Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 08-25-2015
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815
Justin Wilson 1978-2015

I don't have the words to express how gutted I am about Justin Wilson.

I am praying for Justin's family and younger brother Stefan, whom I've worked with in the USF2000 paddock over the last few years.

The tributes on Twitter have been something to behold. Hopefully you are following the usual channels and reading more from the other drivers in IndyCar and the supporting series. Stefan himself posted an amazing tweet about hoping to be half the man his brother was. Amen, brother. Justin was a class act.

Longer tributes can be found at www.racer.com, and of course, many other racing websites and blogs.

The official family statement is available on the news page of Justin's website. http://justinwilson.co.uk/news/

I was fortunate to speak with Justin earlier this year before he was announced to drive in the Indy 500. I told him how awesome it was that he had such widespread fan support. Seemingly every time a fan commented online about an open seat at Ganassi, Penske, or Andretti, they begged one of those teams to hire Justin. How could he manage to create so much goodwill in an environment of ego-expanded racing drivers? It was a beautiful thing.

So sad to see him gone.

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use

Bookmark This Thread