Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 01-25-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

FAST PASS News

In case there are some of you not on the email list or didn't receive the email, here's the latest info regarding the SBRS FAST PASS. If you've got any questions, give your series advisor a call!

***Act fast and receive ONE MONTH FREE; that's 13 months of racing for the same price!***

This offer expires February 25, 2011 so don't get caught in the dust!

Launched in early 2010, the FAST PASS to Skip Barber Racing School has been the ultimate package for drivers with the unrelenting desire to improve their racecraft. Much like a season pass from a ski-resort, the FAST PASS allows for almost unlimited seat-time with minimal restrictions. With multiple Race Series, Advanced Activities and Schools, as well as certificates for friends, family, and sponsors, there is a FAST PASS that will suit you. Pay once and race for the year!

"Whether you are a driver making the transition from karts to cars, or an aspiring racer, the most important part of making a successful transition is gaining valuable seat time in a race car. The FAST PASS at Skip Barber Racing School enables drivers to gain an unprecedented amount of seat time (350-400 hours) over a 12-month period. Seat time that includes racing & driving schools, lapping days, regional races and National races in both single seater open wheel formula cars and MX-5 Sportscars. In terms of return on your investment, there is nothing comparable in the entire motorsports industry to the FAST PASS at Skip Barber Racing School."
- Michael Duncalfe, CEO, Exclusive Management, Inc and FAST PASS holder

FAST PASS pricing Effective January 21, 2011:

FAST PASS - Regional - $90,000
FAST PASS - National - $125,000
FAST PASS - Lifetime - $345,000
Old 01-25-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: FAST PASS News

I'm all over the free month... It's the 90 to 125G's to get the free month that's problematic.

And what do lifetime members get?
Old 01-25-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
I'm all over the free month... It's the 90 to 125G's to get the free month that's problematic.

Three free months!!!
Old 01-25-2011
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

If I could just get Todd to credit all of the money I've spent at SBRS over the years towards a lifetime fastpass, it might actually be a reasonable deal . . .
Old 01-25-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
Three free months!!!
Old 01-26-2011

Wow pretty cool deeaallsss! Just a couple 0's over my budgett!!! lol but def. sounds sick!
Old 01-26-2011

Gallery Images: 6

When I grow up I would like a Fast Pass (for that matter, I would like fast anything!). Hold it, I tried growing up once and I didn't like it - oh the joys of being a Skippy driver/customer.
Old 01-26-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Cruiser View Post
If I could just get Todd to credit all of the money I've spent at SBRS over the years towards a lifetime fastpass, it might actually be a reasonable deal . . .

HAHA if every customer did that, we'd be screwed! Some of you would get multiple lifetime fast passes!...actually, that'd be kind of cool. Pretty sure some of you are like cats and have nine lives...
Old 01-26-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:

haha Thought of selling girl scout cookies, maybe? I'd buy a box or two!

Lifetime members basically get a lifetime pass to race in all SBRS events including driving schools, racing schools, High Performance, etc. They're working out a couple more details for the lifetime, but there will most likely also be certificates available for the FAST PASS holder to give to family or friends, that way you've got someone else to cause trouble with or an event or two

I just chatted with Chris Kretzmer, and he said he and his team (the lovely Ms. Pattison and Mr. Glasner) will be able confirm all the details shortly.
Old 01-26-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Tough day selling cookies in the snow... Peanut butter was a big hit. I'm on my way... 12 bucks!

Glad I asked about the lifetime awards.
Old 01-26-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Tough day selling cookies in the snow... Peanut butter was a big hit. I'm on my way... 12 bucks!

Glad I asked about the lifetime awards.
Go for it, Pat...it's all you!!

Seriously, Kelly, if you guys were able to work out some percentage credit based on previous money spent w/ SB, you might get some interest from old hands. Otherwise your market is going to be restricted to relatively new customers who haven't previously sunk substantial money into their racing. That previously sunk money can carry considerable psychological weight. The older hands have proven both their passion and their resources. You should run the idea by the head honchos. It's a decent idea. Blame PT Cruiser, of course.
Old 01-26-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:

Think of it this way. My new knee is guaranteed for 20 years. This means I'm guaranteed to be around for 20 years in order to collect.

By the same logic, with a lifetime Fast Pass................
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 01-26-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
Think of it this way. My new knee is guaranteed for 20 years. This means I'm guaranteed to be around for 20 years in order to collect.
In year 21 you start kicking yourself.
Old 01-27-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Or genuflect mighty fast.
Old 01-27-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Seriously, Kelly, if you guys were able to work out some percentage credit based on previous money spent w/ SB, you might get some interest from old hands. Otherwise your market is going to be restricted to relatively new customers who haven't previously sunk substantial money into their racing. That previously sunk money can carry considerable psychological weight. The older hands have proven both their passion and their resources. You should run the idea by the head honchos. It's a decent idea. Blame PT Cruiser, of course.
I completely see what you're saying, but that's why we also have the Regional and National FAST PASSes as well. I'll definitely pass the feedback along though!
Old 01-27-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

oh! And while I'm thinking of it, for anyone looking to race in the Summer Series this summer, the 20% discount for the season prepay lasts only until next Monday, January 31st!!

For anyone unfamiliar with the prepay, if you buy for entire 8-race Skip Barber Racing School Summer Formula Series or MAZDASPEED Challenge race season before Jan. 31, you save 20%.

As to what all that includes and the rest of the details, you can call up Kelly, Evan or Chris (800.221.1131 if you don't have their direct lines).

Here's the schedule if you haven't received it. The Regional series will be running alongside the National series at several events meaning yours truly will be there to cover the festivities including photos, twitter updates, press releases, etc. I'll probably try to throw Paul into a trash can every now and then too... hehehe

The 2011 Skip Barber Summer Regional Race Series Schedule
Rounds 1 & 2, April 30-May 1, Virginia International Raceway, VA (with the Skip Barber National Series)
Rounds 3 & 4, May 21-22, Watkins Glen International, NY
Rounds 5 & 6, June 10-11, Lime Rock Park, CT
Rounds 7 & 8, July 2-3, Road America, WI (with the Skip Barber National Series)
Rounds 9 & 10, July 22-23, Road Atlanta, GA (with the Skip Barber National Series)
Rounds 11 & 12, August 12-13, Lime Rock Park, CT
Rounds 13 & 14, September 10-11, Autobahn Country Club, IL
Rounds 15 & 16, October 7-8, Lime Rock Park, CT (with the Skip Barber National Series)

Hope to see you guys there!! (I'm SO ready for winter to be over and this summer racing to get started!)
Old 01-27-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Can't hurt yourself much if you only have one working knee. In fact, you'd look kinda funny trying. Might get you a web redemption on Tosh.0 !!
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."

Bookmark This Thread