Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 03-24-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Group-A

I searched his name, he races F2000, so he is the real deal, but agree completely with DD's reply....if that is all he wants to contribute he will have a short SF career

I wonder if that is Lombardi in the black car ahead at the start?

Old 03-24-2011
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: Group-A

If he's not a contributor to this site, then he's not allowed to advertise here unless either

1) gives our members a meaningful discount
2) pays to advertise

Shall we email him?
Old 03-24-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Since Jonathan is a racer I'm inclined to cut him some slack but I doubt there will be much activity for those cameras since they are twice what a go pro costs and more complicated to install and use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
If he's not a contributor to this site, then he's not allowed to advertise here unless either

2) pays to advertise

Shall we email him?

Last edited by dalyduo; 03-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

There are a number of Skippy drivers with POV setups (me, KevinT, GriffDogRacer for example). While the unit is not without its problems (glitches in turning off prematurely from time to time, which is highly irritating-- I think Paul encountered the same issue), I prefer its video to the Go Pro-- it is much more stable when fixed to the car, does not get that harmonic vibration at high revs I see on so many rollbar mounted go pros, and the field is a Helix-like 110 rather than the fish-eye I've seen with the GoPro widefield. Installation is simple. Having said that, before I purchased a new one with HD, I'd want to talk to the company rep about the previoulsy mentioned issues and make it clear I could get it exchanged if they cropped up in the new one, regardless of official warranty duration.

And yes, a group discount would be nice. As an example, Vis-Comm in Wis sold me mine for $50 off and brought it out to me at Road America.

Any comments from Jonathan S of Group A would be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2011
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Phil is the car I passed in that race at the 2:35 time frame of the video.

If there is an advertisement thing please send it. We looked around before we posted and registered and did not see anything so thats why we did not ask. We are advertising on ApexSpeed already and thats not a problem. This a special limited time sale we are doing for the launch of the HD camera and only for limited locations, ApexSpeed, here & for local walk ins.
Old 03-24-2011
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Also right now we are quit limited on sales for the HD camera so that the market for it does not get knocked down from the get go.

We do have sales on the 1.5 camera which is what the HD camera is replacing. Retail is $400 + Shipping and to the forums we are offering them at $380 + shipping
Old 03-24-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post

2) pays to advertise

Shall we email him?
Guys, I have to say I agree with Sy - we don't need the forum clogged up with vendors unless there is a meaniful, purpose driven need by and for the forum readers. I understand Jonathan is trying to build a business but I am not sure this forum is the right vehicle. Just saying......
Old 03-24-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Hi Jonathan,

My intention was to post this thread for admin eyes only, I goofed, sorry if it sounded cold . I like your race vid, thought that was Phil...HA! Very cool, happy to have contributing racers around here. For commercial interests, check out the Links & Downloads page. You can add links and promote your stuff there also.

This is a pretty rare occurrence here, clutter of any kind has not been our problem....and we got a thread going, I'll take it
Old 03-26-2011
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Jonathan, as Doug (CDH) said, we're glad to have you add your company to the links section - but if you'd like to use the forums to advertise products, you need to either make some kind of meaningful contribution to the Skippy community or provide a meaningful discount to our members that isn't offered to the general public. I suggest either a contribution of $100 to the Mechanics Fund (this goes to the underpaid Skippy mechanics) or a 10% discount on all your products to our Members.

Bookmark This Thread