Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 08-13-2006
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

John Edwards Wins F Renault Race in Anderstorp

http://www.renault-sport.de/uploads/media/Ergebnis_Rennen_2_03.pdf

Image from the race, below:

Last edited by Michael Edwards; 08-13-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2006
Running Amok.

Re: John Edwards Wins F Renault Race in Anderstorp

WOO HOO!

Fan-freakin-tastic!

(for those that don't know... John is aka Juicy Fan)
Old 08-13-2006
Punisher
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Thumbs up Re: John Edwards Wins F Renault Race in Anderstorp

Way to go, John!!!!
Old 08-13-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Thumbs up Re: John Edwards Wins F Renault Race in Anderstorp

Bravo John! Nice job.
Old 08-13-2006
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

WTG John - I don't know what is tougher, beating those other racers or pronouncing their names.....

Fantastic news!
Old 08-13-2006
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 08-13-2006

Thanks Gerardo.
Today was one of those days I'll remember for a while.
MJE
Old 08-14-2006

Western Re: John Edwards Wins F Renault Race in Anderstorp

WOW....THIS IS GREAT.....Way to go John....BTW, I can see your Dad's smile way down here in Florida.

Ken AKA Redneck
Old 08-14-2006

Redneck, that is so true. The guys at work today could not understand why I was in such a good mood when all was going to hell..........i just kept smiling and thinking about him coming home to celebrate tomorrow nite. hope to see you in mid ohio.
mje
Old 08-15-2006

Johns Race Report
This past weekend has been very good for me. I achieved my first Formula Renault win racing in the Northern European Championship. It was even sweeter as the second place finisher was my teammate, Filipe Albuquerque, who won the last two rounds of the even more competitive Eurocup series. I also moved back up to fifth position in the championship, and am in a position to finish fourth by the season finale.

Qualifying didn't go very well. It started fine, I was running among the top drivers, and was still in a solid 5th position mid-session. It was a drying track, however, so the last few laps would be the fastest. Unfortunately, I caught some traffic and wasn't able to get a clear lap in my last few laps, so my time from the middle of the session would be my best, putting me back in 10th position.

The organizers decided it was raining so hard that they would start the race like it was a restart due to safety reasons. I had a very good first lap, and was running about P6. My line for wet conditions in one corner was to go completely outside because you could carry much more speed mid-corner without compromising the exit. Van der Drift, however, took the normal style to cut back across the normal line, then track out later. I got beside him in the middle of the corner, but then he tracked back out, forcing me unintentionally to go off track.

Mustonen got by me, and put me back to P7. I ran most of the race behind Mustonen. Even though I was faster and got beside him numerous times, I couldn't get the pass completed. Finally he made a mistake and went off track and into the gravel. I caught up to Van der Drift, but was never close enough to make the pass. Hartley went off a couple laps later and re-joined behind me. Then Buemi and Maasen got into a battle, eventually forcing Maasen to go slightly off track, but compromising his exit enough for Van der Drift and me to get by him. We finished like that, with Albuquerque winning 14 seconds ahead of Buemi, Van der Drift, and me close behind, but just missing out on the podium.

I did the 5th best race time in the first race, therefore making me start 5th in the second race behind Duarte Felix da Costa, Mervyn Kool, Sebastien Buemi, and Brendon Hartley. Filipe was behind me in P6. The race was once again determined too dangerous for standing starts because of extreme wet conditions, so we started behind the safety car again. I got a good exit out of turn 1 to pass Hartley on the long second straight. I passed Buemi the next lap, putting me P3 behind the two AR Motorsport cars. It took me one lap to catch up to Kool, and I got by him immediately. I followed da Costa for another lap, then saw my chance as I got a run on him into the long right-hand carousel. I dove to the inside where there was grip and got beside him, but didn't get passed him yet. I knew I was about to hit the spot where there was rubber from dry racing, and sure enough I got huge oversteer, sliding out to nearly hitting da Costa. To avoid me, he had to go off track, and got a punctured tire from touching the wall. It was a racing incident, but I'm sorry for him, as he lost his first potential podium finish. Kool was following behind me, with Albuquerque immediately behind him for a few laps before Kool made a mistake, allowing Albuquerque through, but costing them both lots of time. Since I had a gap, I just relaxed and concentrated on making no mistakes. It finished that way, with me winning by 1.5 seconds ahead of Albuquerque and Hartley. It was a great day as Motopark and Red Bull took all three spots on the podium, and more importantly for me, I took my first win in a Formula Renault.

I'm now P5 in the championship, 14 points behind Mervyn Kool. I'm looking forward to the season finale at the Salzburgring to move up to fourth in the championship. Before that however, we have another round of the Eurocup series in Donington, on September 9th and 10th.
Old 08-16-2006
Fund Raiser Racer
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

JOHN great job. Looks like you wont have to fall back to all the bad stuff i tought you to make a living.hope to see you and dad in mid o

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 08-16-2006
Almost a master

Hey everyone, thanks for all your congrats. It was great to finally be on the top step of the podium after being on the lower two earlier this season. Being ahead of my teammate and championship leader Filipe Albuquerque (CDH i'll tell you how to pronounch it later...) made it even sweeter. I'm finally back in America for the first time since February, and what a way to finish before a long vacation. Thanks again for all your support, hope to see you all soon (unfortunately I can't make it to Mid-O since I have a race in Donington the week after and I need to be in Oschersleben with the team a few days before.) Thanks again to everyone.

John Edwards

Bookmark This Thread