Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 01-22-2008
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Monticello's new Motor Club....

Hey, what’s up with Monticello’s new Motor Club? I’m hearing rumors that less than 50 members have signed up so far, and only a few have actually paid the initial 25K. And – what’s the deal with what I’ve heard about the Club not taking any new members or $$$ right now? Doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of the Motor Club? I’m also hearing that they’re not building a full track right away, but only a 1.6 – 1.8 mile track that won’t be complete until mid 2009. I’ve checked out the website, and can’t find any up-to-date info on this. The website says the Club was supposed to formally open this summer. Anyone out there able to shed some light on this?fficeffice" />
Old 01-23-2008
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Re: Monticello's new Motor Club....

I guess that puts Lime Rock firmly in the pole position with it's Club. I understand that they have close to 110 so far!
Old 01-24-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Monticello's new Motor Club....

Know nothing of the status of the Monticello club but Lime Rock's "Club" is up and running. Having the track and facilities already in place gives them a big edge. The plan is to replace the old media building next to the tower with a new Sam Posey designed media building that will be a temporary "Clubhouse" until an outfield clubhouse and garages are built up near the old Peterson Publication outfield building.

They are close to (or may now have) a contract to repave the track and there are additions planned to the layout that will keep the original footprint of the track but add features to slow down lap times and create more passing opportunities, especially with the ALMS cars.

At 50 members they'd have enough seed money to get things rolling. So even if there aren't over 100 paid members at this point it's not really a big deal. If the upgrades are attractive, done well and the members have a good time, word of mouth will certainly attract more people.

They don't really have a financial gun to their heads the way facilities that are building from scratch do.

Bookmark This Thread