follow lapping, computer cars, practice, qual, races all in one week. I have been into racing for sometime now thru motocross and supercross. I got into tracking/racing through being a member at the autobahn country club. I live and work in Joliet, IL as a mechanic at a performance shop. I am looking forward to this coming week and race weekend. It should really be a great time.

Zach
Old 09-22-2006
Grand Master

Welcome Zach,

You're in the right place. Thanks for joining. We look forward to your progress as a driver and contributions as a TJR member. Looks like you're ready to have some serious fun at Road America. :-)

Good Luck!
Pat

Bookmark This Thread