Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 09-09-2013
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
No more Skip Barber race series results or race reports?

I haven't been checking on the forum for a while now, and was just looking at the race series/news feeds, and noticed nothing new imported since APRIL. Looking further, I found the following:

1. The RSS feed link we used to use to pull in race series results from MyLaps no longer works, as MyLaps shut their RSS feeds service off, evidently somewhere between April and June of this year.
2. The last Skip Barber result on MyLaps I could find (using a manual search) was in June of 2013.
3. There are no race series reports on Skippy's web site, and no results either. There's a link to race series results on MyLaps, but the link doesn't work.

Am I missing where the race results and race reports are bring posted? Or have they just stopped?
Old 09-11-2013
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112
Re: No more Skip Barber race series results or race reports?

Having been at Lime Rock in August I knew my results and never checked MyLaps. Since they've been furloughing staff for the past couple of months they may not have anyone on it. I heard they let their current IT guy go recently so there may not be anyone monitoring the site.

At Mid-Ohio today for lapping leading up to the race weekend. Lots of cars in good mechanical condition so far. Much better than last year. Stevie Dee, Bob Ziegel, Jason Holehouse, Keith Watts, Ryan Hall, Erik Iverson, Cliff. Good staff and mechanics so things are running smoothly.

Two cars got together today causing a fair amount of damage so the mechanics will be busy.
Old 09-11-2013
Team OC/AD D

Awesome that all those guys are still involved. Is Jason no longer at Monticello?
Old 09-11-2013
Grand Master

Correct... He left Monticello more than a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
Awesome that all those guys are still involved. Is Jason no longer at Monticello?
Old 09-12-2013
Team OC/AD D

Boy am I out of the loop!
Old 09-14-2013
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Having been at Lime Rock in August I knew my results and never checked MyLaps. Since they've been furloughing staff for the past couple of months they may not have anyone on it. I heard they let their current IT guy go recently so there may not be anyone monitoring the site.

At Mid-Ohio today for lapping leading up to the race weekend. Lots of cars in good mechanical condition so far. Much better than last year. Stevie Dee, Bob Ziegel, Jason Holehouse, Keith Watts, Ryan Hall, Erik Iverson, Cliff. Good staff and mechanics so things are running smoothly.

Two cars got together today causing a fair amount of damage so the mechanics will be busy.
are you racing at MidO?
Old 09-14-2013
Grand Master

Yes I am. Qualied P2 behind Dr. Mike and led the first half of the race. Then the dead pedal loosened up and covered the clutch pedal during my downshift to 2nd gear into turn 8. It was enough of a distraction that I spun over the crest of 8. No contact or damage but drove 4-off to rejoin and had to come in. Finished P7.
Should be lots of fun tomorrow.

Colton Herta made an epic last lap pass into 7 to win the last race of the day today. Brian was a very proud and nervous papa. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
are you racing at MidO?
Old 09-15-2013
Team OC/AD D

Quote:
Yes I am. Qualied P2 behind Dr. Mike and led the first half of the race. Then the dead pedal loosened up and covered the clutch pedal during my downshift to 2nd gear into turn 8.
Clutches? We don't need no stinkin' clutches! Those things were so messed up so often that I just stopped using them for everything except starting and stopping. Takes a big potential mechanical right out of the equation.
Old 09-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
Clutches? We don't need no stinkin' clutches! Those things were so messed up so often that I just stopped using them for everything except starting and stopping. Takes a big potential mechanical right out of the equation.
haha
i spoke to pat otp last night and told him the same thing

he set his fastest lap not using the clutch
Old 09-16-2013
Grand Master

Started race 2 P7.
Had a strong start moving to P3 by the first turn and P2 by the end of the first lap. (Starting on the back stretch at Mid-O the first turn is turn 7) There was a shlamazzle behind us at turn 11 that sadly collected Garry Vizioli and stopped the race while they removed the disabled cars. On the restart Dr. Mike and I gapped the field and started battling with each other going side by side through turns 2 and 7,8,9 for about 3 laps allowing Bill Shields to catch us and engage. Bill grabbed P2 from me for half a lap and then I got around Bill and Dr. Mike and pulled out a 6 second lead for the win. Lots of fun having a masters race. Hope we do it again at Road Amererica
Old 09-16-2013
Irrational National

Gallery Images: 815

Awesome, Pat!!! Nice job!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 09-16-2013

Quote:
Started race 2 P7.
Had a strong start moving to P3 by the first turn and P2 by the end of the first lap. (Starting on the back stretch at Mid-O the first turn is turn 7) There was a shlamazzle behind us at turn 11 that sadly collected Garry Vizioli and stopped the race while they removed the disabled cars. On the restart Dr. Mike and I gapped the field and started battling with each other going side by side through turns 2 and 7,8,9 for about 3 laps allowing Bill Shields to catch us and engage. Bill grabbed P2 from me for half a lap and then I got around Bill and Dr. Mike and pulled out a 6 second lead for the win. Lots of fun having a masters race. Hope we do it again at Road Amererica
im tempted to go to RA to join in the fun

Bookmark This Thread