Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 05-12-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Racing Quotes

From 2foolsracing.com:

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.

"Life is nothing more than a roadcourse...straight-aways, curves, and apexs. Downshift, pitch it in, and hammer the gas. Never underestimate what you are capable of. Don't be ashamed of anything you do...even when it goes to hell..." Peter 'Perfect' Gregg after offing Vasek Polak's Porsche 935 at Sears Point, circa 1975

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
Ernest Hemingway
1899-1961

"Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

"I believe in luck, but luck doesn't just happen. You have to work at it." - M. Schumacher

"You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built"-Colin Chapman

"In order to win, you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition. But you don't have to be stupid about it." - Carroll Smith

"When I make a mistake, they don't penalize me 15 yards, they take me away in an ambulance" - Richard Petty on whether racecar drivers are athletes.

"When you're racing, it's life. Everything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in LeMans

"You boys can call it what you want, but that ain't racin' ".
-Dale "The Intimidator" Earnhardt, to a group of reporters upon exiting the medical center at a NASCAR Speedway following a mandatory examination after being involved in a "Big One" at a restrictor plate race. (Big Sexy, take note)

"I don't understand what they're doing; they go around in a line, and nobody passes anyone."
-My Mom, to me while during the last NASCAR race I ever watched, the Daytona 500, about 7 years ago.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower"--Mark Donohue

"I can live in my car. You can't race in your house." - Anonymous

"Leave later, drive faster, and still arrive first." - Steve Meltzer

"Flat out until you see God, count to three, then brake." - Anonymous

"Never race anything that you are not prepared to push off a cliff." - Will Hartje

"Everyone behind me is an incredibly talented driver - Everyone in front of me is cheating!"
-- Bill Haney

"At some point in every racer's life he has to make his peace with cheating. I do not approve of cheating ... at all. Of course, like every successful racer, I differentiate between taking advantage of loopholes in the regulations, stretching the grey areas and outright cheating. In any given racing series I will not start the cheating. If someone else starts it, I will appeal to them and to the officials to stop it. If my efforts do not succeed, then I'll show them how it is done ...."
-- Carroll Smith, Drive to Win

"If you don't come back to the pits with a steering wheel in your hands every once in a while, you aren't trying hard enough!" - Mario Andretti

Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.
-Nicole Kidman 'Days of Thunder'

Rubbin's racing..
loose is fast, on the edge your out of control.
Tires, tires is what wins a race. - Robert Duvall in 'Days of Thunder'

"Boys, it's like playing golf - some people are just better than you"

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti

"There's only a second between them. One. Thats how long a second is." - Murray Walker

And my favorite, Harry Hogge: "When the little red needle reads 9000 R.P.M. thats BAD!!!"

"I know that no human being can do a miracle. Nobody commands magical properties, but Gilles made you wonder. He was that quick." - Jacques Laffitte

Faster... faster... faster...
Until the thrill of sheer speed,
overcomes your fear of dying!-anonymous

"If ya can smell smoke, you ain't driving fast enough."

Nobody remembers who finished second except the loser in third. -Anon

I don't mean to be arrogant about it, but what does a journalist know?
- BMW chief designer Chris Bangle

"I made a small fortune racing. But I started with a large one."
Roger Penske?

I've spent most of my money on Porsches, drinking, and women... the rest I just wasted

Be careful what toes you step on today, they may be attached to the ass youÍre kissing tomorrow.
Anonymous

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!" - Blues Brothers

Why Racing? Because Football, Baseball, and Basketball only require ONE ball....
Old 05-13-2004
Skippy Instructor
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Racing Quotes

"Oversteer is oversteer but understeer is slow." - Hans Stuck

"Understeer is where you can see the crash coming, oversteer is when you can't" - Dale Earnhardt

"Understeer is understeer, but chicks dig oversteer" - Spencer Pumpelly

Bookmark This Thread