Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 05-16-2008
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Introductions

Hello everybody! I have browsed the Juicy site from time to time, and decided I should register. You may know me as, "the guy who helped Mike with his Helix cameras for a while."

I decided to embark on new challenges a few months ago, and am very grateful for the time I got to spend with so many great people in Skip Barber and racing. Never interested in cars or racing before, I've done a bit of a 180. I am looking forward to the summer, and spending some time at Road America when the Skip Barber series comes around again.
Old 05-16-2008
Punisher
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Introductions

Welcome to the site, James. It's never too late to be bitten by the bug!
Old 05-17-2008
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Welcome James, Of course many of these guys know you from the Helix Video. Hope to see you around. Great place to stay in touch and keep track of your racing friends.
JP
Old 05-17-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Welcome James! Great to have you aboard. Thanks for all your good work with Mike. Would love to hear your perspective on the series and when you'll be racing.

Get to it... and tell us about it! :-)
Old 05-17-2008
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

For now, my racing plans only include attending the Indy 500 and whatever other races I can make it to at Road America. Although, I also am doing some arrive-and-drive karting at the Chicago Indoor in July with some friends (very excited - could be the start of "the bug").

As far as my perspective of the series, I love it. My perspective starts from 2005. I think one of the great advantages is that everyone always has a car to drive. Everyone knows that at higher levels of racing, you are really on your own if your car breaks down. This is acceptable when you are continuing with a career, but I really think that Skip Barber offers the most in terms of fun and friendships. Thanks to the hard work of Skip Barber employees, most everyone also gets to enjoy the local areas, and with their families if they are lucky.

I also think that people who take advantage of what the series has to offer are really well-prepared to move on to the next step, whether they are drivers, mechanics, or anything else.

I also can't say enough about working with Mike and the cameras. It gave me a completely different outlook on life. "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life."

Bookmark This Thread