Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 12-07-2008
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 122
SM PBOC etc

Who's coming with me!? BSI test days or PBOC enduro anyone?
Old 12-07-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: SM PBOC etc

I'm in fiscal lock down until at least spring... Otherwise I'd be giving you a run for your money. Ran the PBOC last year with Peter Stolz and had BIG fun. BSI Miata's were beautifully prepared and when I plugged it into the turn one tire wall and bent a tie rod they were all over the repair, had us back out in half an hour and the car ran like a top through the rest of the enduro and the sprint races the next day. Very strong cars and crew. And with Jim Pace in your ear what's not to like?

If you've got the time and the coin... It's a very good time.

The PBOC also has an interesting cast of administrative characters guaranteed to make your experience even more entertaining.

Hope you have lots of fun company CHS... And be sure you give us a full report!

Pat
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daly WINTERFEST Sebring '08 #1.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Daly WINTERFEST Sebring '08 #7.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	3004   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBOC WINTERFEST Sebring Jan.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	3005  
Old 12-08-2008
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

You can count me in Craig! Chances are I'll be at the test day as a mechanic, but the PBOC enduro I'll be driving fo sho. you plan on being in a real miata this time or what? Looks like i'll be the competitor for real this year but you can swing by for food and drinks!

Aaron Nash
www.anashracing.com
Old 12-08-2008
Grand Master

Hippy!

Most fun of the whole event was chasing Hippy around for the last two hours of the enduro with neither of us realizing who was in the other car until the end when the Grizzly Bear PBOC police threw us in impound for having body damage. (We never touched each other.) Big fun in the dark at Sebring.

Also memorable was Gerardo getting out of his first night race at his home track beaming with joy from the experience. (the next day he was invited to test for the Mazda LMP2 team he drove for this year...)

Great time... Give 'em hell Aaron!

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-10-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2008

Aaron if you were running around with DD then I will be behind for sure. Yes I will be in a "real" miata. So I like ABS, can you blame me? I haven't raced a car since the Turkey Trot last year. However, I have been making little kids cry and screwing up "date night" at the go-kart Lippert introduced me to over the summer. But hey, I am ready to race for all the marbles.
Old 12-08-2008
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Pat,
Great time last year and another all-star line up for this year! Love that pic of you "leading the pack" into the safetypin. I can't wait to get Sutherland back in the car!
JP
Old 12-08-2008
Skippy Instructor

Gallery Images: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
I'm in fiscal lock down until at least spring... Otherwise I'd be giving you a run for your money. Ran the PBOC last year with Peter Stolz and had BIG fun. BSI Miata's were beautifully prepared and when I plugged it into the turn one tire wall and bent a tie rod they were all over the repair, had us back out in half an hour and the car ran like a top through the rest of the enduro and the sprint races the next day. Very strong cars and crew. And with Jim Pace in your ear what's not to like?
Hey Guys,
I'll be there! Sucks that you can't make it, Pat. We had a HUGE time last year, and I was looking forward to it again this year! We'll miss you for sure. Although, I'm sure the rides home are a touch safer than the rides back to the paddock.

So, lemme get this straight, Hippy. You're gonna be wrenching on our cars before the race, and then racing against our cars during the race? Hmmm.....

STU?!Stu! Where's Stu!?
izzat true?

Last edited by PFS; 12-08-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2008

Pat, I must agree the last stint was the most fun of the week! My first time endurance racing and driving at night, not to mention the pack of slower and faster cars that we had to deal with taught me a lot about patience and race craft......still many years left to perfect these!

No need to worry Pete, your driving skill and experience will over come anything I COULD do to the WELL prepped vehicles that BSI brings to the track. All kidding aside, Stu has given me a great opportunity and many free handouts, so I wouldn't consider any foul play while working for BSI. My small team that we've put together and continue to build upon will definetly be shooting to give ya'll competition once the green flag drops, though!
Old 12-14-2008
Skippy Instructor

Ha! Just starting the trash talkin' a bit early, Hippy! You and the guys at BSI have ALWAYS given us top notch cars at every event, and I have no reason to believe that's going to change.

It was spectacular to see you boys running a miata last year, and if there's anything I can do to for you, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing you there, and make sure the horns are workin' on the tractor! I'll want to hear what they sound like at a lower lattitude. Good luck in the race!
Old 12-19-2008

Having just returned from Roebling Road with BSI and JP, I am very excited for the PBOC 6 hour enduro. Lots of fun was had, great crew of people including a few I had not met before. We had lots and lots of track time, BSI brought 8 cars! Stu and the crew worked hard to make sure we were always running.

Tom Brown was there with us, and very quick right away. Paxman made an appearance, he spent most of the event lobbying for a better starting position with his "handi-capable" sticker. Doc Nuss has doubled his racecar inventory...it may be too late for him A couple pretty sweet looking SM's and some hard earned speed to go with them! Revere was there, despite a long night in Detroit, he of course was fast. No mercy was shown to Moi, despite that I voted for him in the F1 drivers championship, thanks very little Revere.

JP spent most the two days telling us less brake and more gas, seems to be a favorite saying of his. Of course it is an upgrade from when he used to say I braked like an old woman. "Sutherlin (mississippi for sutherland) get off the brake and on the gas son, go go go"The rest of the time was spent teaching us the finer points of bump drafting (god-bless him), much to the delight of whomever was fortunate to receive a push.

Hippie was there, I would mention how fast he is, but since I know he is cheating I won't. While it is true he was fast in the many different cars he drove, he is still cheating. Thanks for everyone who made it all possible. Hope to see everyone at the PBOC event in Jan!!

Attached is Hippies bumper sticker.....

Name:	n1116488733_227071_3228.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	3018  
Old 12-19-2008
Skippy Girl

Gallery Images: 1
Cake Re: SM PBOC etc

Sounds like a great time, thanks for the recap Craiger. And a belated Happy Birthday to you.

Aaron, That bumper sticker is LOL FUNNY!!!!!

- At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Japan
Old 12-19-2008
HotShoeGreaseMonkey
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Sounded like alot of fun in Savannah, Hopefully I can join Hippie at Sebring, in one fashion or another.

Going stir crazy.

Hippie Cheat????!?!?! No, he would never get CAUGHT cheating.
Old 12-19-2008

I added to the pictures section as well. Huge fun for everyone. I brought a video camera, but it kept turning off, perhaps DEF can recommend one. I will do my best to make a decent video. We raced until no one would get back in the cars, well Doc Nuss wanted to, but we have covered his addiction in great detail. For those who have not tried a BSI test day, hop on the band wagon, its a good time
Old 12-19-2008
Skippy Instructor

Craiger thanks for the recap. Great seeing you back in the saddle again. Excellent test with everyone getting up to speed for the PBOC 6hr. See you there! Merry Christmas.
JP
Old 12-23-2008

As most have already read, the test day was a great success with many laps and laughs had. Thanks to everyone for making this happen, BSI appreciates the business!

Now to plug my personal interests......... Crucial Motorsports Group has an opening in one/maybe both of our spec miata's that will be running this race and the rest of the weekend. This is a full arrive and drive deal that will include a small hospitality service. We have started our Spec E36 build and will be trying to run the BMW at this venue as well, obviously if this gets completed in time we would like one responsible driver to share the seat with. Please contact Aaron for more information, Our rates are more than reasonable and the Crash Damage Deposit is almost a joke compared to other teams!

Aaron Nash
Crucial Motorsports Group, LLC
anashracing@hotmail.com
Old 01-02-2009

Well it isn't a CDH vid, but my father and myself managed to make a quick vid for your viewing pleasure. Not too much was broken in the all out editing war. Enjoy its in the video section

Craiger
Old 01-02-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland View Post
Well it isn't a CDH vid, but my father and myself managed to make a quick vid for your viewing pleasure. Not too much was broken in the all out editing war. Enjoy its in the video section

Craiger

Craig,

I've negatively hallucinated the link - or you didn't send it.

Looking forward to it. Doug needs competition.
Old 01-02-2009
Skippy Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greist View Post
Craig,

I've negatively hallucinated the link - or you didn't send it.

Looking forward to it. Doug needs competition.
Look up at the top of the main page (or even this page) and click videos. It's the first one at the top "Roebling Road BSI test". Looks like it was lots of fun...gets the juices flowing for PBOC!
Old 01-02-2009

Dr. Greist I am only partially computer literate. Without Craig Sr, there would have been no video period. In fact without Paul Sheppard there would have been little video. I bought the wrong kind of video camera, despite many assurances from Best Buy that it would work, it didn't really.

Paul actually rode with JP for the on-boards and shot most of the on track action. Further proof CDH needs to make an appearance.
Craig
http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/user_...9517409124.mov
Old 01-03-2009
Skippy Instructor

Craiger, nice job! Thanks for reminding us how much FUN learning can be.
Thanks to everyone that makes it possible.
Kudos to Paul for riding shotgun w/ a camera no less. The car arrives at the same time but that right seat seems 30 mph faster.
JP
Old 01-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Pace View Post
Kudos to Paul for riding shotgun w/ a camera no less. The car arrives at the same time but that right seat seems 30 mph faster.
JP
Seemed 30 mph slower riding with you - understand you sensing 30 mph faster ridiing with us.
Old 01-03-2009
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

This is great, nice job, love the choice of Willie / Midnight Rider

Glad to see new video production here...we need more involvement from EVERYONE, pics, vids, posts....thanks!

Name:	pboc08-6.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	3028  

Last edited by cdh; 01-04-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-03-2009

Looks like the TJR.com magical elves put a higher resolution version of my video. Its a lot better, however my rather coarse language has still been edited. Sorry, this is a family site....except the grid girls
Old 01-04-2009

I need to check this forum more often!
Had a ball with all at the test at Roebling!
Don't worry I'll be at the PBOC 6 hour
the plan is to have fun
run fast as we can
without off-road excursions!!!
I'm planning to see the BSI guys on tuesday
praclice getting in and out with my helmet and hans
should be good for a laugh!!
pax
Old 01-16-2009
Irrational National

Gallery Images: 815

The PBOC 6-Hour was a great time!

Many thanks to Jimmy Locke for allowing me a co-drive. His car handled better than last year, so we went a little quicker. Our crew consisted of Jimmy and myself to do race strategy, pit stops, tire changes (we made this work by not changing the tires), refueling, human resources, marketing, and setup. Jimmy's lovely wife handled catering and timing the 5 minutes we had to be in the pits. Other competitors caught me holding a screwdriver and a tire gauge and asked me if I was feeling okay.

In the opening stint, Chris Nussbaum started right behind me. He would stay there for a good thirty minutes! A big hand to him! Neither one of us knew who the other guy was, but we had a real fun battle. Once he popped entering Turn 1, so I made him earn it. I stayed on his outside all the way through the corner, then as we exited, I stuck my hand out the window and waved at him in a cheerful Macy's Day Parade kind of way. Operation Mind Screw worked, and he broke early for Turn 3 and I kept the lead. Then, going into the Hairpin, I defended half track, putting my car in the middle, but leaving enough room to invite him in if he dared. I broke about a car length later than I ever had, and he BLEW past me!! I thought, dude, how much grass exactly did you want in your radiator?! With a chuckle, he went wide, saved it from going 4-off, and I repassed. Eventually traffic separated us, but a big pat on the back to Chris for a solid drive. His day would end early with a blown engine.

Also present were our good friends JP, Pax, Craig, Aaron, Doppler Dave, Ashlei, Peter, and others I am certain to have forgotten to mention. What was missing, however, was the absolute party atmosphere we all enjoyed last year. You know who you are, missing drivers. Please come back next year!

A few photos below of our friends including recent scholarship winner Dennis Trebbing and his father, Skip Barber grad Shea Holbrook, Dave, Aaron, Dennis again, results sheets, and Jimmy's flying flat black Miata.

See you all soon,

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	3040   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1081.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	3041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1082.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	3042   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1083.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	3043  

Name:	IMG_1084.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	3044   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1086.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	3045   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	3046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	3047  

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 01-16-2009

Very sorry to have missed this year's rendition - wait, I've sworn off double entendres - err... fun.

Way to go Chris. One more year and you'll have Gerardo's number - and ours before his!

Anxious for other reports.
Old 01-16-2009

Chris:

Way to go!!! It is good to see an incurable addiction bring such a fine report. Hanging on to Bobo's bumper for 30 minutes is no mean feat. Sorry about the motor, though. My only problem racing with you has been the way you hide your enthusiasim. Couldn't you at least try to look like you are having fun?
Old 01-16-2009

PBOC was a big success. Our guy Bobo won in class. Good strategy was used. He and Jimmy drove a disciplined, consistent race. Solid driving. Flat black car always has a soft spot in my heart. Crucial motorsports was in attendance, Carlos, Aaron, Sam worked really hard. Fielded two miatas and a BMW. Kudos to them. Looked like a nice set-up.

I told you guys guys Doc nuss had some hard earned speed. Moving chicane to true contender. 2:41's. Last time we ran here, 2:56's. Big huge change. Hard work and the JP program pay many dividends. Congrats to Doc Nuss.

Team BSI did well. Both myself and Doc Nuss did blow motors, however mine was not even two laps after Pax-man got out, so you decide. John and Peter were very quick and the only finishing car in the 6 hr. Peter's secret to speed is a half stack at the Sebring Diner opposed to a full-stack. Pax-man was quick, been working on his speed. Lots of test days, lots of JP & BSI. He is also quite famous here in Sebring. Pax for Mayor!? Russell Gee was there, he wanted me to invite everyone up to Boston for a Sox game, says there is plenty of room in the Gee household!! I put a beautiful pass on Russ during the last lap of todays 90 min enduro. Feel free to ask him.

Uncle Stu worked really hard to keep us racing. After blowing two motors, we were short cars. So he drove all the way to Daytona, arriving shortly after 1am, picked up two cars then drove all the back to Sebring!! Wow. Big huge thanks to him. Worked very, very hard all weekend. Great cars.

JP was scheming in pit-lane, running stop watches. Had all our lap times, pit times, total race time. We all know JP loves some strategy. He has worked very hard to help us all race. Test days, enduro's, sprint races. Helping us all live a dream. Thank you JP! The guy is going to the 24 hrs next week, yet he is here in Sebring, helping us. Teaching life lesson along the way. He stood in one spot for 6 hours, calling the shots. Helping us out. God Bless him...Cayenne too!

I shot tons-o-video so it will take awhile to get it all up. DD was missed, CDH should come play. The Greists were also missed. Doc Jeff needs to make an appearance or a search party is going out. Pretty cool to run at night, at Sebring. History, living history. Helps to have a few ALMS and Speed Challenge cars in the field. Blue flames shooting out the Ford GT. Super cool. Thanks to BSI, JP and all who made it happen. Good to see TJR and SBRS folks. Always a good group.

Craiger
Old 01-16-2009

Craig:

Sounds like a really great time. I was tempted to do the PBOC but Arms Up is building an FC for me so I felt a need to let my credit card cool off a bit.

As for running at night I had my first experience at that running the 13 hour at VIR on Halloween. Unfortunately, I only got to run about 20 minutes in the night practice as our gas tank popped a leak about 6 hours into the race. There is something about being in a night race especially at VIR that stirs my foolish soul. FC or no FC I will have to do that again.

Sorry I missed it, Craig, hope to see you this coming season.
Old 01-16-2009
Skippy Instructor

Great time for sure and thanks for the Ata- Boy from Gerardo to Chris... I purposely did not tell Chris who was in the car simply" stay with him" and he did for longer than anyone expected. Good Job Nussbaum! Great opportunity to run stealth behind Gerardo and learn some advanced racecraft. Bobo drove well with Jimmy Locke.

Sebring at night is always full of adventure and everyone had a blast!!! Plenty of new faces with smiles evident even with the helmet on. Those not here were missed but make no mistake there was just as much excitement as any other year. Don't miss out!

Thanks for letting me be a part.
JP
Old 01-17-2009
administrationistperson

Sounds like a blast, congrats all. Just wondering, is there a charge for the blown engines? How does that work?

Well done - I'll add the pics to pictures forum...

cdh

Last edited by cdh; 01-17-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2009
Skippy Instructor

Great run downs by Bobo and Craiger. What a spectacular time! I had to fly back to WI and missed Friday and the weekend races, but Wed & Thurs were the bomb. I was incredibly fortunate again this year to have another great codriver. Last year was DD, this year John Peterson. A guy really can't ask for better than those two.

Awesome time gains by Nussy were fun to see...must have been from all that spooning with Craiger. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Also fun to see Pax just crankin out fast laps and doing it consistently.

Lots of fun and "big huge" thanks to JP for bringing this all together and making it a really fun event. But it's not over yet! Keep those reports coming in from the rest of the weekend, and we NEED to know how Nussy's 400hp Mustang ride went.

Pete

(Craiger, we HAVE to go to Boston for a Sox game and stay at Russell's house. He's so nice about that stuff.)
Old 01-17-2009

Doug good question. I asked Uncle Stu the same thing. Lucky for me no charge. Only if I run into something, or something runs into moi. We do still have a full day-o-racing. My good friends John and Erick had a good battle today in qualifying. I was watching from the inside of the carousel. There was about 6-8 spectators standing there with me. They too noticed the epic battle playing out. Both guys pushing pretty hard. Big saves, lots of opposite steering input. People were taking pics, high fives etc. Never bad to be "the show".

Doc Nuss has been given the opportunity to drive one of Stu's other cars, a FRC500 Mustang. I will post the video of when he got out of the car. Needless to say, smiles and almost tears from driving it. Erick asked what his top speed was, "buried the needle" was Doc Nuss's response (140mph speedo). Pretty sweet. Drove it like he stole it. Pax-man has been making significant gains. Dom Bastien made an appearance, turning good times. Always a pleasure to see him.

Peter, there is a scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles......Those aren't pillows!! Don't be too jealous, next time we can room together. I am all for just showing up at Russells house. More to come after the weekend is over and Craiger returns to KC.

I am not sure what I did for fun before racing....but it couldn't have been that good. Ted should be here too

Craiger
Old 01-17-2009

Thanks Gerardo for the shout out and the much appreciated kind words; when you waved at me and i recognized your helmet and knew it was you i momentarily freaked out! Head Game lesson learned! Great running with you; looking forward to another shot at it in the future. Thanks to Russ for letting me drive a stint in his mount for the 90 min. enduro, too.

John, Jeff, Stolzie - thank you - hey, wish you were here! My endorphins were maxed today hammering the T2 Mustang around - - soft brake early in sixteen, feed in throttle progressively as you turn the wheel, straighten up and YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! nail that pedal to the mat for the back straight -- Wahooo!!! The tail wants to kick out in 17 as you downshift and turn out of 140+, kinda horse it heavily thru, this big brick, buckin' and not wanting to turn, stabilizing it with power as she squats and you look right, hold her inside, then open up your hands and ON THE GAS!!!! BYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Unbelievable!
2:34 and still not close to 10/10ths!! Its a beast.

All, of course, possible due to the great coaching and mentoring I have been so lucky to receive from Jim Pace. JP - YouDaMan!!
Big thanks also to Stu and BSI crew for workin' their butts off to keep us all racing, and kudos to my fellow BSI racers and alumni who make it so enjoyable to be a part of this wild bunch. You guys are the best!
Chris

Name:	mustang2009.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	3048  
Old 01-18-2009
administrationistperson

nice ride - pic tweak

Name:	FRC500.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	3049  
Old 01-19-2009
Skippy Instructor

What a great time!!! Kirk Kinsfater joined in for Fridays' Enduro then the weekend races. Eric and John allowed him to shadow them in practice and he learned sedan racing quickly. They each qualified 0.1 sec apart with Kirk using the draft to come out ahead. All three nose to tail for the race and slaying the traffic, and there was plenty. Dom Bastien was there for the weekend sprint races and kept the pressure on those three filling in the next qualifying spot just behind Jimmy Locke. So great to see cars working together to go faster rather than panic racing their way to the back.
Steady drive by Jimmy Locke and awesome last lap by John Peterson and Aaron Nash in the 40 min race on Sunday. A couple hundreths at the line to Hippie. Fourteen hours of track time from W-Sun. and it finishes the last race "wheel to wheel and hub to hub", to quote one of all our favorite mentors. Those guys all left exhausted but what a way to spend a January weekend, maybe that is why they call it the Winterfest. So many stories and great memories! Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of living the dream.
JP
Old 01-19-2009

Wonderful reports from all involved.

Glad for all of you and sorry we couldn't join you...this year.
Old 01-20-2009

What an awesome weekend...... Thank you very much to Dennis Trebing and Bill Hess for driving with Sam and I this weekend and ofcourse to the many other people that helped us make this happen. The six hour on thursday was a blast with Crucial fielding two miata's, unfortunatly the faster of the two was sidelined half way with transmission woes. With Doppler, Puffy, and Los putting together perfect pit stops and Dennis and Sam's consistent driving we were able to come home 4th in class just behind Jimmy Locke and Gerardo. Friday was spent getting a "new used" tranny in one miata while racing the second car during the 90 min. enduro, which Bill brought home 4th in class and I think was the 3rd miata to finish. We also got to put some laps on the new BMW during the solo lapping sessions but quickly went through the OEM brake pads and had to park her the rest of the weekend. For me, sunday was the most exciting day. Qualifying was a wash but didn't much matter in the end as it all boils down to more seat time. I really hope somebody in our pack of cars had a camera on the action, because between the two random oil spills on course and the 50+ other cars there was lots of action to be had. My hat goes off to John Peterson for giving me the battle of my life and keeping it fairly clean as well! He clearly had me in certain brake zones but for some reason my little 1.6L had a bit longer legs down the straights. We pretty much ran together most of the race but it was the last three laps that really got exciting. I knew I could pass in certain corners (only to have the pressure turned on me!) but finally made a mature decision and just stuck as close to his bumper as possible, giving bumps here and there to reiterate the pressure he was under! There was no white flag on the last lap, but luckily Shawn radio'd in gave the single to attempt a last lap pass. From the hairpin on all I could think about was corner 16..... I had to exit that perfectly to get a clean run on John headed towards 17. Headed down the back stretch I manage to pull along side and we entered turn 17 door to door, with me on the inside. Ofcourse we were both pushing each other to hit the brakes the latest, when all of the sudden my foot slipped off the pedal causing my nose to pop back up and lurch in front of John. While I was gathering it back up John kept the pressure on by slipping underneath me and making a run for it! We were door to door again at the bridge/apex of 17 when that second bump unsettled both cars and literally put us door to door. No harm though as we both stayed on the road and stayed on the throttle all the way to the stripe. Great battle John, moments like that are what all this effort is about for me.

Aaron Nash
www.anashracing.com
Crucial Motorsports Group, LLC

For awesome pictures of the weekend atleast sat. and sun. check out my friends website:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/antiundersteer/

Last edited by anashracing; 01-20-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2009
Grand Master

Great to read all these reports and see how solid Skippy training again translates into success in all forms of racing. Hats off to JP and Stu for putting it together again

Sounds like John had an even better battle than I did with Aaron last year and what a great idea putting John and Peter in the same car.

Gerardo and Jimmy Locke did it again with a podium performance.

The good Doc performed well until his engine expired. Craige had some bad engine luck as well but sounds like it didn't dampen his spirits any either.

A cast of new and old usual suspects made it once again worth the effort.

I'm appropriately green with envy.

Bravo y'all and JP... Good luck at the Rolex!
Old 01-22-2009
MGBCrusty
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Sutherland 'passed' me after I turned the last lap with no brakes, and it still took him a whole lap! Nice job! As for visiting the home of the 2009 World Series Boston Red Sox, and Celtics and Bruins and freeloading at my ostentaciously large and opulently decorated Cambridge mansion, complete with 6 spare bedrooms all with sauna and personal 'assistant' and foolishly large plasma screens looping videos of my many on-track successes, off street parking with enclosed garage with tools and a lift, located in a neighborhood crawling with an international roster of extremely hot, race savy coeds, be advised that I lost everything in the market, have changed my name to Mario Pace and have moved to Mississippi, where I am told even I could survive the Obama administration......
Old 01-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbcrusty View Post
Sutherland 'passed' me after I turned the last lap with no brakes, and it still took him a whole lap!

It took Craig a whole lap because he was upset the "fix" on your brakes took so long to work.
Old 01-22-2009

Russell has good days....and bad. I hear the medication has been increased for his alternate personality "Mario". The truth is, he never left pit lane. We all took turns making noises and shaking the car to simulate on track action. You all should have seen the smile on his when JP told him he was running 2:41's. An enchanting moment for all involved.
Old 01-22-2009
Skippy Instructor

Quote:
Sutherland 'passed' me after I turned the last lap with no brakes, and it still took him a whole lap! Nice job! As for visiting the home of the 2009 World Series Boston Red Sox, and Celtics and Bruins and freeloading at my ostentaciously large and opulently decorated Cambridge mansion, complete with 6 spare bedrooms all with sauna and personal 'assistant' and foolishly large plasma screens looping videos of my many on-track successes, off street parking with enclosed garage with tools and a lift, located in a neighborhood crawling with an international roster of extremely hot, race savy coeds, be advised that I lost everything in the market, have changed my name to Mario Pace and have moved to Mississippi, where I am told even I could survive the Obama administration......
You are way too funny, Russell. Always a great time when you're at the track, and I always look forward to next time. I'm hoping it will be Savannah for the nationals in early March.
Old 01-22-2009

Quote:
Sutherland 'passed' me after I turned the last lap with no brakes, and it still took him a whole lap! Nice job! As for visiting the home of the 2009 World Series Boston Red Sox, and Celtics and Bruins (best teams money can buy!)and freeloading (freeloading? Such a harsh word. Think of it as your opportunity to bring change to America) at my ostentaciously large and opulently decorated Cambridge mansion, complete with 6 spare bedrooms all with sauna and personal 'assistant' and foolishly large plasma screens looping videos of my many on-track successes, off street parking with enclosed garage with tools and a lift, located in a neighborhood crawling with an international roster of extremely hot, race savy coeds (savy? such a waste!), be advised that I lost everything in the market, have changed my name to Mario Pace and have moved to Mississippi, where I am told even I could survive the Obama administration......
Somehow, after seeing how much you enjoyed the cultural offerings of Boston, Va I can't see a yankee like you lasting long in Mississippi............
Old 02-03-2009

Thanks to some help from various covert agencies around the world. The debauchery from Winterfest 09 is up on TJR. Best played with volume. Hide the women and children
craiger
http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/vids/sebring-2009.mov
Old 02-03-2009

Oh BTW a little bird said something to me about Sebring end of Feb, Road Atlanta Mar w/enduro, Roebling in Apr, Road America in may and Sprints in June (which we should all go to), the Glen in July, Road America again in July.

More to come at a later date. I think we are doubling all weekends. With a spec miata we can run in two classes, SM and ITA. So for SCCA events, we can have twice the fun. 4 races, 4 practices etc. I think stu charges a few hundred extra. i think less than 500 but I could be wrong.

I think the june sprints at Road America had 80 cars in the SM class. This has to be a must. The June Sprints are famous. Harsha, DD, CDH etc should all try and attend. It would be fun to have tons of TJR folks up there.
Old 02-03-2009
Grand Master

With snow blowing around outside our window we're all smiles enjoying both your shot selection and choice of music. Perfectly captures the spirit and sound of the event. Love the in-car camera. The cluster f--- of Miata's going through turn one through 3 is priceless and totally captures the congested insanity of the event. A bunch of early apexing through the left hander into the carousel, evidence of which is tail wagging by the lead offender.

You find out you can go through the corners as fast or faster than most of the high powered cars. So much fun.

Brought back great memories and feelings. Nice work. Thanks!

Last edited by dalyduo; 02-03-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2009
Skippy Instructor

Craiger,
Nice work on the video! As Pat says really captures the spirit of the weekend especially the cluster in the opening laps..."Engage, Engage, Get in there!"
I love it!
"Thanks for all the great work you do on the video. We are all so proud of all the great work you are doing." See ya.
JP
Old 02-05-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Thanks for the callout, Craig. Unfortunately have been sidelined by different life situations but am dying to get back in a car. Just haven't been able to get it to work out yet, and physically I am SO out of shape.

Great video-- really captured the fun you guys had. Thanks for sharing and making me more envious.
Old 02-05-2009
administrationistperson

Good stuff Craiger - glad you are contributing videos, posts and photos, we need it

We can talk more about encoding, should be able to improve image quality, but the editing is great, keep at it, thanks!

Bookmark This Thread