Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 06-09-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

New SBRS Partership with Tag Heuer

TAG HEUER REINFORCES 150 YEARS OF MASTERING SPEED
WITH SKIP BARBER RACING SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP

Springfield, N.J., June 9, 2011–To underscore its longstanding passion for motorsports, TAG Heuer today announced a partnership with the Skip Barber Racing School as the official, exclusive Timekeeper and Watch.

The official partnership with Skip Barber Racing establishes TAG Heuer as the official Watch and Timekeeper of Skip Barber Racing School and its’ race series programs. From the classroom to the track, the partnership weaves Skip Barber Racing School and TAG Heuer together on-site, offering visitors an immersive experience from the moment they step onto the world-class race tracks. A custom, limited-edition TAG Heuer logo timepiece will also be created to commemorate the partnership.

“We are honored to have TAG Heuer on board as a partner,” said Skip Barber Racing School CEO Michael Culver. “TAG Heuer and Skip Barber Racing School are a great fit as both brands represent passion and enthusiasm for sports, and precision, optimism and professionalism for all of our customers’ endeavors.”

“As the premier automotive education and entertainment company in the world, Skip Barber Racing School is the natural choice to highlight TAG Heuer’s passion for motorsports,” said Ulrich Wohn President and CEO for TAG Heuer North America. “By underscoring the importance a fraction of a second makes, the racing school program offers TAG Heuer customers a unique opportunity to understand our obsession for accurately measuring smaller and smaller increments of time.”
TAG Heuer’s Racing DNA
When Edouard Heuer founded TAG Heuer in 1860, he recognized that his timepieces needed to be more accurate and precise than ever to keep up with the tempo of the new era that was dawning. Over the next several years, he went on to paten chronographs that used a revolutionary mechanism—the oscillating pinion—which is still in used today. Avid motorists, the Heuer’s embarked on a century and a half of creating the most precise, avant-garde and innovative timepieces to capture the racing spirit. With a heritage of racing DNA, TAG Heuer is the first watch brand to partner with top racing drivers as well as the first to sponsor a Formula 1 team—the legendary Scuderia Ferrari.
Today, TAG Heuer continues to create luxurious chronographs and demonstrate a passion for accurately measuring even the smallest increment of time with a precision of 1/10th, 1/100th, 1/1,000th and 1/10,000th of a second.
###
About TAG
About TAG Heuer
TAG Heuer celebrates “150 years of Motor Racing” in 2011. Founded in Saint-Imier in 1860 by Edouard Heuer, TAG Heuer has set many major milestones of high-end watchmaking, especially in the field of chronographs and ultimate precision. Today, one of the largest and most desired brands in the luxury watch industry, the Swiss legend draws upon its active engagement in the world of sports to create the most accurate timing instruments and watches in the world. TAG Heuer is the first watchmaker to master luxury chronographs with an unsurpassed precision of 1/10th, 1/100th, 1/1,000th and 1/10,000 of a second. From the Olympic Games in the 1920s to its role as official timekeeper for Formula One in the 90s and the legendary Indy 500 race today, TAG Heuer, in a constant quest for innovation, excellence, performance and prestige, continues to aim ever higher. This is reflected in its partnerships with F1 team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and its World Champions Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, Audi Sport in the Le Mans 24 Hours endurance race, and the Automobile Club de Monaco and its full roster of prestigious racing events. Now actively engaged in the Monaco Grand Prix, the Le Mans 24 and the Indy 500, TAG Heuer is ‘’Mastering Speed’’ on motorsport’s 3 most iconic racetracks. More than ever, the brand epitomizes prestige and performance through active partnerships with Hollywood icon Leonardo DiCaprio, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, LPGA star Suzann Pettersen and WTA tennis champion Maria Sharapova. TAG Heuer is a privileged member of the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie (FHH), the most exclusive club in the Swiss watchmaking industry. The newest additions to the TAG Heuer legacy are: the Calibre 1887, an in-house, Swiss manufactured, integrated column-wheel chronograph movement that pays tribute to the original Heuer oscillating pinion of 1887, one of the brand's first patents and a major benchmark in modern watchmaking; and the Heuer Carrera Mikrograph 1/100th Second Chronograph, the first ever column wheel integrated mechanical chronograph with 1/100th of a second display by a central hand, which pays tribute to the legendary Heuer Mikrograph stopwatch of 1916.

The TAG HEUER CARRERA 1887 CHRONOGRAPH has been named the 2010 Swiss Watch of the Year in the Grand Prix de l'Horlogerie de Genève’s prestigious “La Petite Aiguille” (“Small Hand”) category.

TAG Heuer's “150 Years of Mastering Speed” celebrations in 2011 commemorate the brand's unrivalled heritage in motor sports, which include such historic contributions as the 1911 patent for 'Time of Trip', the world’s first dashboard chronograph. As part of the celebrations, a unique exhibition showcasing TAG Heuer’s greatest racing partners and motorsport-inspired timepieces will tour major cities and racing capitals. Four-time F1 World Champion Alain Prost, a friend of the brand since the 1980s, is the “Mastering Speed” Special Ambassador.

About Skip Barber Racing School
For 36 years, Skip Barber Racing School has operated a fully integrated system of racing schools, driving schools, racing championships, corporate events and OEM events across North America producing more motorsports champions than any other organization of its kind; their alumni have gone on to win every major auto-racing championship in the United States.
###
For information:
TagheuerPR.NA@Tagheuer.com
Old 06-09-2011
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: New SBRS Partership with Tag Heuer

HMMMMMMMMM !
Any Discounts on the horizon for active skippy drivers !
I would look good leaning over my car with a new TAG around my wrist
Is there a special Skippy Edition coming.
Ron
Old 06-10-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarab View Post
HMMMMMMMMM !
Any Discounts on the horizon for active skippy drivers !
I would look good leaning over my car with a new TAG around my wrist
Is there a special Skippy Edition coming.
Ron
This is me, holding my breath while I wait for my new watch.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 06-16-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

The TAG Heuer release says there will be a special edition watch to commemorate the partnership, but we have yet to have any discussions with TAG about it. If I hear anything, I'll of course let you know.
But you WILL have a nice, new, shiny TAG Heuer decal on your race car when you race at an SBRS race event. (Ooooooo, ahhhhhh)

According to the agreement, four times a year, special deals will be made available to SBRS and TAG Heuer customers. So when some of those come around, I’m sure we’ll eblast it out and I’ll be sure to post it on here for you guys!
Old 06-20-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Would prefer to see a partnership they could benefit more from, a company similar to this (random example)

Old 06-22-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

What? You want a more expensive nose wing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Would prefer to see a partnership they could benefit more from, a company similar to this (random example)

Old 06-23-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
What? You want a more expensive nose wing???
yes, you got me, I want more expensive front wings
Old 06-26-2011

Gallery Images: 482

Being a dog and therefore pretty good at sniffing things out, I've uncovered some additional details about the custom, limited edition watch that Tag Heuer will make to commemorate its new status as the official SBRS timekeeper. These special features, which have not yet been formally announced, are intended to ensure that the watch captures the real flavor and spirit of SBRS as we know it today.

The watch will have a Japanese name but will be assembled in America.

Each watch will be assembled from randomly selected parts in red, blue and white.

Rather than gold or stainless steel, the watch casing will be made from fiberglass and duct tape.

The watch will only run for 35 minutes before it needs winding. If worn in Connecticut, it will not run at all on Sundays.

The watch will be constructed to survive a 110 mph impact with pavement, but it will not be waterproof.

One or two out of every 16 watches will run slowly. If you happen to get one of the "slow hands" watches, you can complain to Tag Heuer and they will determine if it's you or the watch that is at fault, unless you are 14 years old and have a private coach, in which case you automatically get a faster watch.

Each time you wear the watch, you will receive an email from Tag Heuer asking for a contribution to the Underpaid Jewelers' Fund.
Old 06-27-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Being a dog and therefore pretty good at sniffing things out...
___________ Moxie

Old 06-27-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Now that was both funny and timely...
Old 06-27-2011

But it comes with yogart and coffee if you buy it on Sat or Sunday !!
Old 06-27-2011
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Lee, HUGE
Old 06-27-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
The TAG Heuer release says there will be a special edition watch to commemorate the partnership, but we have yet to have any discussions with TAG about it. If I hear anything, I'll of course let you know.
But you WILL have a nice, new, shiny TAG Heuer decal on your race car when you race at an SBRS race event. (Ooooooo, ahhhhhh)

According to the agreement, four times a year, special deals will be made available to SBRS and TAG Heuer customers. So when some of those come around, I’m sure we’ll eblast it out and I’ll be sure to post it on here for you guys!
Quick. What's 5% of $35,000??
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."

Bookmark This Thread