Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 10-19-2012
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Pro Challenge

Congratulations to Bryan Hixon for winning the inaugural Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Skip Barber Pro Challenge Championship! The final race weekend at Petit LeMans saw Bryan leading me by 36 points and though I won Thursday's race Bryan came in a close second and went on to win Friday's race clinching the championship. I have to say that I had a great time in the series this year and learned a great deal about driving the MX-5's compared to the open wheel cars. I am looking forward to another season in Playboy Cup next year. Just in case anyone did not know; you can watch our races on the Velocity Channel on Saturday's at noon during the MazdaSpeed Motorsports Hour.

The KnightRider
Old 10-19-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Pro Challenge

Woo Hoo and big congrats to David and Bryan for fighting the good fight in the Playboy Cup. Bryan's been bringing it in MX-5 for a couple of years so his success is admirable and not a surprise. David, on the other hand, just started driving the MX-5 this year with a much steeper learning curve jumping straight into the Playboy Cup and much less seat time. So to both guys with special mention to David for getting up to speed so quickly.
Old 10-20-2012
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Congrats to Bryan, and a tip of my helmet to my buddy Dave for a spectacular season. I echo Pat's sentiments and am very, very happy for the success you've had in the series. Hope to see you soon !

Viz
Old 10-21-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

David, I am in awe of your learning curve! Congrats on a great season! You deserve it not only for your driving skill but your attitude and sportsmanship. I miss hanging out with you and hope that it's not too long before our paths cross again.
Old 10-22-2012
Burger Flipper #2
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4

Great job to both Brian and David. Also a big round of applause is due for Steven McAleer(former Nat series driver from Scotland and all around good guy) for winning the Pro division in a CJ Wilson Racing(also a Skippy racer) prepped car.

Bookmark This Thread