Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 07-06-2009
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Go Pro Cameras Go, Go- Go

For what it matters, if you love your dear companion Go-Pro camera, you should trust the all mighty and underused Zip-Tie to create a teather. For many a Go-Pro lost it's life this season due to a weak roll bar mount breaking. Either tether it, or create a better mount.... good luck
Old 07-06-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: Go Pro Cameras Go, Go- Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
For what it matters, if you love your dear companion Go-Pro camera, you should trust the all mighty and underused Zip-Tie to create a teather. For many a Go-Pro lost it's life this season due to a weak roll bar mount breaking. Either tether it, or create a better mount.... good luck
Last Wednesday at Road America I mounted one with the supplied 3M Super Adhesive mounting buttons (the football shaped thingy) under the nose, just behind the nose nipple and directly in front of the cross tube that carries the front wings. Two sessions on Wednesday with no problems. The mounting tab is still there. If anyone else wants to try it, it's under the nose of the blue #4. Mounts the camera about 4 inches off the pavement, but it's still a little higher than the cross tube behind it. It would not likely survive a trip through the gravel, but the rumble strips and curbing didn't get it.
Old 07-06-2009
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Re: Go Pro Cameras Go, Go- Go

Too funny -- I had #4 Friday to Sunday at RA. I wish I knew the mount was there!

Bookmark This Thread