Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 06-16-2005
Having fun in karts
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Karting for the whole family at Lime Rock in July

Racing is said to be a family sport, and nothing could prove that more than our Kids Race Camp and Family Race Day at Lime Rock in July.

After learning the ins and outs of racing during one of our camps (July 8, 16 or 29th), families can race in one or both Two- Hour Races on Saturday. Most children that attend our Kids Race Camp range in age from 8 years to 16 years. A discount is available to families that compete in both races on Saturday. Competing in both races offers the opportunity to create a new strategy for the second event-and of course, gain more seat time.

Dates in Review:
  • Friday, July 8 - Family Camp
  • Saturday, July 16 - Family Camp (am)
  • Saturday, July 16 - Family Camp (pm)
  • Friday, July 29 - Family Camp (am)
  • Friday, July 29 - Family Camp (pm)
  • FAMILY RACE DAY: Saturday, July 30
Details on Family Programs

Don't forget the 1.5 hour race at Lime Rock July 9th during the Ferrari weekend. We have a morning and a noon race.

http://endurancekarting.com/2005/Events/7.fer.LRP.html

TRIVIA: TEST YOUR RACING KNOWLEDGE

On his Grand Prix debut Mario Andretti qualified eleventh on the grid but why didn't he start the race?
  • He was unable to drive due to food poisoning
  • He flew to the USA to compete in a USAC race instead
  • He thought the track was unfit to race on
  • He gave his car to another driver
How many laps did they run at the February Daytona race in 1974 and who won the race?

Answers for Trivia
Old 06-16-2005
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: Karting for the whole family at Lime Rock in July

I really hate to do this to you, but your trivia quiz is wrong. Mario didn't qualify 11th on his first F1 outing, he qualified on the Pole. It's a famous stat so it was easy to identify the mistake. I quote from Mario's own site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Andretti
He even tried drag racing in 1968 – driving a Ford Mustang – and earned eight more Champ Car victories en route to second place in the Champ Car point standings. Realizing a lifelong dream, Mario qualified on the pole in his very first Formula One race at the 1968 U.S. Grand Prix at Watkins Glen, but was forced out of the race with a clutch problem. But Grand Prix racing was in his blood and the decade of the Seventies would see his dream come true.
Here's the link to his bio page where you can find his stats and the quote:

http://www.andretti.com/content/view/209/73/

Otherwise, LET'S GO KARTING!!!
Old 06-17-2005
Having fun in karts
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Well Sy not only are you a fast racer but also a wealth of information. I will inform the person that has that same question listed in his trivia.

Thanks for the heads up and your write up from Watkins Glen, you had me hooked till the end.
Old 07-18-2005
Coaching little league
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Red face Re: Karting for the whole family at Lime Rock in July

Hi guys!

So many of you know my son Tyler from the track or the awards banquet... I haven't been racing this year because of conflicts including coaching Tyler's Little League team, but he and I made it up to Endurance Karting's Family Camp on July 9 and HAD A BLAST! If any of you have been thinking of introducing your kids to racing, the folks at EK do a really great job!

July 9 was the day that the remnants of Hurricane Cindy came through, needless to say, it poured...but you all know how much I love driving in the rain and it was a great way to introduce Tyler to the finer points of car control. Coming down the straight flat out, turning in, lifting for a sec to kick the rear out, dialing in a little correction and then power sliding all the way around the turn - ON SLICKS! - was a panic! And Endurance Karting didn't even charge us extra for the rain!

Anyway, Tyler was pumped and though I'm biased, he did a pretty good job, especially considering the conditions (we were soaked down to our 'wares!)

He and I are planning to do a two-hour family endurance race on July 30. I asked him if he wanted to team up with another family but he declined, saying that they would slow down our team! He's my boy!

Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00092b.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	638   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00094b.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	639   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00098b.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	640   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00099b.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	641  

Old 07-19-2005
Fund Raiser Racer
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

sell the boat . look's like tyler will be your competition at skippy. WAY TO GO TYLER

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 07-19-2005
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

That's awesome Tom.... Congrats Tyler!

How old is Tyler, Tom?
Old 07-19-2005
Coaching little league
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Hi Mike - Tyler just turned 10 though he was 9 during the camp. They have a 4' 10" minimum height which he beat by several inches. Unfortunately, he'll have the same issue that I have - too big (10 yrs old and 5' 1"). Can you say NASCAR?

:tomahawk

Bookmark This Thread