Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 04-29-2006
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Thumbs up PREVIEW: The 2006 Eastern and Midwestern Championships

PREVIEW: The 2006 Eastern and Midwestern Championships

In just a few days, on Friday, May 5th at Virginia International Raceway, dozens and dozens of Sportsman and Championship drivers will be taking to the track for the first race weekend of the 2006 Eastern and the 2006 Midwestern Championship Series. This year's Championships pit the East vs the Midwest in five combined events and at five different historic and world class tracks - VIR, Watkins Glen, Road America, Mt Tremblant and the newly revamped Mid Ohio.

Here are Last Year's Champions - (underlined drivers are all TJR members - click on their names to see their profiles):

Championship Group/Overall

Charles Anti - (Eastern Series Champion) / Revere Greist - (Midwestern Series Champion - Also 2005 Champion)
Jim Craige - (Eastern Series - 2nd Place) / Jonathan Gore - (Midwestern Series - 2nd Place)
Michael Auriemma - (Eastern Series - 3rd Place) / Charles Anti - (Midwestern Series - 3rd Place)

Sportsman Group

Adrian Dixon - (Eastern Series Champion) / Michael Gomez - (Midwestern Series Champion)
Jared Fisher - (Eastern Series - 2nd Place) / Steve Ablondie - (Midwestern Series - 2nd Place)
Chris Brassard - (Eastern Series - 3rd Place) / Mike Kolacki - (Midwestern Series - 3rd Place)

Masters Group

Michael Auriemma - (Eastern Series Champion) / John Greist - (Midwestern Series Champion)
Adrian Dixon - (Eastern Series - 2nd Place) / Michael Gomez - (Midwestern Series - 2nd Place)
Bill Hammer - (Eastern Series - 3rd Place) / Tom Brown - (Midwestern Series - 3rd Place)

So who will the contenders be for 2006? I've been out of the loop lately, and so all I know is that Charles Anti is off to Star Mazda, Adrian Dixon moved back to England and Michael Auriemma moved up to the Masters Nationals, leaving all their respective Series without defending champions.

But I think the Eastern Series Overall Championship will be a fight between Jim Craige and Bill 'Pork Chop' Hammer (but I've also recently heard grumblings of a very fast kid named Keith who may join in the fight..), and the Midwestern Overall will see a hat trick for Revere if he returns. And if his incredible older brother John (ok, his dad...) returns as well, we will see him take the Midwestern Masters title again as well (how many will that be then, John?)

Other than that, I have no idea who will run or contend for any of the Six different sub-championships available. All I know is that it's going to be a fun year, both on track and on TJR....

So jump in now and tell us about your plans, predictions and hopefully boasts for the 2006 Championships.

Wishing you all a safe, fast and fun season-

Sy & the rest of the TJR gang.

Last edited by sydude; 04-29-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2006
Taxi Cab Left Turn Only
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: PREVIEW: The 2006 Eastern and Midwestern Championships

Hmm, the question is should I spill the beans or not... All I'm going to say now is that I'll be at VIR and WG.
Old 04-29-2006
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

No offense Keith, but my money is on my man Slick Willie Hammer-time.

That boy is fast. He was a bit inconsistant last year (ok, he was downright erratic!) and that kept him from contending.

This year, he is eating right, working out (you should see him... he looks ready for the UFC!!) and working on his head. I even hear he has a first rate coach in his corner (can't SaY who it is, I think it is a SecrYt).

I forsee a serious ass whoopin put on the rest of the field in Va and picking up momentum from there!

My prediction... Bill The Hammer by a landslide in Eastern Championship and Masters Championship and (don't remind him) Grand Master as well!!
Old 04-29-2006
Thumb-alina

By the way... it is no small bit of forshadowing that Bill is pictured on the Racing Collage Header with the checkered flag! He's gonna wallpaper his bedroom with them this year.
Old 04-29-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude
Other than that, I have no idea who will run or contend for any of the Six different sub-championships available. All I know is that it's going to be a fun year, both on track and on TJR....
Craig and Hayden Duerson will be fun wherever they run. And Sy, we need you whenever you'll join in - at RA for sure.

Last edited by sydude; 05-01-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2006
Irrational National

Gallery Images: 815

Sy belongs in a race car.

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 04-30-2006
Selfish Bastard
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Rumor has it that proud poppa, Craig 4 1/2 & Counting is doing the 2006 Eastern Series.... His plans are to miss 2 weekends and still win the Championship. Can he do it?

Haz

Last edited by 5&counting; 04-30-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2006
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

C'mon guys! Are you guys that disinterested about talking about your '06 plans? Let's hear from more of you... OR ELSE.

Personally, I will be back in a Skippy car on several occasions this year, maybe even in Virginia. I won't be running the entire season, but I will be doing as many weekends as the schedule allows. So far WG, MT and hopefully RA with the Greists in July. I miss being in the car badly, it's been almost an entire year. I can't wait to battle it out again with Peter, Revere, Matt, John, Craig, Ivo, Patzer boys etc... look out guys, I'm coming to get you!
Old 05-01-2006

Sy, great that you may be at VIR. What a trrific run you had in the National Kids race last time. You must have learned the short way around from Louis Dibrell who's coming out of retirement again to teach the youngsters how it is done. He humbled Jonathan Klein the last time I remember him running at VIR.
Old 05-01-2006

I am in! Limited schedule for me this year, but I am going to be duking it out with the rest of you knuckleheads this year. Looks like I am in for VIR, both LRPs and MT. Trying to do doubles at MT and LRP to get to 6 "race weekends". Probably less than 50/50 I get to any other tracks. These holiday weekends are KILLING me! Ahh, who needs drops anyway...

Glad to hear Craid D. going to do the Eastern Series. We need more Dudes!!! That means you as well Sy. They reworked LRP just for you I hear.

Who is this "BIll Hammer'" guy and why is he eating right??? I dunno about his coach, but I have partnered up with Pat Daly.

It was Pat or Danica and I went with the one with the better tan.
Old 05-01-2006

Gallery Images: 1

I appreciate the votes of confidence from some of the above, but I am unlikely to be able to do enough races to make a season, even with drops. Doubt it would have mattered anyway. To win the series you need consistency and Jimmy Craig is a machine!
Old 05-01-2006

P.s. I just had eight cookies, so don't tell me I am eating right! But they were really, really good....
Old 05-01-2006
Thumb-alina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraige
It was Pat or Danica and I went with the one with the better tan.
Wow... I read that fast and thought you said 'the one with the better can'! I was worried for a minute!!
Old 05-01-2006

Late Breaking News: The Lodge at VIR just opened up with more rooms this weekend if anyone needs them. I just got in for Thursday night. I have a the first flight down there on Thursday morn so I'll see you all there for lapping.

If you don't see me, it's because I'll be stuffing hissing cockroaches under the doors of other Eastern Series competitors. They don't bite, much. This is all part of my "Why try to win on talent alone?" strategy for 2006.

I think I'll get some hats made up...
Old 05-01-2006

Thumbs up Re: PREVIEW: The 2006 Eastern and Midwestern Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greist
Sy, great that you may be at VIR. What a trrific run you had in the National Kids race last time. You must have learned the short way around from Louis Dibrell who's coming out of retirement again to teach the youngsters how it is done. He humbled Jonathan Klein the last time I remember him running at VIR.
Cool to hear that "The Thrill" Dibrell will be coming out of retirement at VIR. Heard a rumor that "The Boxer" will be making an appearance at VIR as well. Does this mean that Mr. Risser will be along for the show as well? Wouldn't be a true "Rat Pack" reunion without him!
Old 05-01-2006
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

The Hissing Cockroach Racing.com mascot. Watch for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraige
If you don't see me, it's because I'll be stuffing hissing cockroaches under the doors of other Eastern Series competitors. They don't bite, much. This is all part of my "Why try to win on talent alone?" strategy for 2006.

I think I'll get some hats made up...
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	mhiss3bx.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1138  
Old 05-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Cruiser
Cool to hear that "The Thrill" Dibrell will be coming out of retirement at VIR. Heard a rumor that "The Boxer" will be making an appearance at VIR as well. Does this mean that Mr. Risser will be along for the show as well? Wouldn't be a true "Rat Pack" reunion without him!
Dan Flanigan is making a guest appearance for the old-timers race that's a new feature every weekend. We'd even indulge relative youngsters - Paul Arnold, where are you?
Old 05-01-2006

Gallery Images: 8

I can't believe the "regulars" aren't doing the majority of the schedule! I want to see The Hammer vs. Captain Craige duke it out for the championship!

Boys, your time has come! Michael has moved on to race with the Elite Elders of SBRS.... the throne is ripe for the taking! And Sy, where are you man?

We have got to lobby for less holiday weekend races next year. I agree with Jim that the holiday weekends are tough. Racing is tough enough on the wallet and time factors without having to sacrifice every warm weather holiday weekend.
Old 05-01-2006
Tire Pariahrometer
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Can't wait to see you all at VIR. This sounds like fun! Is Thumbalina whole?

Carli
Old 05-02-2006

I pre-paid for the whole Midwest season just so the wife wouldn't think she could put the kaybash on the holiday weekend races. These dates are very difficult to work with when you have family obligations.

I did my 3 day school last year over Easter. That didn't go over very well either.
Old 05-02-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
I pre-paid for the whole Midwest season just so the wife wouldn't think she could put the kaybash on the holiday weekend races. These dates are very difficult to work with when you have a family obligations.

I did my 3 day school last year over Easter. That didn't go over very well either.
Love it. You are going to fit right in here!
Old 05-02-2006
Fund Raiser Racer

OH yes you will fit right in.you will be going home to half or less of your possesion's.

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 05-04-2006
Taxi Cab Left Turn Only

Geez, you sign off for 3 days in order to get your 40 hours in and look what you miss! See you all at the track tomorrow or Saturday!

Bookmark This Thread