Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 10-16-2013
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815
Alexander Rossi in Austin, TX for F1

Hi All,

Some of you might remember Alexander Rossi competing in Skip Barber series many years ago. I believe he was 14 at the time, and finished 3rd in the National Series standings. He has obviously gone on to great things, including some seat time in the Caterham F1 car this year.

Alexander will be in Austin, TX at a special event at the K1 indoor karting center on November 13. You will have the opportunity to race against him there. If any of you are attending the race, you might enjoy meeting him and saying, "I knew you... I mean, you kicked my butt in Skip Barber back when..."

Here's the press link: http://www.kialj.com/bk/rossipress/oct16/

Anyone going to the F1 race? I won't make it, but I did manage to visit COTA for the ALMS/WEC weekend. What a track!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 10-20-2013
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Alexander Rossi in Austin, TX for F1

I'll be there. First F1 race ever. Wanted to see COTA and hear those F1 V8's before they are retired. John Mayes has a luxury box. Leland and Jane and I will be there along with a gaggle of the usual former Skippy suspects. Should be big fun!

Also looking forward to the New Jersey F1 track being completed. That will be in my backyard!

Don't think I ever raced against Rossi as he was in the Nationals and I was a Regional boy back then. Do recall his name and face from that time.

Bookmark This Thread